Eder as a surfer, Shame or Glory critting for 75+ and the Fir Myrth chant

So I have this build with Eder, could be a Fighter or anyone duel wielding and I am duel wielding Sabres of the Seas (Hel Wax mold, probably not the best use but its fun) + Swaddling sheet with Eder, he gets three Overwhelming waves per encounter its devastating when he gets all three procs lol (maybe this could be a thematic build with White Crest Armor).  Plus I have a druid and Kana with White Crest armor in the group so I have the power of the seas at my hands...a lot! lol

I never really used the fire lash enchant for Chanters but I decided to use it this time around instead of just dragon thrashed, dragon wailed and man that lash kicks butt.  I usually do not waste Flames of Devotion on support one handers but I just used it to fire off the deflection buff it gives as I have the upgrade with my Shieldbearer....and with the the chanter fire buff it has crit medium DR targets for 75+ lmao thats not bad for a one hander.  My Paladin also has Scion of Flame and Intense Flames so that helps.

PS obviously Flames of Devotion Arbalest shots with all these upgrades are brutal. 

Anyway I thought I would share as I have some fun with these synergies.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

So I have this build with Eder, could be a Fighter or anyone duel wielding and I am duel wielding Sabres of the Seas (Hel Wax mold, probably not the best use but its fun) + Swaddling sheet with Eder, he gets three Overwhelming waves per encounter its devastating when he gets all three procs lol (maybe this could be a thematic build with White Crest Armor).  Plus I have a druid and Kana with White Crest armor in the group so I have the power of the seas at my hands...a lot! lol

Its even better on Rogue thanks to Deep Wounds and Deathblows. I've a good time playing a pirate themed rogue using Quick Switch (triple gun x  Runner's Wounding Shot and Sap) and wielding those two babies at the moment. Arrr arrr....

• Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

It's def. the better option if your chanter has lowish MIG and/or PER.

But on a high level chanter with high MIG/INT/PER I think Mith Fyr cannot reach the damage output of Dragon Thrashed - even if you have a very offensive party. Reason is the Mith Fyr can't be stacked with itself so you need a phrase in between while Dragon Thrashed can be stacked thrice with enough INT, and Brisk Recitation. And it can crit as well. That's on PotD with its more numerous enemies. On lower difficulties this may be different.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ya right now I’m in between a Golden Dragon tank and a dragon thrashed tank, competing for the last spot in my crew. The other 5 are, Quick switch Paladin tank, Duel Wield Fighter, storm tank, Blight Wizard and Buff priest.

What do you guys think?

Have gun will travel.

Hm... Chanter need less attention. And since you have some micro already (switching, casting with 3 characters)... I would pick Chanter I guess.

Also combo with Withdraw on Chanter and switching to a single weapon for +12 ACC is just too good. 

• Like 1

It actually reminds me of an old build of mine, that was built around the high Accuracy from Disciplined Barrage and uses of spellbind items.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91836-class-build-the-unstoppable-wave-siege-breaker-fighter/

I had a lot of fun with him, but it would have worked even better with this new saber ! Maybe less damage than with twin Bittercut, but casting 3 waves per combat +1 per rest with +20Acc would have been priceless !

One might mix Bittercut with Saber of the Sea in order to spare Helwax Mold.

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

Its even better on Rogue thanks to Deep Wounds and Deathblows. I've a good time playing a pirate themed rogue using Quick Switch (triple gun x  Runaccuraner's Wounding Shot and Sap) and wielding those two babies at the moment. Arrr arrr....

I'm not convined that +20Acc from disciplined barrage isn't better than deathblow in this circunstance.

Crowd Control with crazy acuracy is great, even if is worse for the damage part.

By the way, do saber of the sea's wave hurt your party (like white crest's) or not (like swadding sheet) ?

I guess it's foe only because you can't control when it goes off. Usually that type of spell holding or spell striking "transforms" spells into foe only versions in PoE.

By the way: the rogue not only can use Deathblows with Overbearing Wave but also Deep Wounds (because it's crush damage).

Edited by Boeroer