Politics Princess' Sweet Sixteen

Blarghagh

Okay, this one amused me somewhat:

"When Republicans are asking for your votes in November, remember to tell them 'Now is not the time' and offer your thoughts and prayers."

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Here is a bit of good news. Elizabeth Warren will not run for President in 2020.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/11/warren-no-to-white-house-bid-dna-test-says-heritage-part-who-am.html

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Illegal immigrants with sex, robbery convictions among those who evaded capture after Dem mayor's warning.

"What she did is no better than a gang lookout yelling 'police' when a police cruiser comes in the neighborhood, except she did it to an entire community. This is beyond the pale,"

Where is all the states' right people on this. A government agency is coming for people who live in your state etc. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Probably because California is liberal and the whole sanctuary state/city thing.

Here is a bit of good news. Elizabeth Warren will not run for President in 2020.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/11/warren-no-to-white-house-bid-dna-test-says-heritage-part-who-am.html

That's what she says right now anyway. Could change after the midterms as politicians get serious on whether they'll run for sure or not.

"Where is all the states' right people on this. A government agency is coming for people who live in your state etc. "

Except, immigration (illegal or otherwise) should be clearly a Federal issue. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

@Gorgon: Volo is correct. Article I of the US Constitution makes that the federal government's job. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been under the impression that Donald Trump, contrary to my expectations, has been having a hell of a good time as President. I really thought he would be miserable because for the first time in his life he would not be able to work on his own terms. He is, after all, a man whose life has allowed him to do pretty much whatever he pleases and separated him from most of the consequences of his actions. Even his failures. Over the past year I'm starting to see I was incorrect on both counts. He's still doing whatever the hell he pleases and seems oblivious to the consequences of what he does.

That is not to say he's doing a good job. I would not say that at all. He's done a few things right, a few more wrong, and quite a few that don't make much sense. His whole administration is a hot mess of instability and chaos. But that seems to suit him for some reason, God help us. But until now I thought I was the only one who figured he was enjoying this: https://www.axios.com/trumps-happiest-week-white-house-5184dc62-d425-4286-9b37-d01cf07f7e0d.html

Thomas Sowell

We call ourselves "the land of the free" here in the US. Isn't THAT a crock? Here in the land of the free 90% of the people seem to WANT the government to tell us "You can't have this. You can't watch that. You can't read this, listen to that, say this, think that, You can't eat that, you can't drink this, you can't marry him/her/them, you can't take your kids there, or read/teach/tell them this. Yes that is your house but we get to tell you what trees you can have, color you can paint it, pets that can live in it, or kinds of vehicles you can park in front of it. The money you earn isn't really yours, And don't forget to get on your knees and beg permission to do any work to that home you don't really own. Or drive the car you bought on the roads you paid for." And if the government ever thinks someone else will pay them more in taxes for that home they will just take it right away from you and give it to them and f--k you if you don't like it.

90% of the people think it's OK for the government to do whatever the f--k it pleases to whomever as long as it's doing to to things/people they decided they don't like. But when they come after THEIR toy/right/homes they scream bloody murder and utterly fail to see the logical paradox of the whole thing.

And to think the one group who thinks the government should leave ALL of us alone are the crazy ones. Go figure.

GD I did beg you guys to vote Democrat but I was ignored and scorned ...its okay we only have 3-7 years left of this  :p

Its not that bad by the way, Im happy with numerous economic measurements and foreign policy has mostly been good IMO, for example I am glad Russia failed in there  attempts to  get sanction relief 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce, here is a Democrat and a Republican The one that wins gets to be in charge of us. Which one would you have us vote for again?

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Is that a tarantula? Because I'd probably vote for the least venomous.

for sure not tarantula, they are bulkier

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5485007/Australia-Poland-Japan-join-England-World-Cup-boycott.html

US, Italy, Chile and Holland also standing ready to boycott the World Cup.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bahahaha, what a moronic worldwide response. "You may or may not have attempted to kill some spies, so were not going to some completely unrelated soccer match, which is in a totally different country anyway!" *HMPFT, STOMPS FOOT*

Well, these kinds of events are PR by the host and there's always the two Olympics as a precedent.  Is a bit funny, and does open England up to jokes about them saving their groupmates' time. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The US boycotts the World Cup every four years anyway by getting eliminated early.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

We even suck at Rugby. And t has an oval ball AND tackling. Our showing in the 2016 Rugby World Cup was particularly joyless. We are only good at sports we invented. Like Baseball, Basketball and American Football.

If there is ever a World Cup for Inner tube Water Polo y'all better watch out!

Yeah... it's a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_tube_water_polo

Thomas Sowell

Ah, its being hosted in Russia. For some reason I thought it was the UAE. I guess that hits them in the pocketbook.

Qatar is 2022, everyone is most displeased for reasons varying to human rights to...not being able to drink booze at the tournament.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5485007/Australia-Poland-Japan-join-England-World-Cup-boycott.html

US, Italy, Chile and Holland also standing ready to boycott the World Cup.

Did we even qualify? Easy to boycott something you're not invited to. :lol:

That was my lame attempt at a joke.

• Like 3

Hey Ben,

what do you think about that Tafel debacle? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Hey Ben,

what do you think about that Tafel debacle? :)

what’s there to say? Racists will be racists.

I found it more worrying that parts of the CDU are putting their weight behind it. I’m seeing that AfD/CDU coalition definitely coming soon.

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

"You may or may not have attempted to kill some spies,

Let's be honest here, it would be an extreme surprise if it weren't the Russians, and most of the doubt comes from the rather ludicrous formal story around Litvenenko*. But equally, if the UK could have whacked Kim Philby in Moscow post defection they would have, and most of the same people getting upset now would have celebrated, with a nod and wink about responsibility and no matter if a brave Moscow Bobby and x civilians were effected. Skripol was a traitor same as Philby without even Philby's excuse of doing it because of honest belief, he did it because he was paid.

*who was probably killed by the Russians, but the British public inquiry is full of holes- Russia is not the only source of Polonium and, for example, multiple lethal doses of Po were and are simply lost by US and other western research facilities, the idea of Lugavoy being used (he was jailed by Putin in the early 2000s, and is an opposition member of the Duma) is unlikely and the idea that he wandered around for days or weeks with an open container of one of the most deadly substances known to man is barely possible, let alone probable. And he cannot be extradited- as is never mentioned- because the Yeltsin written Constitution bars it. He wouldn't be extradited from the UK if the roles were reversed anyway, because the evidence against him is way too weak. Koftun, on the other hand, seems to have completely disappeared, and is a far more plausible candidate- but a Chechen doesn't make for anywhere near as good an accusation and he has disappeared, (or been disappeared).

• Like 1