For what level do you suggest Act 3 if you have no expanisons White March 1 and 2? In addition what NPC do you suggest for ENDFIGHT?

For what level do you suggest Act 3 if you have no expanisons White March 1 and 2? In addition what NPC do you suggest for ENDFIGHT?

I am replaying second time now through Pillars of Eternity and first time found the end fight totally IMPOSSIBLE on the hardest

challenge levels...

I don't want to finish the game on Easy or Medium the endfight.

I will not buy the expansion for POE1 but actually thinking of getting Obsidian version POE2.

Level cap without any White March is level 12. In additon those Dragon eyes you need to enchant for Superior you can only get

2 if you don't have expansions (in which you can get a total of 3 including none expansion area).

In addition they have made so that if you are level 11 and come near endfight place you will get lots of exp and probably level up to level 12.

I dont want to go to ENDFIGHT with some of your LOW CON builds that annoy me for me a classical Fighter does not have CON of say 10. Instead I min max usually the INTELLIGENCE to very bottom for Fighters.

My main is a Fighter, I have then created a Paladin and a Druid so I will have 3 of my builds with me.

After that I want to have 3 NPC to the end fight.

I take with me the Chanter Kana Rua

that is better then the Eder Fighter... then I want the Cleric Durance... I am litte bit loss who to have to endfight but this time I don't want the Wizard Aloth and either I have Pallegina mes Rèi so a second Paladin or the Druid Hiravias... that I have 2 druids.

The Druids in this game seem powerful  to me...

i want advice on NPC choosing to endfight.

In addition why I replay now is that you can IMPORT your reputation with factions to POE2 though you start as level 1 and I wanted little bit better reputation with some factions/groups.

In addition I also enjoy replay.

Sagani the Ranger? My main was a Ranger in first game and I could not even finish endfight on Hard with Sagani in a party with 2 Ranger and Aloth was

not my top favorite in that endfight last times.

I don't want answer like my level 16 character boosted with White March 1 and White March 2 with CON 3-10 did solo win the endfight at hardest difficulty level.

I am restricted to level 12 and do not have access to level 16 or White March 1 or 2. I plan to buy all expansions for POE2 though.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THIS SPOILER ABOUT ENDFIGHT UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED IT THROUGH:

In the endfight on hardest difficulty levels Hard and Nightmare at level 12 I am mostly annoyed that endboss casts those endless FIRE spells.

This time my party members that I create are Pale Elf race with Fire and Cold/ice elemental resistance 10.

The endboss allies are tough and cool but what I can not take when it comes some SUPER fire damage that kills half of the party

very fast when the endboss really gets going on hardest challenge levels like Nightmare or Hard.

I want to finish this game on Hard or Nightmare with level 12 party and not all custom made a few of the games NPC with me.

Edited by Terminator

If you can't win the fight at lvl 12 with the official companions on Path of the Damned difficulty you are doing something wrong. You would need to give more details about what you're actually doing in that fight in order to receive proper advice. Usually that fight is easier than let's say the fight vs. the Adra Dragon. If you could beat her you should have no problems against Thaos and maybe only your tactics are a bit off.

One tip though: if you have a character with high deflection and Weapon & Shield Style then give him the small shield Aila Braccia you get from the monks in the Celestial Sapling, buff his deflection and present him to Thaos. That shield turns ALL ranged grazes to misses and will reflect Thaos' Cleansing Flame back to him.

Another tip: send Kana Rua in with a one handed single weapon and chanting Dragon Thrashed only. Then cast Withdraw on him with a priest. He will be untouchable but still do lots of burn & slash damage. At the same time try to buff your accuracy and then debuff/disable the enemies. Take out the statues first because Thaos' can send his soul into them should you beat him down first.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you can't win the fight at lvl 12 with the official companions on Path of the Damned difficulty you are doing something wrong. Usually this fight is easier than let's say the fight vs. the Adra Dragon.

One tip though: if you have a character with high deflection and Weapon & Shield Style then give him the small shield Aila Braccia you get from the monks in the Celestial Sapling, buff his deflection and present him to Thaos. That shield turns ALL ranged grazes to misses and will reflect Thaos' Cleansing Flame back to him.

Another tip: send Kana Rua in with a one handed single weapon and chanting Dragon Thrashed only. Then cast Withdraw on him with a priest. He will be untouchable but still do lots of burn & slash damage. At the same time try to buff your accuracy and then debuff/disable the enemies. Take out the statues first because Thaos' can send his soul into them should you beat him down first.

Thank you for the advice! Good advice thanks!

Sorry, I edited while you were responding.

So if you need more advice then just come back and we'll figure something out.

Yeah well things like that happen well if you are interested the first time I won on Hard the Adra Dragon. Haven't tried Nightmare on that fight. My second party this time have not yet entered Act 3.

Edited by Terminator

Yeah well my mistake I never killed Adra Dragon that is Master of Endles Depths. I only went  there to get the Blade of Endless paths. I confused with Sky Dragon in Act 3 that you can enchant a couple of weapons to Superb.

In addition understand this. Getting that Blade pieces the first time I played was very challenging I was what level 10 then roughly I think. The game when I first time played through it and when I bought it was spring 2017.

AI is smarter compared to 2015 release and monsters don't dumbly always rush your Fighter.

The game works now that when you come to point of no return so to speaking so my level 11 party got huge amount of exp and all of them was leveled to level 12. Thanks for that gamemakers and I think they want to ensure that nobody comes to underleveled to the endfight.

This second party that I have created is different from the first... This is my second time I play through it also because I want to get more honor/reputation to POE2 transferred.

Yes I believe you that Adra Dragon fight might be the toughest fight without expansions in POE1.

Edited by Terminator

Argh played way to much this game. Granted I have holiday next week but I want to do some sports and not only play and need to do something useful.

On my replay time for better reputation for POE2... the rest in spoiler tag do not read unless you already have finished the game.

On my replay time for better reputation for POE2 I did finally now finish Act 2. Of Caed Nua I have only done about 5-6 levels if I remember correctly.

I have done the Castle battle that was easy.

Replay has been both fun but sometimes it feels like grind.

It is slightly fun with factions that are not evil but more like left wing (sosialistic for the poor to have better time The Dozens) and those who are that good cause should be defended no matter what costs and decisions should be best left to the noble and more capitalistic right wing noble faction Crusible Knights. I chose finally Crusible Knights mainly because I am landlord in real life though not millionaire. I did one quest for Dozens and in real life I also have friends from the left party so to say.

I really like Act 2 ending the voice telling and the story feel. My party are level 9 I don't have WM1 and WM2.

Edited by Terminator