The Level Cap Question

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity for the first time and immensely enjoying it. I've nearly completed the game, having reached Teir Evron and done all the God Quests there. I've reached the level cap. I don't yet have White March and have been hoping to get it in the next steam sale. I've haven't finished the Stronghold Dungeon or all the bounties yet. If I complete them, and then buy white march will that experience go towards my progress for level 13 or will I only start making progress towards level 13 when I buy the White March? I hope this question makes sense. Do I stop playing now and wait until I get the White March or try to complete the game as much as possible (without getting to the point where there's no turning back)?

It was - by me at least.

Let me rephrase: only when you buy and install the expansion you will earn experience beyond level 12. Everything exp-worthy you do after the cap and before the WM will be gone.

But I wouldn't worry too much, because you'll most probably hit the new level cap before you finish (level 14 with WM1 installed, level 16 with WM2 installed).

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...