Ranged Quarterstaves

Osvir

I'm making a Druid(Fury)/Wizard(Evoker) in the Beta, Aumaua, and I'm at Weapon Proficiency, and I feel I lack the tools to complete my character concept (Towering Wizard that is nuking large areas) and a ranged Staff would look cooler than a Wand/Rod/Sceptre.

Too late?

Is it possible to modify a weapon's attack animation? (And object size? I.E. an arrow object, changing it to be longer and a little bit thicker, then apply that animation to a custom spear/pike, and add ranged/distance auto-attack~ thus creating psuedo-javelin type)

Possible?

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

Well we've seen an Abydon's Hammer in the first game which was two handed instead of one.

I don't see a reason not having a ranged staff in the game.

Though that it will be is doubtful. What you are describing requires coding an entire new animation set. 

As far as I saw you can change the skin of items or edit some of the stats but attack animation? I don't think so. At least I didn't saw mods like that.

Rods are supposed to be the two handed caster weapons in the game. Maybe if we're lucky we will see a staff soulbound weapon with properties of a Rod. That would be cool.

At least you can equip shields with some implements and dual wield them now. that is a huge step forward.

Edited by Soulmojo

I'm thinking something like in WarEdit, where you pick a unit, and then you can change its attack property.

In short, example, a Footman that still utilizes its own attack animation (melee), but has the properties of "ranged" and "projectile object" of a flying sheep.

What I'm curious about is if it is possible to take a Quarterstaff, and make it ranged. Still the same attack animation, melee, but a different/"hit" or "projectile" outcome.

Edited by Osvir

i tried changing the max distance of the BaseQuarterstaff item in the game file but there was no change reflected in-game.

probably the solution is more complicated although it is perplexing because i easily changed Pistol range from 8 to 12 in less than 2 minutes.

you know , i think the problem is quarterstaff is classed as melee and there is probably a global value that has the max reach for REACH weapons, BUT RANGED weapons on the other hand use different properties and are classed seperately so maybe that is why.

i will try seeig if i can change normal quarterstaff into a RANGED WEAPON probably i will just copy and paste pistol data into quarterstaff entries where necessary, and see if game does not commit seppuku or something.