Beta Speed Mod

MaxQuest

below is a MSG i sent to MaxQuest but I also want to post it here in the thread in case anyone else can help me figure out what to change.

Ok what I want to do is slow combat down and I mean make recovery for melee and ranged take as long to recover as the betas default recovery times for spell casting...

did play Tyranny>> if so, ten thats the speed i want.

anyway i wanted to ask where should i begin: so far i have had success changing the speedmod files easily via hex editor, and also i have managed to change the files inside gamedata/exported, for example for quick test i canged BasePistol distance to 4 instead of value 8.

easy peasy.

One idea I first had for slowing down all actions was simply increasing recovery vale on ARMOR, but no luck there same procedure as wen i chanuged Range of pistol this time changed mail_armor (every single one of them) recovery value (it is by default 0.741) but for some reason in-game it did not show a change.

Then I thought maybe i need to change the statuseffects file since a lot of this stuff gets applied as a status effect and anyhoo this leads me to askig you for help:

i dont want a slow mode, i want long ass recov timers after any attack or spell casting just like in Tyranny, what do change and where>> i appreciate so much any answer.

Oh i also tried switching the recovery IDs and cast time IDs around giving everything the ID from the VERY SLOW entries just for test purposes but no luck no changes in-game.

• Like 1

btw rooting around in the files i realized that it is possible to swap around / replace visual FX of every single thing.

POE 1 and POE 2 are eye-cancer during big combats so much crap flyig around impossible to appreciate anything whatsoever i am thinking i will start doing trial-and-error swapping around of the visual fx entries that link to the prefabs or whatever and see if the game doesnt freak out.

perhaps a solution can be as simple as exporting somehow the visual fx objects/prefabs/etc, and in MS Paint or better (heh i joke) blacking everything out nukig the alpha channels etc then putting it back into the game who knows!

anyway i wanted to ask where should i begin: so far i have had success changing the speedmod files easily via hex editor, and also i have managed to change the files inside gamedata/exported, for example for quick test i canged BasePistol distance to 4 instead of value 8.

First I'd recomend simple notepad instead of hex editor for editing gamedatabundles.

Or even better notepad++, sublime, atom, or whatever text-editor with json syntax highlighting you like)

Second you can find:

- recovery time categories in bb_attacks

- casting time categories in bb_abilities

i dont want a slow mode, i want long ass recov timers after any attack or spell casting just like in Tyranny, what do change and where>> i appreciate so much any answer.

You can pick a desired recovery_category, let's say Recovery_Average, and just change it's component duration to the value you want.

At the moment:

- fast melee weapons use Recovery_Fast

- slow melee weapons use Recovery_Average

Do not editing these durations will also affect ALL spells that have these recovery categories.

A big note: you can find what categories a spell uses by it's CastSpeedID and RecoveryTimeID

For example you inspect Wild_Leech_Target and see that it has RecoveryTimeID: 9d15e1c1-c6e1-4b25-bc1d-bf3707f6f534, and if you will look at categories IDs, this one corresponds to "ID" Recovery_Fast.

Oh i also tried switching the recovery IDs and cast time IDs around giving everything the ID from the VERY SLOW entries just for test purposes but no luck no changes in-game.

Note: do not mix AttackVariationIDs, CastSpeedIDs and RecoveryTimeIDs.

P.S. My understanding is that you need a global, rather than individual change. In this case you don't need to edit individual spells and weapons, but only the categories themselves. Make a search for following $type:

- Game.GameData.RecoveryTimeGameData

- Game.GameData.CastSpeedGameData

they should be at the begining of the respective (bb_attacks and bb_abilities) files.

yeah i had already spotted those but i probably mishandled them.

thank you for the heads up: btw, i am using a hex editor to edit these files what program should i be using instead

edit: never mind, trust me i am much more comfortable hex editing than using notepad. dont worry on that front :)

Edited by aweigh0101

i would like to double existing recovery time for all melee weapons and ranged weaponry (though for those i suppose it wouuld mean double the reload time)

If you are ok with increasing recovery times of spells as well, just change the mentioned recovery categories.

If not: you'll have to decouple categories used for weapons from spells. This means that you would have to create your own custom categories. For example take:

{
	"$type": "Game.GameData.RecoveryTimeGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
	"DebugName": "Recovery_Average",
	"ID": "566840d9-1561-4243-8ca7-889df9869847",
	"Components": [
		{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.RecoveryTimeComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
			"DisplayName": 1475,
			"Duration": 3
		}
	]
},
copy it, generate new unique ID (link) and (optionally) give new DebugName:

{
	"$type": "Game.GameData.RecoveryTimeGameData, Assembly-CSharp",
	"DebugName": "Weapon_Recovery_Average",
	"ID": "c16e417f-c01c-4272-9f27-6d227db74f4f",
	"Components": [
		{
			"$type": "Game.GameData.RecoveryTimeComponent, Assembly-CSharp",
			"DisplayName": 1475,
			"Duration": 6
		}
	]
},
Now iterate through all weapons, and substitute their RecoveryTimeId 566840d9-1561-4243-8ca7-889df9869847 for c16e417f-c01c-4272-9f27-6d227db74f4f.

Now repeat for other categories.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

thanks man! i think im going to end up doing exactly that. it was always my fancy to mod POE 1, now i am going to spend more time tweakig values tan playing the game probably.

i want to eventually make an overhaul of all weapons values as poe2 (carryig over from poe1) has a lot of weapons and armor and yet there is always a lot that simply goes unused because there is no reason to use them.

the modals in poe2 beta were a step in the right direction but i think they should have just gone ahead and really poured some love into the itemization.

for example why exactly does a Spear NOT have some bit of REACH>> it is a mystery.

Why are sabres king>> another myster. historically they were just cavalry swords, not any better or worse than countless others.

is it possible to change a melee weapon to shoot a projectile, ie copy paste the data from something like a wand and place it in the entry for base dagger (just an example); have your character throw the goddamn thing since there is even a freaking talent in poe1 for knife-throwing!

not sayig this is the kind of stuff i would change (i have no interest in making throwing daggers) just saying poe itemization leaves a lot to be desired.

but more than the weapons themselves the real sadness is the armors. it is even WORSE now than in poe1! in poe1 everybody always used FULL PLATE, or leather or Scale perhaps one of the many custom Breastplates.

now in poe2 it looks like while not necessarily PLATE all around again instead simply whatever has highest Armor Rating since the Pen system is so linear.

We need to give the armor pieces some personality, or at the very least go thru em and give a lot of armor pieces some ability or talent or something.

remember how in ToEE (I think it was ToEE, perhaps baldurs gate helmets helped protect against critical hits by default, perhaps a simple solution would be:

give some armors built-in protection from stuff like Knockout Injuries and from traps. Fire trap should roast someone encasted in metal but someone in leather would escape much better!

i will have to go through all of the spells though and decrease their casting times unfortunately.

OR alternatively as I mentioned in that video (linked above in my post) the real secret-sauce would be to increase by a few numbers the multiplier that makes DEXTERITY speed up casting.

Its somehere in the global file I believe.

i will have to go through all of the spells though and decrease their casting times unfortunately.

There are around 1k abilities there. It's easier to iterate through weapons, and change their recovery categories instead.

Btw, I have decoupled the categories of melee weapons from spells in the new update (below). In it you can modify Weapon_Recovery_Fast, Weapon_Recovery_Average without these changes affecting any of spells)

Have updated BetaBalanceMod a bit.

You can check the changelog (v2 => v3) below:

• General
    • Stun affliction: increased deflection malus from -10 to -20
  • Weapons
    • Increased range of spears to 1.3m
    • Increased penetration of stilettos from 7 to 8
    • Adjusted damage values of all melee weapons types (including summoned melee weapons) to match the new recovery times, taking into account dps vs primary vs full attack situations:

(here is the related post with calculations)

aDqVdXQ.png

• Cipher
    • Whisper of Treason - duration reduced further from 20s to 12s to 10s
    • Mental Binding - base paralyze duration increased from 6s to 8s
  • Wizard
    • Fireball - still experimenting. This time: fireball gets +20 acc bonus, but can no longer crit. (The difference between graze and overpen crit is too big, still looking for ways to make it more... consistent and reliable)
Download link: new v3

How to install:

- go to <Pillars>/PillarsOfEternity2_Data/override/ folder

- delete BetaSpeedModV2 or BetaBalanceModV2

- copy BetaSpeedModV3 contained in the zip file

- you will want to have the following path: <Pillars>/PillarsOfEternity2_Data/override/BetaBalanceModV3/gamedata/

P.S. Am thinking about iterating through ranged weapons, druid claws and priest spells next.

P.P.S. And again: the general idea behind these mods:

- BetaSpeedMod - just to provide a general look at environment where majority of spells are faster to cast (especially summoned weapons, situational spells and cipher powers). Also weapons do have a slightly faster recovery as well.

- BetaBalanceMod - is an ongoing effort to come with a set of changes (done over beta3), compile the full list, and present it as assorted feedback in the form of "these feel good")

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 5

I really hope the guys at Obsidian are still following this. :)

Actually they are spending backer's money in a nearest pub, while seducing Katrina. 

In a week or so, they check forum for a backers solution. :D

Edited by gGeorg

Since her husband might smack them in the face with some "Knuckles of the Wrathful" inspiration I guess.

Also being rel. freshly married is a form of mild resistance that turns down the seduced affliction to the "wanne be friends?" affliction. You'd have to apply "fatally attracted" in order to achieve seduction.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Great news guys :)

Source

gtk5Mtj.png

Am really glad that ciphers are getting closer to their swifty playstyle like in PoE1, and are more apt at protecting party backline.

Must note that it's also an interesting remark about summoned weapons. Josh refers to these weapons as ludicrously powerful.

Probably I am missing something, or maybe ex-vancian casters are getting some really strong martial-oriented buffs in the full game. But here are a few thoughts on the current weapons:

- Opportunity cost - if we build a character around a summoned weapon it means we have to take a wizard/priest/druid class in the first place. Even if we multi-class, it cuts us from getting the passives of two martial classes, like in devout/berserker case, assassin/devout, and so on.

- Dedication cost - if a wizard/priest/druid spent time on summoning a weapon he wants to stick with auto-attacking to make the most of it; and loses part of his versatility. Especially if he also taken a few purely phys-dps passives from other class he multi-classed into. Because they would be rendered useless if he would switch to spell-casting.

- Spellusage and ability point cost.

- Druid using firebrand doesn't use spiritshift for damage, and it makes his class passives kind of moot.

And now a few weapons I have played with:

- Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff - is basically a mundane quarterstaff, but with draining. A character could multi-class in devout instead and get better dps (with a regular quarterstaff + fighter abilities) and also healing from Veteran's Recovery.

- Firebrand - also has the stats of mundane great sword; no special procs; the only difference is that it is fire/piercing instead of slash/piercing. It hardly provides a dps increase worthy of those listed costs above. Must note: I really liked (and probably am not alone at this) that Firebrand in PoE1 was unique via having a higher base damage. It allowed for creation of new, unique even if situational builds. And it's great when a few spells enable a new way to play the class.

- Spiritual Great Sword - the main attractive part of this weapon is the sweet and big lash damage attached to it. But assuming there will actually be possibility to enchant some regular weapons even with a 25% lash, Spiritual Sword is in now way overpowered because crudely speaking: 60% - costs ~= 25%. Again imagine a priest-devout with Spiritual Great Sword vs rogue-devout with a Mundane but enchanted Great Sword.

- Citzal Spirit Lance (and Kalakoth's Minor Blights) - now we talking. These are indeed powerful weapons, but when compared to the aoe spells a wizard could cast instead, their strongest part is actually their ability to affect not only the main target but also all enemies around it, from: a). focus generation point of view, b). delivery of onHit and onCrit effects (although yes, unlike with carnage this is limited only to talent passives, and is not limiting weapon design), c). and interaction with Swift Flurry and Cleave (but have to note here: the Swift Flurry recursion is dangerous from balance point of view per-se; and it's not really blast's fault)

TL.DR:

- Parasitic Staff and Firebrand might want a unique buff to justify the new 3s casting duration

- Spiritual Weapons are fine

- And Citzal/Kalakoth's Minor Blights would be fine too, if: 1). Swift Flurry is no longer recursive; and 2). Cleave is triggered only by weapon attacks (but not blast)

gbhnbUc.png

That's actually a huge change. And it heavily changes the approach to balancing of cipher powers.

For example:

- if focus gain is low; and thus focus is scarce and very valuable, higher-costed powers would have to be way more powerful than the rank 1 ones, because cipher spent n times more time to build the required focus.

- if focus gain is high; the difference between higher-costed powers and rank-1 stuff can be narrower. E.g. a cipher has 70 focus and can cast charm for 10 or dominate for 30. He will likely choose the second option because he can easier afford it. Looking at the effects/damage values of current cipher powers, this looks like a more fitting approach.

I hope doubling the focus gain itself is just right and not too much. As the intention was to make ciphers quick, and if some party-member was jumped by an enemy, to be able to promptly react (specifically via WoT and Mental Binding). And short durations in themselves allow for more time spent on focus building. (on the other hand we could get both Bitting and Draining Whips in PoE1 and the focus gain was 0.35*1.33 = 0.465, so the new 0.5 is really close to it)

In either case am excited and can't wait to playtest it))

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 6

@Max

plase one last question: I really want to give the PoE 2 backer beta Shields a MODAL which allows the shields to BASH, and/or a MODAL which gives the shield a chance to activate a type of bashing or ANY OTHER SORT of push or otherwise usig the shield to impact the enemy

After looking over the 3 modals (binding block for SMALL SHIELDS) followed by the simple BLOCK ATTACK by MEDIUM Shields and lastly the (imo actually very CREATIVE) Large Shield modal which ok everyone hre knows what these do....

Now going back to the modal for the SMALL SHIELD it says that when activated by the player immediately the Small Shield will gain a 30-33% chance to trigger an ACCURACY BONUS which it will then basically transfer over to the characters NEXT ENSUING TURN/ACTION.

SIMPLY PUJT:

Small Shield modal, hen activated, gives the Small Shield a determined range of probability of success which depends on if an enemy MISSES.

If an enemy attacks the char using small shield modal + weapon, AND MISSES !!!!, then the Small Shield has a CHANCE to trigger an Accuracy bonus for the next attack done by the character.

Yes it ****i sucks! Unluess it scales in some way but THAT DOESNT MATTER: I want to replace the property of the Small Shield Modal which gives the Accuracy bonus with the one from CROSSBOWS which gives interference!!!!!!!!!!!

Help please :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Max

Overkill/Underkill seems to be the two side of same case. But let's use an extreme case.

Weapon A does 50 damage in 50 second. Another weapon B does 1 damage per second. It's obvious that weapon A will overkill/underkill more easily than B. So I'd say 2H weapon cause overkill/underkill more easily than DW fast weapon.

Valid point. The selected granularity difference is much bigger than between 2H and 1H_FAST weapons, but your example helped me understand how to compute the average dps loss from overkill. It's actually simple :) :

avg_overkill = avg_dmg / 2
avg_overkill_dps_loss = 100% * avg_overkill / enemy_hp

And concrete examples:
v1: hp = 141 (grubs)
2H: 18-23 -> avg = 20.5 -> avg_overkill = 10.25 -> avg_overkill_dps_loss = 7.2%
1H_FAST: 8-9 -> avg = 8.5 -> avg_overkill = 4.25 -> avg_overkill_dps_loss = 3.0%

v2: hp = 638 (titan)
2H: 18-23 -> avg = 20.5 -> avg_overkill = 10.25 -> avg_overkill_dps_loss = 1.6%
1H_FAST: 8-9 -> avg = 8.5 -> avg_overkill = 4.25 -> avg_overkill_dps_loss = 0.066%

Conclusion: 2H weapons lose on average ~4% more dps due to overkill than 1H_FAST weapons.

Edited by aweigh0101

Great news guys :)

Source

Max for president.

Thank you man.

add

"Cipher bonus dmg gain lowered"

Cipher dmg bonus(es) (whip) might go low, this way. So multiclass martial art + cipher will not get to much extra dmg.

Also, that way Cipher will be more about support + control than killing.

Edited by gGeorg
  • Like 1

plase one last question: I really want to give the PoE 2 backer beta Shields a MODAL which allows the shields to BASH, and/or a MODAL which gives the shield a chance to activate a type of bashing or ANY OTHER SORT of push or otherwise usig the shield to impact the enemy

I have a feeling that this goes beyond simple .gamedatabundle editing.

Maybe the next backer's beta will introduce some bashing shields. This will open up the possibility to check if their property can be copied to the small shield modal.

Yes it ****i sucks! Unluess it scales in some way but THAT DOESNT MATTER: I want to replace the property of the Small Shield Modal which gives the Accuracy bonus with the one from CROSSBOWS which gives interference!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually fiddle with game files on weekend, as have little free time do so during the week. But can give a few pointers.

Search bb_attacks for Crossbow's modal: Crossbow_Interrupting_Shot_Ranged, note down it's ID, and search all gamedatabundles for where it is used. Than do the same for the modal of small shield (don't know it's DebugName though). Once you've found the ability/effect that uses the ID of small_shield_modal, substitute it with ID from Crossbow_Interrupting_Shot_Ranged. And hopefully (if the effect is attached to character and not weapon attack itself) it will work as you want)

• Like 1

hehe max i actually did do that alrady and in-game the modal completely disappeared along with all the damage and other numerical values for a bunch of items

LOL

however i will do this again bcause i am almost certain that that happened because i was less familiar with these files, and i guarantee i probably, copied pasted or put somthing over something i shouldnt

will report back if it works this time (and it should i dont really see why not)

- Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff - is basically a mundane quarterstaff, but with draining. A character could multi-class in devout instead and get better dps (with a regular quarterstaff + fighter abilities) and also healing from Veteran's Recovery.

- Firebrand - also has the stats of mundane great sword; no special procs; the only difference is that it is fire/piercing instead of slash/piercing. It hardly provides a dps increase worthy of those listed costs above. Must note: I really liked (and probably am not alone at this) that Firebrand in PoE1 was unique via having a higher base damage. It allowed for creation of new, unique even if situational builds. And it's great when a few spells enable a new way to play the class.

Actually in PoE all two handed summoned weapomns (the parasitic staff as well as Firebrand, Spirit Lance and also the Warding Staff) have 25 avg. base damage (20-30 base). Firebrand is special in terms of damage because it also is Annihilating (which works very well with such high base damage, adding 25 damage on crit) AND Damaging III (same thing basically). Parasitic Staff is also very good because the exceptional enchantment adds 30% damage and more hits/crits and Spirit Lance is even superb and has speed.

All those have very short casting times. So all in all the summoned weapons in Deadfire are a lot weaker than in PoE. Maybe they have to be because of multiclassing. You can see the effects of a powerful summoned weapon on a martial class with Firebrand + Barb or Rogue in PoE.

But that doesn't explain why Firebrand and Parasitic Staff are basically standard weapons that you can summon while the spiritual weapons have such an awesome buff (ignoring he shorter duration for now).

Since staff and spiritual weapon have at least something unique (besides different damage types) it would be totally reasonable to give Firebrand a bit more base damage and/or higher crits (Annihilation) again. Doesn't have to be as murderous as in PoE, but something has to be done.

The Swift Flurry/Cleavin Stance with Spirit Lance/Blast/Minor Blights and also the AoE crippling strikes and so on are just silly.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My GPU broke recently so unfortunately I can't test and play for the time being.. 

Before that I was working on a mod myself, it's really brilliant how easy it is. The main feature other than balancing some spells, focus gain and weapon damage was making all level 0 abilities scale with power level, e.g. sneak attack from +50% damage to + (25% +5%/PL). Didn't make this much of a difference in the beta and the tooltips don't work properly with small fractions (like a +0.02/PL addition to the soul whip multiplier would be rounded to 0.0 in the description), but I thought it was a decent approach to balance martial multiclass combinations.

I also tried to make the "scaling" attribute of weapons scale with power level, but that turned out buggy.. It would be possible with a scaling +weapon accuracy and +weapon damage secondary spell effect to summon weapon spells, but that is not so straight forward. Still I think it would really benefit balance and gameplay. Using an Empower on summoning spells wouldn't be a waste then and single classed casters were not too inferior with these weapons

• Like 4

My GPU broke recently so unfortunately I can't test and play for the time being.. 

Before that I was working on a mod myself, it's really brilliant how easy it is. The main feature other than balancing some spells, focus gain and weapon damage was making all level 0 abilities scale with power level, e.g. sneak attack from +50% damage to + (25% +5%/PL). Didn't make this much of a difference in the beta and the tooltips don't work properly with small fractions (like a +0.02/PL addition to the soul whip multiplier would be rounded to 0.0 in the description), but I thought it was a decent approach to balance martial multiclass combinations.

I also tried to make the "scaling" attribute of weapons scale with power level, but that turned out buggy.. It would be possible with a scaling +weapon accuracy and +weapon damage secondary spell effect to summon weapon spells, but that is not so straight forward. Still I think it would really benefit balance and gameplay. Using an Empower on summoning spells wouldn't be a waste then and single classed casters were not too inferior with these weapons

what you want to do is a actually a REALLY solid balancig idea man! props for thinkign of it!

basically if i understand these files right to scale sneak attack with empower it is as easy and simple as going isnide abilities (or was it attacks) control + F the sneak attack thing and find the value that says something like

Class: (either GUILE or Rogue one of the two; if it is like the majority of properties one can edit this field is usallyu empty)

Usage: (1 or a higher numr if its like a knock down; if its like Sneak atk it will be empty)

Clear after combat: (empty; this value is for making something dispapear after a combat,,, personally i enabled it for POWDER BURNS because my Main is a Rogue streetFighter dual wieldig blundersses intentionally flankig himself with that and havig it go away on combat end is not cheating relaly since i will use POWDER again next combat anyway)

Empowered: (almost always empty excpt sometimes not)

and then a whole lot of other -Power-related values after that one

most with t he word SCALE on it

is that what you were changig//

btw you knonw how almost every single WEAPON MODAL and ALL shield MODALS ar compmletely USELESS right

i just wnet and made a PIKEs modal (epose weakness) become a finite resource (made it a 1 USE per empowerment thing)

and i made the Pike (when you nouw activate the ability of expose weakness) receive a 75% penalty to DAMAGE ....

in exchange it triggers an On-Hit effect of -25 reflex (pasted it from mornig Bewilderig Blows from clus) plus also -25 fort (took it from body_blows from the morningstar modal) and a a boost in Enagement +2.

so instead of havig to be togglig the modal on and off it is just an ability you can use wenever, and instead of the Pike now decreasig enemy DEFLECTION like before instead it does very little DAMAGE btu it each hit obliterates one by one FORT and REFLEX hile engangig 2 enemy units

perfect for the rest of the group to do something about those lacking saves hehe

I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF MODALS REALLY: i prefer it be a passive  (nothing too fancy then) or a use-per-encounter ability (as suc sold be USEFUL)

Beta 3 mod on Veteran with Warlock main, Priest/Monk, Swashbckler, Spellblade, and Herald(knockoff versions of Xoti, Eder, Aloth, and Pallengia). Cheated so party was at level 6 and outfitted in fine gear.

Assassinate Empower Fireball no longer nukes like it did without crit, but still packs a hell of a bunch and takes out enemies without much issue. Regular Fireballs are pretty good when they hit but require retargeting or engagement to hit and I'm fine with this tbh. One-handed slow weapons seem to fit better with the speed adjustments, but I think 2-Handers need a little more damage and/or pen while 1-handed fast could do with being a little slower (.6s/2.0s) with slightly more damage(maybe 1 point). Also this was an issue in PoE, but Eldritch Aim isn't good for the cast, I think a 15 sec duration would be a big improvement there.

Overall this is an improvement over vanilla Beta with changes being good but needing tuning.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

All those have very short casting times. So all in all the summoned weapons in Deadfire are a lot weaker than in PoE. Maybe they have to be because of multiclassing. 

Single classes suffering because of sins of multiclassing sounds really bad. I hope it's not the case.

Power Level exists to balance multiclassing without making single classes suffer. OEI needs to use it more/better.

Vancian =/= per rest.