Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part 2

I'll miss the dungeons. :bat:

jail.jpg

we got a problem with a ship's brig.  sure, we had a dungeon in caed nua, so it would make sense to have a ship's brig.  unfortunate, given the nautical and pirate elements o' deadfire, am thinking it would be criminal o' obsidian to fail in providing walk-the-plank and/or keelhaul alternatives to a brig... and sadly, am realizing how plank and keelhaul options would result in our brig being perpetual empty.  why would we ever throw a scallywag in the brig when we could have 'em be keelhauled? perhaps eaten by sharks or some such after a long walk on a short plank? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QtZHQ2WuBY

*sigh*

brig would be pointless.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^You could keep them in the brig until it's time to go Kraken fishing :alienani:

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

she must be beside herself with glee, and no more restless legs for her!

I dunno, wasn't her whole shtick that she was in love with Caed Nua, the castle she spent much of her life building? If that's the case I imagine she'd be severely depressed that it has been destroyed and that she has been taken away from the ruins thus robbing her of any chance to repair it.

I guess she's just happy that the Watcher doesn't rub the back of his head against her eyeballs while finding a comfortable position anymore. It's the simple things...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

By the way: I always found it kind of odd that I was sitting on the lap of my steward in Caed Nua...

First time I met the Steward I climbed into her lap and started listing off what I wanted for Christmas. Felt natural to me.  :shifty:

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 5

I can't help it if your Watcher doesn't have basic hygiene. Mine washes and conditions their hair daily.

I was trying to be nice: washed and dried hair is even more itchy!

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Eh? Until you find the first inn or similar. That shouldn't be too long.

That took awhile in the first game. Fortunately I was somehow aware of that problem and plotted my head canon around it.

A while? It's right after the "tutorial" part in Gilded Vale.

Some people might I've gotten lost between that two maps you are forced to go through to get there...lol

edit:

It's probably more that people didn't realize they could hire them at the Black Hound and might not have had the money at the start.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Casual don't know the thing. First time I play the game, I found only aloth easily. Others members are more... here and here. It is easy to miss and arrive to caed nua only with 2 characters (you and Aloth).

Now, I go immediatly found all my companion BEFORE^^ start quests.

Casual don't know the thing. First time I play the game, I found only aloth easily. Others members are more... here and here. It is easy to miss and arrive to caed nua only with 2 characters (you and Aloth).

Now, I go immediatly found all my companion BEFORE^^ start quests.

No offense, but I find this impressive. The other three are the only NPCs up to that point that have voiced dialog that speak directly too you without going into 'we're talking now and everything freezes' mode.

• Like 1

Eh? Until you find the first inn or similar. That shouldn't be too long.

That took awhile in the first game. Fortunately I was somehow aware of that problem and plotted my head canon around it.

dunno.  first inn is on second world map location following the tutorial... which makes it darn early.

however, we will note how being able to afford more than a single poe hireling 'pon reaching the first inn were prohibitive.  also, the experience penalty for hirelings is curious; am encouraged to acquire hirelings asap so as to keep penalty small as possible, but lagging a single level is most significant at low levels. the difference in powha o' a 3rd level whatever v. a 4th level whatever is typical greater than the difference 'tween a 10th level character and one who has attained 11th level.  

even so, we never found the hireling situation to be particular cumbersome, and clear not too temporal remote.  however, for folks wanting to go full hireling party, such were not practical possible 'pon reaching the first inn save through cheats n' such. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps as for companions becoming available, one wonders how obsidian measures time... and am gonna note how for a game which could last tens o' hours, "first third" could be disheartening.  saw more than a few folks with +60 hours for a poe run.  so potential +20 hours before getting access to all companions?   am not certain such a time frame is encouraging. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I think to me its important to be able to grab desired companion early on, if I know where to find him/her. The fact that they are available in ACT1 should be enough - after all we are free to travel. Dumping them all at once, might be... odd.