For those playing the console version of PoE

PoE 2 available on PS4 according to Amazon, I just pre-ordered it.  

https://gamefragger.com/pc/pillars-of-eternity-ii-confirms-console-release-this-holiday-a8274

I am very happy to read this and actually saw Amazon has the three console versions up for sale. I pre-ordered the Xbox One and PS4 Version, same as I did for POE, as a way to support the continued console version being offered and to play it with my wife on the PS4 in our living room. The Xbox One X version of POE runs great, with much quicker loading times and the controller layout and use on the consoles is very well thought out and works great for a game like this.

Makes me very hopeful for further console support of  games of this nature, that a game like POE and POE2 can have such an intuitive layout on controller, so PC players are happy with M and KB and console owners get a version that works well with the controller so everyone is happy. 

I'm still waiting for the console version to get the Deadfire patch...the Paradox forums have gone silent and no one will respond to anyone's posts or messages, I have zero hope that patch will come. 

Hopefully with a new publisher the second one will have better console support. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the release date for the PC version is May 8th now, did they push it back?  I thought the original release date was in April. I don't know if this will affect the console release though. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-13-pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-release-delayed-a-month  

Edited by Mangamina

I see the release date for the PC version is May 8th now, did they push it back?  I thought the original release date was in April. I don't know if this will affect the console release though. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-13-pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-release-delayed-a-month  

They did delay it a month to finish some fine tuning the end product. Not sure how or if this affects the console port, but seems unlikely. I base this on the assumption that many of the console modifications manly pertain to control systems and I assume ( yeah not always the best option :)  ) that many of the last minute fine tuning may pertain to bug fixes and tuning stat systems and not control issues.  

• Like 1

All we can do is assume so I think it's OK; besides, without assumptions, theorems, guesstimates we would be living in a monochrome world.  In other words, without fantasy (and games like PoE), why even dream at all?  Without dreamers, Alexander The Great wouldn't have forged a path to India, Columbus wouldn't have discovered America, and we wouldn't even have gone to the moon (of which some are doubting that we even did it in the first place!).  

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon says PoE2 will be available on Dec 31 2018.  Still no word on the Deadfire items pack for PoE1.  So dumb.

Yeah too bad they can't release Deadfire on consoles the same time the PC version comes out.  Hopefully it will be long before December 31 (which is a placeholder anyway).  The Deadfire Pack before that would be awesome, however the console version doesn't seem to be selling like hotcakes at least from what I can see at Amazon, there's only 42 reviews of the PS4 version.  So they may not have much motivation to put out something a little extra for the console players of the game, oh well.  Just my estimate of what's going on, could be totally wrong of course (I hope). 

• Like 1

Amazon says PoE2 will be available on Dec 31 2018.  Still no word on the Deadfire items pack for PoE1.  So dumb.

Yeah too bad they can't release Deadfire on consoles the same time the PC version comes out.  Hopefully it will be long before December 31 (which is a placeholder anyway).  The Deadfire Pack before that would be awesome, however the console version doesn't seem to be selling like hotcakes at least from what I can see at Amazon, there's only 42 reviews of the PS4 version.  So they may not have much motivation to put out something a little extra for the console players of the game, oh well.  Just my estimate of what's going on, could be totally wrong of course (I hope). 

On the Pillars Console forum at Paradox, I got a message back saying they currently have NO PLANS to release the Deadfire patch on consoles...complete bummer. 

• Like 1

On the Pillars Console forum at Paradox, I got a message back saying they currently have NO PLANS to release the Deadfire patch on consoles...complete bummer. 

Yeah this is a bummer.  Would love to see the new portraits, items etc.  Oh well.  Maybe the new company who is in charge of PoE2 for the consoles will add it in somehow.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

PoE 2:  Deadfire about to be released in 5 days on PC!  I haven't finished PoE1 yet on the PS4; going through White March 2 now, then I'll finish Act II; now at Level 15 on Hard.   Beautiful game, I forget to mention that, sometimes I'll just zoom in and zoom out and look around, every set is wonderfully crafted, especially nice on a big screen with the PS4 processor.  By the time Deadfire comes out on consoles, I'll be ready for it so I'm in no particular rush.

Edited by Mangamina
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

More news for console users:  Divinity Original Sin 2 (DOS2) will be released on PS4 and Xbox in August 2018.  What does this have to do with PoE?  Well I'm not going to ignore the fact that these two games have been in development-complement-parallel since 2012 and I have been following both very closely.  This dove-tails nicely with my progression through these games as I will be finishing PoE on the PS4 when DOS2 is released.  I should be finishing DOS2 right around the time PoE2 is released on consoles.  This is a good time to be an RPG'er!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/divinity-original-sin-2-getting-big-changes-on-ps4/1100-6459002/

• 3 months later...

One week to go for DOS2 on consoles, I guess they did mean it when they said August 31st, seems like a LOT of game to shoe-horn into a PS4.  However it's got about a year of PC "beta" testing  :bow:  since it was released for that on September 14th, 2017.  Thank you again Kickstarter contributors for that game too.  

JUST FINISHED THE GAME on the PS4, loved it, it's one of the best games I've ever played.  2 more days for DOS2!  

UPDATE 01SEP18:  This is my swan song for PoE1:  THAT'S ALL FOLKS!  Moving on to the DOS2 boards now and Deadfire this holiday season; therefore my last post on this board. Bye bye, some great contributors here (and the occasional troll but that's to be expected).

Edited by Mangamina