Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers, part 2

I think this interview spoil one of the romance options, at the very end.

Not reading the interview then (and don't you dare spoil anything here, ye basterds).

It's the very last question of it.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Not reading the interview then (and don't you dare spoil anything here, ye basterds).

It's the very last question of it.

Not gonna even open it. Nope. I know me, and i know that i have an awful habit of spoiling **** for myself.

Not falling for it. Nope.

• Like 1

If you’ve been keeping up on other interviews, the “spoiler” isn’t anything you haven’t figured out already.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The PoE manual is pretty clear that cleric spells do not come from deities, so a faithless clerics do not lose their spells.

Not that a character would need to have spells to be an antagonist. Nor indeed, be alive.

But Durance himself says he is going to stay devoted to Magran until after you defeat Thaos so he can keep his powers and denounce her and start his quest for revenge later.

• Like 1

If you’ve been keeping up on other interviews, the “spoiler” isn’t anything you haven’t figured out already.

Good thing i wasn't keeping up with the interviews.

I'm already getting the game, it's not like they're going to change my mind about it.

• Like 1

Well, since we know that companion relationships include possible romance, and we know who the companions are, I don’t know that there’s much of spoiler here.

• Like 1

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Who'd have thought Durance was returning as an Orlan Eothasian Priest.

FTFY Edited by Achilles
  • Like 1

Yeah, Sawyer already alluded to this. The writer of the spoiled companion actually posted some romantic fan art way back. Previously I had assumed this character had the highest chance of being gay out of the 4 male companions. Now I think he might be bisexual or straight. Otherwise he probably wouldn't be used as romance in PR.

Yeah, Sawyer already alluded to this. The writer of the spoiled companion actually posted some romantic fan art way back. Previously I had assumed this character had the highest chance of being gay out of the 4 male companions. Now I think he might be bisexual or straight. Otherwise he probably wouldn't be used as romance in PR.

Josh said in the interview that companion swings both ways

Based on that Josh game informer interview, I had a feeling that character was romancable.  And with that character's line a work and "reputation" around Netaka, I think it makes sense for that character to goes both ways.

Edited by bonarbill

Don't you want to know who is and isn't romanceable before you start the game, so you can prepare a party?

I definitely do; I feel like I'm wasting my time otherwise. However, I also want to play the game as soon as it's released, so.... no romance on my first playthrough! Serious rogue-god-related business only.

No, Aloth, you're still never leaving the party, romanceable or no. Get back in line or I'll draw smiley faces on your grimoire.

Slow looks useful, and fastest made that smack-down look like it really hurt lol.

Something for everyone in that range I think.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Honestly if you play on anything other than max speed without pausing you're a casul.

That'll be the newest 'achievement' on Steam: Triple Crown Solo on max-speed, no pausing.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Josh said in the interview that companion swings both ways

He did? I was thinking of the Gameinformer interview a month ago. I didn't see anything specific there.

Based on that Josh game informer interview, I had a feeling that character was romancable.  And with that character's line a work and "reputation" around Netaka, I think it makes sense for that character to goes both ways.

Because he was described as self-absorbed, possibly promiscuous artist?

Who knows, maybe the ship's crew is romanceable too. There should be enough options for everyone:

https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Companions

Romance was described to be part of the relationship system which was for companions only. And about 2 months ago Sawyer wrote on tumblr "Among our companions, we have men who are attracted to men and women who are attracted to women." Unless the definition of companions has changed neither sidekicks nor crew should count towards them.