I'm kind of bored with long wall-of-text conversations with companions (and even more bored with fully voiced conversations, thanks to MA: Andromeda). So I'm looking forwards to using sidekicks.

If that's the case you should just use your own characters, because those hove no text...

If that's the case you should just use your own characters, because those hove no text...

Yeah, or the sidekicks, cause that's what they're for.

quality discussion ... reasonable forumgoers

You are not reasonable. You are just constantly repeating what you want. Achilles on the other hand just stated, that there are reasons for the sidekicks to be in the game and that they are alrerady in, so all that complaining is useless, especially as you didn't even play the ****ing game yet.

And guess what: Surprisingly other people want other things than you and guess what else: They will get them and you won't. Get over it!

Seriously: What's your problem guys? All that whining and nagging and "I want, I want, I want" that came to this forum in the last year or so. It is so incredibly annoying.

Edited by Lord_Mord

---

We're all doomed

You are not reasonable. You are just constantly repeating what you want. Achilles on the other hand just stated, that there are reasons for the sidekicks to be in the game and that they are alrerady in, so all that complaining is useless, especially as you didn't even play the ****ing game yet.

And guess what: Surprisingly other people want other things than you and guess what else: They will get them and you won't. Get over it!

Seriously: What's your problem guys? All that whining and nagging and "I want, I want, I want" that came to this forum in the last year or so. It is so incredibly annoying.

Quote the part where I was unreasonable.

Achilles did not 'just' state that there were reasons for sidekicks.  If he had, I would have had no problem with his post.

This is some Olympics-level spin you're trying to put on my post.

• Like 1

While Jaheira/Viconia just have romance related stuff outside their initial recruiting...

That's not true. Jaheira has this awesome quest in which she is cursed/poisoned and will actually die unless you resolve it in time. She also runs into more harpers and... There is more going on with her in this game than just a possible romance.

I think some people get confused by it since that/those quests tie very neatly into the romance, if you chose to take the romance route.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

That's not true. Jaheira has this awesome quest in which she is cursed/poisoned and will actually die unless you resolve it in time. She also runs into more harpers and... There is more going on with her in this game than just a possible romance.

To be fair, her quest was notoriously buggy so its quite possible for large portions of it to never fire. That said, it is indeed a good quest when it works (or is forced to through console commands).

To be fair, her quest was notoriously buggy so its quite possible for large portions of it to never fire. That said, it is indeed a good quest when it works (or is forced to through console commands).

Maybe in vanilla, but there were patches.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I'm kind of bored with long wall-of-text conversations with companions (and even more bored with fully voiced conversations, thanks to MA: Andromeda). So I'm looking forwards to using sidekicks.

I was some text. I want characters with voices to give them some personality.

I just don't want characters who ramble on about how their puppy died when they where 14 and how they now need to read a verse of poetry every day at exactly 12 minutes past noon whilst wearing a blue shawl with pink ribbons that their grandmother kitted as a blanket for the puppy, but was originally red until Uncle Silas fell into the threshing machine and had to....

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

While Jaheira/Viconia just have romance related stuff outside their initial recruiting...

I think some people get confused by it since that/those quests tie very neatly into the romance, if you chose to take the romance route.

I actually though it was a romance only quest (I only got it when I was romancing her from what I remember). Then she has as many quests as Mazzy's does if we include the intro.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I actually though it was a romance only quest (I only got it when I was romancing her from what I remember). Then she has as many quests as Mazzy's does if we include the intro.

The poison quest kicks in regardless. The others I'm not sure about, though I can see them working perfectly without romance, so I see no reason why they wouldn't fire if you don't romance her.

Sidekicks are in. None of us knows how much and what content they will have. Discussion is pointless.

We're all doomed!

Heh I'm not sure if it's intentional or not how similar to Xan you are!

I love it.

• Like 1

nowt

Heh I'm not sure if it's intentional or not how similar to Xan you are!

Let's say, I chose this picture for a reason. He's still my favorite video game character of all time. Unmodded of course. Leaves more room for imagination (Which actually brings us back to the topic, as I just realised). As a teenager I felt so understood by that guy.

Sometimes I talk like that on purpose, but mostly it's just me. I love the word pointless.

Edited by Lord_Mord
  • Like 2

---

We're all doomed

Xan is amazing. :thumbsup:

I'd be very, very happy if they managed to create a sidekick on the level of a Mazzy or an Edwin. Heck, I'd even be happy with a new Cernd. A few characterization hints go a long way.

Cernd? Really?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up Cernd as a memorable character from BG2. To each their own though. :)

Xan is amazing. :thumbsup:

I'd be very, very happy if they managed to create a sidekick on the level of a Mazzy or an Edwin. Heck, I'd even be happy with a new Cernd. A few characterization hints go a long way.

Cernd? Really?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone bring up Cernd as a memorable character from BG2. To each their own though. :)

I like him because is generally a nice guy and not a **** like the other Druid you get in the game.   Someone doesn't have to be over the top or a **** to be an interesting character.   =\  Also, despite shapeshifter limitations, I love the class, so naturally, he always ends up in my final party.

Cernd is okay, but kind of dull in my book. Him and Valygar on the same page.

I'd say Valygar is more interesting. I say this because I can, at least, remember his story quest (ancestor who's a necromancer in the planar sphere) but have basically no idea what Cernd's schtick was other than it was related to the shadow druids.

But it could be worse. Could be Haer'Dalis.  :)

You take that back! :lol:

• Like 2

I don't think I was ever requesting that sidekicks be taken out of the game, I was just trying to work out what their niche was. The more I read, the more I am beginning to see people who want companions-lite™ i.e. some banter with maybe a little backstory and a quest to obtain them but not much else. Cool, I get it now. Not for me, but at least I understand why some might like this kind of thing... Either way, no need to be so... Xan about it ;)

It’s not about “want” or “like”. This is what’s happening.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I wasn't aware anyone was trying to argue that it should or shouldn't be happening. Just what to do / how to build your party composition given that it *is* happening....

Person who misrepresents arguments complains that their arguments are being misrepresented.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."