Movement speed and action speed

I haven't seen a thread about this, and I'm not even sure it's needed.

I made it for my own sake, just to garner more about what Swift and other speed-enhancing spells/effects really entail.

For instance, the most stupid speed question ever asked:

If I use Stride or something to literally move faster during combat, will my attacks literally become faster too, and is this in any way linked to the animation frames of my character models and their animated attacks?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If I use Stride or something to literally move faster during combat, will my attacks literally become faster too?

Nope, these two are separate.

P.S. Also just in case your base stride value is 4. Some monsters can have a higher base movement speed (e.g. lagufaeth have 6), same, or lower.

• Like 1

OK, so movement speed never affects attack speed or spell-casting speed or anything like that. Good to know.

Still, by moving fast, I can close the gap between my enemy and my melee character, and in effect, still get attacks in faster, and then move on to the next faster, so in some sense higher DPS anyways per encounter (and less damage)?

And for ranged characters, better kiting, of course.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

@Boeroer: When I played the beta, I noticed how significant this was when I made a party going crazy with movement speed effects. So, I'm planning to maximize that effect when Deadfire gets released. And Dex, doesn't it increase movement speed as well?