Barbarian Wild Sprint = Swift?

dunehunter

Question

I wanna ask this question since beta1, but always forget to do so.

So Wild Sprint gives Nimble(+5 Dex, +100% Stride) and immune to Engagement.

Swift gives +5 Dex, +100% Stride and immune to Engagement.

So why make it so complicated to split Wild Sprint bonus into two? The only reason I can see here is to make Wild Sprint slight better than just pure Swift because the immune to engagement part cannot be encountered.

But anyway, this seems to be an oversight to me.

5 answers to this question

Yes and when I have analysed all the spells/abilities, I found illogical, a spell level 1 of wizard Fleet feet ( same Main bonus + no malus) was better than the mythical Deleterious alacrity of motion.

Swift (inspiration level 3 of dexterity) should be :

+5 Dex +100 % stride, immune to engagement  and +10 % speed attack.

Deleterious become more logical with this bonus. You have a malus but a real demarcation of fleet feet.

For your case, totally agree. It is weird.

Edited by theBalthazar

It's oversight. In my understanding any inspiration overrides an affliction in the same category, so there is no reason for it not to be Swift instead of Nimble.

Yes and when I have analysed all the spells/abilities, I found illogical, a spell level 1 of wizard Fleet feet ( same Main bonus + no malus) was better than the mythical Deleterious alacrity of motion.

Swift (inspiration level 3 of dexterity) should be :

+5 Dex +100 % stride, immune to engagement  and +10 % speed attack.

Deleterious become more logical with this bonus. You have a malus but a real demarcation of fleet feet.

For your case, totally agree. It is weird.

I think a better fix would be to have Fleet Feet grant no dex inspiration and only give a boost to movement and remove the DoT from DAoM. That'd put FF inline with PoE and remove the malus from DAoM to account for the less effective bonus.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It's oversight. In my understanding any inspiration overrides an affliction in the same category, so there is no reason for it not to be Swift instead of Nimble.

There is one minor difference.

Imagine that Barbarian is affected by dex affliction. Now:

v1. if Wild Sprint gives Swift -> using this ability will only cancel the current affliction.

v2. if Wild Sprint gives Nimble + ImmToEngagement -> using this ability will cancel the current affliction, but will also give you ImmToEngagement anyway.

Dunno though if the current state is intended or not.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1