Animation for holding greatsword in DF

dunehunter

How do you like the animation of characters when u holding a big sword? I uploaded two pics, one in DF one in DOS2, which one do u like better?

Personally I feel that the animation in DOS2 is cooler and the DF one is a bit awkward...

OD9IBtu.png  400px-DivinityOriginalSin2Knight.jpg

Edited by dunehunter

Animations in PoE aren’t perfect (hands could rest much better on a handle) but more on a technical side, rateher than stylistic.

D:OS2 has a completely different style, with cartoonish characters, and exaggerated animations. They are satisfying, and arguably a better choice of an top down RPG, as you can easier recognise characters, weapons, and moves, but not something Deadfire is aiming for. While in OS any kind of logic is thrown out of a window, those odd poses, and moves would be jarring. Even abilities such as leap stick out. Apparently two handers are really really heavy.

The DOS animation might be 'cooler' but Deadfire animation is much more practical, so i prefer the Deadfire animation.

tag.jpg

To me, a lot of the animations in Divinity feel a bit too much like "cool, edgy anime poses"

Yeah I'm pretty sure the DF team refer the animation of swordman based on real life, and is more practical. But well this is a fantasy game so I'd like to see stylish than practical on animation :p

The DOS animation might be 'cooler' but Deadfire animation is much more practical, so i prefer the Deadfire animation.

To me, a lot of the animations in Divinity feel a bit too much like "cool, edgy anime poses"

Yeah I'm pretty sure the DF team refer the animation of swordman based on real life, and is more practical. But well this is a fantasy game so I'd like to see stylish than practical on animation :p

Fair enough, to each his own.

I prefer more grounded settings myself.

• Like 4

Same argument could be made in favour of a boob armor. There is no mention in PoE as of yet, of a metal that would be lighter than its real life counterparts, making Deadifre's fantastical setting irrelevant. There are better uses for the "fantasy" setting than explaining why a guy can use a two handed sword like a fishing rod. 

Same argument could be made in favour of a boob armor. There is no mention in PoE as of yet, of a metal that would be lighter than its real life counterparts, making Deadifre's fantastical setting irrelevant. There are better uses for the "fantasy" setting than explaining why a guy can use a two handed sword like a fishing rod. 

Why are you bringing up boob armour?

Don't go down that road!

Also, doing something 'because it's cool' is dumb. And you're all stupid for saying it!

Edited by daven
  • Like 4

nowt

tyranny females held two handlers above the head

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Warrior types in Pillars frequently do things which shouldn't be possible in real life, especially as you reach higher levels. This doesn't necessarily imply a stylized and unrealistic aesthetic. And I like that Pillars doesn't fall into the trap of treating two-handed weapons as heavy, which is a misconception fantasy embraces way too often.

• Like 2

Hm, you brought my attention to that game. I saw a video about character equipment now and I must say it all looks pretty nice.

DoS2 was indisputably the most talked about fantasy rpg in the past couple of months I can't believe anybody who enjoys rpgs hasn't heard about it by now already o_O

Dude... I meant Pathfinder Kingmaker.

I backed Original Sin 2, played it for a little while and I absolutely hate it. :)

Speaking of D:OS2 - maybe someone could give an advice:

I am currently wrapping up Driftwood and it’s remaining areas - only Bloodmoom Island remained. I am forcing my way through OS2 for completion sake - how much more there is after that? I read somewhere that end content is level 20, and I am about level 15, but I know that there are entirely two new areas to deal with. Are they much smaller than Driftwood map?

I backed Original Sin 2, played it for a little while and I absolutely hate it. :)

I am currently wrapping up Driftwood and it’s remaining areas - only Bloodmoom Island remained. I am forcing my way through OS2 for completion sake - how much more there is after that? I read somewhere that end content is level 20, and I am about level 15, but I know that there are entirely two new areas to deal with. Are they much smaller than Driftwood map?

There's A LOT after that. Your're 50% in. :)

Or maybe 60%. Next area is relatively small, the last one is quite big and then there's final dungeon and outro.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Uhh. Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. I will try to go on, but I might give up on it.

Uhh. Thanks. That’s what I was afraid of. I will try to go on, but I might give up on it.

It's a very long game. If you didn't like it up to now better nor waste more time on it.

It's a very long game. If you didn't like it up to now better nor waste more time on it.

Yeah, if you didn't like the first 2 chapters, you won't like the rest, because it doesn't really get better (in fact the first 2 chapters are probably the best part of the game and it does go downhill after that).