Advice for nerdy men's wedding band

redneckdevil

Title says it all. Finally it's time and as Bill Burr says "Lose half my ****". Gonna keep things small but fun, not tradition boring ass wedding, just gonna be an small event to have fun to remember back on. She's already got a kick ass ring picked, unicorns and sailer moon I **** u not. I've never thought about a ring and if I did it'd be a simple silver or white gold band, plain and simple. But a new opportunity has opened up and why the hell not take it.

So I love all types of nerdy ****. Lovecraftian, sci first, high fantasy, video games, etc.

Now I've seen the crazy cool **** y'all find on the internet that I'd never even know to look at so I was asking if y'all had to the opportunity, thought a ring looked cool or bad ass, post it here please.

I'm not gonna have any rules because I might be surprised to see something I'd normally not like.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 6

Get a plain tungsten one. Never know when you'll need a filament.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Mine is made of a thinited nut tool lol

My brother-in-law's is a tire track iron ring and it's pretty sweet.

They are not classy by any means but they are nerdy and pretty cool nonetheless :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Title says it all. Finally it's time and as Bill Burr says "Lose half my ****". Gonna keep things small but fun, not tradition boring ass wedding, just gonna be an small event to have fun to remember back on. She's already got a kick ass ring picked, unicorns and sailer moon I **** u not. I've never thought about a ring and if I did it'd be a simple silver or white gold band, plain and simple. But a new opportunity has opened up and why the hell not take it.

So I love all types of nerdy ****. Lovecraftian, sci first, high fantasy, video games, etc.

Now I've seen the crazy cool **** y'all find on the internet that I'd never even know to look at so I was asking if y'all had to the opportunity, thought a ring looked cool or bad ass, post it here please.

I'm not gonna have any rules because I might be surprised to see something I'd normally not like.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of stuff are you both guys into?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

if you're going to go classic nerd..

il_570xN.415210410_qbet.jpg

Not to forget the..

A5.jpg

If madness is your thing...

ecf79fe472bb4c9f36967e4ed515bbb5.jpg

Or time and space..

il_570xN.1126322740_2hls.jpg

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Congratulations!

I'm afraid I don't have any advice either. Hubby and I always just went for simple silver or silver-toned type bands and for quite some time now neither of us even wear them most of the time. You keep taking them on and off when you do heavy task work then forget to put them back on and ... but I occasionally wear one when I want to display my marital status for some reason. I've considered getting us some new titanium bands but haven't done so yet.

I went titanium in case I ever need to stop a steel door from closing. It is basic but durable.

LOL ... Abyss?

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thanks in advance!

What kind of stuff are you both guys into?
Eh, we usually ain't into the same specific thing but share the same "genres" if that makes sense lol. Edited by redneckdevil

neerdy romance is not our thing, but am recalling...

were in hawaii and saw this couple who had darkish wedding bands o' lord only knows what kinda material? ceramic? polished wood?  regardless, each band had a narrow strip running down the center o' bands, and when the two rings got w/i a couple feet o' each other, the strip in the bands would glow.  the glow weren't something you would notice in daylight, but at night, particular in a dark room or even restaurant dark light, the sympathetic blue-green glow were noticeable. 

*shrug*

thought such were kind neerdy and sweet.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, I'd love the One Ring in black but if the lettering was still gold or silver

Kinda like this but still engraved into the ring

precious_8mmenigma_vertical.jpg

Even better if it also had a faint glow in the dark

But I tend to like black rings... maybe I'm evil

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

simon and garfunkel, sound of silence.

slow dawning o' realization is almost painful to watch. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

simon and garfunkel, sound of silence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TP4MuVnS2A

slow dawning o' realization is almost painful to watch.

HA! Good Fun!

Like my first day at work

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra