Turtles also have movies and what not. The last one is from 2016. :D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3949660/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

Bah! There is only one, true live action turtle movie!

Seconded. Though I've always been curious about The Secret of the Ooze due to having David Warner in it (not that he hasn't had his fair share of clunkers).

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

It amazed me that nobody here remembers when the turtles started...

They were all black and silver and had lots of gore. Only later were they transformed into green turtles with the glow and the dark ooze created by April O'neil's father. Decapitations and ripping out hearts was common. This all was bred in 1981, which was later changed to be more marketed towards kids... Thus, adding colors to make turtles recognizable to children and censoring the turtles' dasterdly deeds to make them seem good more than nuetral and somewhat unstable.

How can we remember? We're not all Americans you know :p

These early comics never came here (Greece) and most probably not in many other places outside the US. I only learned about them recently. Also they are very old. Many here may be younger than the TV series itself :p

Also:

Well honestly nothing comes close to the German intro sung by the great Frank Zander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTcwZ6gRXnQ

The TNMT movement was pretty cool in the 80's and 90's. They had everything from shoes which glowed in the dark to awesome foot tall action figures. I remember even playing the SNES games with family members and friends while eating pepperoni cheese pizza and sipping on cans of Pepsi (when Pepsi actually tasted like Pepsi).

I seem to recall Pizza Hut commercial featuring the TNMT as well. Something aboyt that time where they just fitted perfectly. I'm not sure the turtles will ever be as popular or make such a splash.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The TNMT movement was pretty cool in the 80's and 90's. They had everything from shoes which glowed in the dark to awesome foot tall action figures. I remember even playing the SNES games with family members and friends while eating pepperoni cheese pizza and sipping on cans of Pepsi (when Pepsi actually tasted like Pepsi).

I seem to recall Pizza Hut commercial featuring the TNMT as well. Something aboyt that time where they just fitted perfectly. I'm not sure the turtles will ever be as popular or make such a splash.

This isn't a movement, it's a commercial campaign ;)

• Like 3

Have you guys tasted the canned/glass bottled Throwback Pepsi yet?

It's the original Pepsi formula and it's so good!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 5 years later...
On 2/21/2018 at 11:12 PM, Achilles said:

Still doesn't take away from the fact that he was using the forums for what they are intended for.  If the information didn't readily present itself when he looked for it, there's no issue with him asking here.  If you took the time to come here and comment and found it to be an inconvenience then that's on you, you could have just ignored it.  It's not as if he obfuscated the subject matter with the title of the post.  Instead, you decided to enter the thread, read it, comment on it, leave, then come back, comment on it again and post a link.  Pretty counter-productive for someone miffed that it's been discussed before.