Politics Princess' Sweet Sixteen

Blarghagh

This is your place to talk about the latest political kerfuffle.

Remember, even if you hate each other('s side or candidate), let's tackle the ball instead of the player. Insult Killary or Drumpf all you want, but your fellow member's moms are off limits.

Check the forum guidelines here if you're in doubt: https://forums.obsid...tion=boardrules

Also, in case it's unclear:

THE EDIT BUTTON EXISTS FOR A REASON. USE IT.

Carry on.

• Like 14

It's official. Trump is in for 2020: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/brad-parscale-donald-trump-2020/index.html

No one has ever announced this far from an election. I guess that means something. Not sure what. But something.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's official. Trump is in for 2020: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/27/politics/brad-parscale-donald-trump-2020/index.html

No one has ever announced this far from an election. I guess that means something. Not sure what. But something.

Pfft, he started the 2020 campaign almost immediately after inauguration, including all the trappings of a campaign. Though it was in part to pay for his legal bills (which is kind of scammy if you ask me). Practically the embodiment of the eternal campaigning that US poilitics has gotten into.

Pfft, he started the 2020 campaign almost immediately after inauguration, including all the trappings of a campaign. Though it was in part to pay for his legal bills (which is kind of scammy if you ask me). Practically the embodiment of the eternal campaigning that US poilitics has gotten into.

That is hardly unusual. But coming out and saying it is. I wonder what a Primary challenge will look like and who will sign up for it. It does not matter. There are only two Republicans left I have a shred of respect for and neither is named Donald Trump. No matter who iit is (unless it;s one of those two) I'm not voting for the Republican candidate.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I forget, what is an assault style weapon?

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It seems to be more of a visual difference than a functional one. Which I get that people love to nitpick, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of these mass shooters have been attracted to very similar looking weapons.

You people need to get your act together, he's an embarrassment. Get rid of him. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It seems to be more of a visual difference than a functional one. Which I get that people love to nitpick, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of these mass shooters have been attracted to very similar looking weapons.

Remember the Vegas shooting. 58 people dead and we are still supposed to pretend that a fork is a deadly weapon  in the right hands. Guns don't kill people, yada yada.

Guns aren't all the same and they aren't equally good at killing 58 people in the shortest amount of time.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

with the idea being if the would-be mass sh00ter cannot purchase an ar-15, he will simple call off the whole plan and instead take up macrame or something similar?  after all, it ain't as if 5 minutes o' internet searching could possible reveal to a prospective purveyor o' adolescent mayhem the availability o' semi-auto elk hunting rifles which is genuine far more powerful than ar-15s. not to mention we ain't yet seen a school classroom which is the kinda 400 metres which is testing the ar-15's max range, so 'course deprived o' an ar-15, the wannabee attention wh0re would never consider a backpack or duffle bag filled with handguns as a viable option b for confronting his perceived abusers in these smallish school classrooms and hallways. 

have said before how Gromnir actual is in favor o' any number o' gun control options. even so, am disappointed by the fixation and distraction o' assault-style and military-style weapons.  shouldn't make hurl the punching bag, but has gotten to the point whereby anytime we see "assault-style" or similar nomenclature, we feel need to vent a bit. doesn't make any sense to us.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

NBC news says Florida among seven states hacked by Russian operatives

NBC News reports that three senior intelligence officials say that Florida, Alaska, Arizona, California, Illinois, Texas and Wisconsin were believed to have had state websites or voter registration systems compromised by Russian-backed covert operatives before the 2016 election.

Although they do have that "Update" saying that Homeland have talked to them with a "NBC's reporting tonight on the 2016 elections is not accurate and is actively undermining efforts of the Department of Homeland Security to work in close partnership with state and local governments to protect the nation's election systems from foreign actors."

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And for the Quote of the Day....

"We should change the names of AR-15s to 'Marco Rubio' because they are so easy to buy."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You people need to get your act together, he's an embarrassment. Get rid of him.

We will get rid of him when the popular parties actually give us a decent or good candidate. Or everyone votes libertarian lol.

As someone who considers him an embarrassment as well, it says alot that even now it coulda been so much worse for us, except the media and EU woulda loved Hillary alot more. Granted the media wouldn't get as much to do with Hillary campared to Trump.

Hey next election we may have Oprah as next president lol.

Well if you want to ban something, helps to be somewhat specific.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

with the idea being if the would-be mass sh00ter cannot purchase an ar-15, he will simple call off the whole plan and instead take up macrame or something similar? after all, it ain't as if 5 minutes o' internet searching could possible reveal to a prospective purveyor o' adolescent mayhem the availability o' semi-auto elk hunting rifles which is genuine far more powerful than ar-15s. not to mention we ain't yet seen a school classroom which is the kinda 400 metres which is testing the ar-15's max range, so 'course deprived o' an ar-15, the wannabee attention wh0re would never consider a backpack or duffle bag filled with handguns as a viable option b for confronting his perceived abusers in these smallish school classrooms and hallways.

have said before how Gromnir actual is in favor o' any number o' gun control options. even so, am disappointed by the fixation and distraction o' assault-style and military-style weapons. shouldn't make hurl the punching bag, but has gotten to the point whereby anytime we see "assault-style" or similar nomenclature, we feel need to vent a bit. doesn't make any sense to us.

HA! Good Fun!

Your making a lot of assumptions about my beliefs on 'assualt style' weapons, but that is probably my fault for not being clear. I was simply posting what the sporting good store went with. In terms of their interest, they probably hope that not having that type of weapon available will lessen their chances of being listed as a seller when the next shooting happens. That seems reasonable.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ar-15-style-rifles-popular-mass-shooters/story?id=53111745

The only article I've seen that makes an attempt to explain it and even then it's not very in-depth

Remember the Vegas shooting. 58 people dead and we are still supposed to pretend that a fork is a deadly weapon  in the right hands. Guns don't kill people, yada yada.
Guns aren't all the same and they aren't equally good at killing 58 people in the shortest amount of time.

Of course not ALL guns are the same but they are generally equal between comparable firearms 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

As I warned since 2015 and in the last iteration of this thread, those expecting consistency or loyalty from Trump are bound to be disappointed.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling