Pcgamer exclusive cosmic doge content?

So I saw this

rkPCR9J.jpg

It says you get a pet if you buy this, so how does that work? I don't buy these things normally, but I obviously gotta have the doge! 

Edit: I live in Denmark if that's important to the buy method.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

While that pet is cool, I'm sure, please don't support annoying promotions like this that deliberately spread content out and take it from the base game(possibly??).

If this pet is achievable/included in the normal base game, disregard this post.

If it is NOT included in the base game, I'm sure it'll be available via mods about 1 hour after the game is out. :)

• Like 4

While that pet is cool, I'm sure, please don't support annoying promotions like this that deliberately spread content out and take it from the base game(possibly??).

If this pet is achievable/included in the normal base game, disregard this post.

If it is NOT included in the base game, I'm sure it'll be available via mods about 1 hour after the game is out. :)

I kinda want it just because its about Pillars II

• Like 1

A reddit comment said the code was generic, not exclusive. I'm guessing that means the code works for anyone who uses it. I'm not entirely sure.

It also said the code is used in-game, so is it a "cheat code" or does it bind the dog to your account?

For those of us unable to grab a copy of the UK edition because they live in the American Colonies, good news!

FYI, we will also be the US cover, it's just that the US magazine drops later than UK (at least that's my understanding), so don't worry to anyone in the States/Canada who wants a copy -- you'll be able to get one.

I like the promo pictures. In this there ar efour companions facing Eothas.

There'a also this one, for Game Informer, done in the same style with the rest three facing a dragon of some sort. Also there's a interview with J.S. :p

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-ii-director-interview.aspx

I agree, the artworks are really nice. I appreciate the fact that they complete each other companion wise.

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1

Well I think that I might consider to buy this thing. Of course in my country it is not obtainable,  so I will have to buy it from the site and... Welp it's a space doggo, and I want to have every possible piece of the game. Also did I mentioned that this is a space doggo? I would love to have a space doggo and a space piglet. :D

Edited by Nanawatzin
  • Like 1

FYI, we will also be the US cover, it's just that the US magazine drops later than UK (at least that's my understanding), so don't worry to anyone in the States/Canada who wants a copy -- you'll be able to get one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/7w4iex/newest_issue_of_pc_gamer_uk_has_poe2_as_their/dtyatkv/

Got a free 30 sub on Google play after looking at a preview of the UK edition. Apparently it's on page 34 but the preview only goes to 13. I'll wait and see.

Thanks for the link you posted, but it won't let me buy it. I get 9 lines of red error code when I enter my information to the site, and I can't move to payment. So I'll have to find another way. :D

Edited by TheisEjsing

Premium digital version lets me keep Cosmo (and the tiny obsidian wurm) so while a space-doggy would be a nice addition, I'm not buying a mag for it.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Premium digital version lets me keep Cosmo (and the tiny obsidian wurm) so while a space-doggy would be a nice addition, I'm not buying a mag for it.

You probably won't have to buy anything to get the dog.

I haven't quite convinced anyone to give up the full details, but the "redemption" process is just an in-game console command, not a Steam key or something similar.

I'm curious to know what that secret command is, but I'm willing to wait until the issue hits the US later this month.

l9uO36U.png

• Like 5

i certainly dont like this exclusive content at all. but on consoles it seems to be a normal thing that each platform would promote exclusive contents or items to attract people in getting the version for that preferred consoles. i'm not sure if they are going that route.

• Like 2

i certainly dont like this exclusive content at all. but on consoles it seems to be a normal thing that each platform would promote exclusive contents or items to attract people in getting the version for that preferred consoles. i'm not sure if they are going that route.

More like a deal to make a magazine more desirable for fans of advertised game. While not harmful, I moderately dislike not being able to get everything for a title in one, neat package. 

• Like 1

read "cosmic doge" in the thread title and figured it were referencing some kinda wacky vailian republics aristocrat.  kinda disappointed.  not only did reality fail to meet expectations, but we learned that kids these days use doge and dog interchangeable... for as yet inexplicable reasons. the e makes it funny, or something. make us feel unfulfilled And old?

aside:  mag cover made us think (fondly) o' harryhausen's talos.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)