Yes, I also found out and reported so above. :) I think in beta1 it was 20% only - or my memory failed me.

Edit: instead of writing an additional post I edited my statement about 20%. Maybe that wasn't so smart...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Errr so Liberation Exhortation is not self targetable anymore in DF?

Wonder if the devs wanna turn all paladin buff to like that :)

the laying on of hands is self targetable and results in significant buffs in their upgraded state.  at the very least , is not "all."  even so, does seem like many paladin powers exclude the paladin herself from benefits.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Errr so Liberation Exhortation is not self targetable anymore in DF?

Wonder if the devs wanna turn all paladin buff to like that :)

the laying on of hands is self targetable and results in significant buffs in their upgraded state.  at the very least , is not "all."  even so, does seem like many paladin powers exclude the paladin herself from benefits.

HA! Good Fun!

Never a fan of this type of abilities. Chanter/Priest can support teammate while their abilities can also affect/support themself, while paladins can only support others? Also these exhortations are totally useless when soloing.

don't take such powers when soloing? game has never been balanced with solo in mind.  thank goodness.

*shrug*

keep in mind, the auras is also affecting the paladin, and there is stuff such as the goldpact armour bonus which is clear a buff affecting the paladin.  if you wanna make a paladin who is able to buff self, is not difficult.  also, we only got half the paladin tree.  additional, if one feels a paucity o' self buffs for paladins is an issue, one is able to multiclass with chanters or priests or whatnot.  

some folks, when the deadfire beta were initial released, were cheesed off 'cause they couldn't choose weapon and shield style for their paladin.  such a complaint were made isolated from any seeming gameplay need for such an increase in paladin tankyness. as the beta has endured, it has become clear there is in fact no actual need for making weapon and shield part o' the paladin tree.  even so, absence compared to deadfire fighter and poe paladins was seen as reason enough to demand weapon and shield. have had a similar problem when addressing summoned weapon strengths and weaknesses, as if certain aspects o' such spells is so fundamental as to transcend balance concerns.  *insert eye roll here* single class paladins is current playing perhaps a bit too strong as both tank, dps and hybrid, relative speaking, and their support powhaz is effective and useful.  is tough to rationalize major paladin power ups at this point w/o first conceding balance is a complete non issue.

am okie dokie with making paladin powhaz self target, but doing so would require a rebalance as paladins is current borderline op as single class, and is definite op as a multiclass option.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Probably a reaction to the inverse issue Paladins had in terms of relative power in PoE1.  I just hope that if they decide to nerf them a little in the name of gameplay balance, we don't go back to how things were in the original (not saying they were ineffective, but they definitely were very limited in a role they could excel in and/or were outshone by other classes otherwise).

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.