Pcgamer exclusive cosmic doge content?

^ I don't read German very well, but at the bottom next to the bird it says:  Freishalt-Code

No idea what it all means though LOL  I'd guess at ''code for cosmic bird in-game pet"

All these cosmic animals are making poor old Cosmo feel less special :p

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Oh man, I really want this pet. 

Online shop does not offer March edition yet. So I guess I am going to have keep a look out for it in kiosks... or maybe just buy it online once it comes out.

Been a while since I bought Gamestar, let's see how good it is these days.

^ I don't read German very well, but at the bottom next to the bird it says: Freishalt-Code

No idea what it all means though LOL I'd guess at ''code for cosmic bird in-game pet"

All these cosmic animals are making poor old Cosmo feel less special :p

I was referring to the “hidden” 6 character codes they’ve been burying on things lately. The UK PCGamer had one so...

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I'm beginning to think that copy of Gamestar sent to Obsidian was an advance.  Gamestar's own website doesn't seem to know about the March issue yet, and I haven't found any promotional cover images posted around the internet.

In any event, it shouldn't be too long until we find out more about the COSMIC BIRBS!!!

• Like 1

read "cosmic doge" in the thread title and figured it were referencing some kinda wacky vailian republics aristocrat.  kinda disappointed.  not only did reality fail to meet expectations, but we learned that kids these days use doge and dog interchangeable... for as yet inexplicable reasons. the e makes it funny, or something. make us feel unfulfilled And old?

so grammar    many old   

inexplikibble   wow

Good fun?

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

I'm beginning to think that copy of Gamestar sent to Obsidian was an advance.  Gamestar's own website doesn't seem to know about the March issue yet, and I haven't found any promotional cover images posted around the internet.

In any event, it shouldn't be too long until we find out more about the COSMIC BIRBS!!!

This it?

https://shop.gamestar.de/GameStar-XL-03-2018.htm?websale8=webedia&pi=1-6621&ci=140-5298

Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bought the issue on Google play. No doges of any sort, but it was cheap and I haven't read any "printed" game magazines in a while. So that's something.

Yeah, I picked up a copy at the local B&N just because, hey, an actual magazine

Only "new" info I saw was a very small screenie of a large Junk ship with four cannon slots. No cosmic dog or parrot code, North American edition, sadness

I was thinking who actually cares about buying some magazine or whatever just to get some useless in game item? What's the point?

But apparently a lot of people! I must be really out of touch.

• Like 1

nowt

I was thinking who actually cares about buying some magazine or whatever just to get some useless in game item? What's the point?

But apparently a lot of people! I must be really out of touch.

I must say, I really hate this kind of thing. I hate promotional exclusive items.

It comes from my completionist personality. As a completionist I want a complete game, that is I want every content that is possibly available.

I remember how Bioware overdid it with many, many, dozens of promotional exclusive items for the Dragon Age games. If you have some kind of completionist OCD that really is a huge, huge bother.

So how many promotional exclusive items are there now for Deadfire? Two?

Two would be harmless. As I said Bioware had dozens. I just hope these two for Deadfire will not start Obsidian to go down that road that Bioware did.

Exclusive items mean exactly what they are called: They exclude a part of the players. And I really don't like that.

Do I want those items? Yes, I feel the strong urge of wanting them. But my rational voice is screaming at me to not waste money.

The money can never be worth it. And in addition I don't want to support this kind of marketing strategy.

The fact that dogs are my favorite animals (besides beavers) doesn't help.

And I know my willpower would instantly shatter for a cosmic beaver pet.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 11

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

The codes aren't single use anyway.

Even if you didn't grab a magazine, you're free to use the sekrit codes to treat your party to whatever cosmic dogs, birds, cats, and ferrets that the game may have to offer.

They're hardly exclusives the other way game promos have been "exclusive."  They're only exclusive in the sense that two magazines got the honor of saying: "Hey, look at these cool codes obsidian gave us that anyone could use to get a fancy pet!" 

Edited by Ethics Gradient

An I right in saying they are (non-cheating) console commands, so using them doesn't unlock a DLC, it just spawns the it in question, and you'd have to do it every new game?

Yes.  Even though it presently doesn't do anything, the command you use to redeem it just made an appearance in the latest beta.

It's not a cheat.  It just grants a specific thing to the party then marks the save as having received it.

Since it's tracked per-party, yeah, you'd have to type it in every new game if you want a cosmic doggo.