Animation for holding greatsword in DF

dunehunter

I loathe Pathfinder and everything it stands for, but the screenshots and gifs don't look half bad. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll avoid being an eyesore as magic items pile up. This game might be worth checking out if it doesn't stay faithful to PF rules.

I'm playing DOS2 right now and my feelings are mixed. I was put off by it before getting it, then I decided to give it a shot. I was positively surprised at first, but by now the intense gear treadmill has got on my nerves. And it turns out that the intricate magic system and environmental effects can't keep up with the number bloat, which is best dealt with using overwhelming physical damage. It's also unfortunate that for game otherwise so creative, physical weapons are so restricted and without variety, in stark contrast to PIllars.

Edited by MortyTheGobbo

Hm, you brought my attention to that game. I saw a video about character equipment now and I must say it all looks pretty nice.

And it has 6 party characters so.. :p.

On a serious note.. the UI design is really beautiful. The spells/skills icon they look just awesome. But gameplay art it's no match for Deadfire. Only thing i hope they improved would be their in game visuals. I didn't get to back the game but i'll definitely buy it when it's out.

And sorry for off-topic.. i couldn't find the fire monk build in poe builds. can you point me to it? need to continue with it :D

Edited by Archaven

The style itself is not very appealing to me (to much Torchlight vibe) but their system of showing every item that you equip on your ingame model is great (even including potions in your belt). Also all the different shapes you char can have (heavy frame, thin, muscular and so on) - and the equipment fits nonetheless. Nice system they have there.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It doesn't look like they're copying the actual rules, though, which would indeed be hilariously terrible. What I've seen suggests they're trying to recreate Pathfinder's options and style in a cRPG. Which... is still potentially bad, because Pathfinder is Pathfinder, but at least they're not straight-up porting the rules.

Pathfinder looks great in all but using the Pathfinder (or DnD 3.5) system. These. Systems. Translate. Bad. In. Computer. Games, goddammit!

Temple of Elemental Evil wants a word.

I started and quit that game 4 times. In addition, it had bad interface too.

When I say that they don't translate well, I mean that they use 20-sided dice roll to resolve stuff which is bad for modern standards. Rolling a dice on your own is great, it has tension and it makes sense in a tabletop environment. Video games must be video games. Pillars is a great example of how to depart from that mentality. Dragon Age too and basically every other computer game that doesn't use board game rules :)

• Like 2

ToEE was a buggy mess with a rambling, incoherent plot, riddled with imbalance. I honestly don't know what the appeal is, unless you really like 3.5 D&D rules and can't get enough of them. Tabletop rules just don't translate well into an environment where there's no GM, no players and anything that happens has to be scripted.