[Spoilers] A Look At : Enchantments & High Level Spells

DexGames

Enchantments :

• It's written "Known Recipes", so, finding Enchantments Recipes seems to be a thing in Deadfire now. That's great, I always wanted to be able to find Unique Enchantments in the First Game.
  • Unfortunately, there's nothing at the moment in the Backer Beta except the regular "Quality Increase" for Weapons, Shields and Armors.
  • Vektor doesn't sells any, and the Racist Lady didn't want to open her store for me. B*tch...  :lol:

1518096645-wenchant.png1518096649-senchant.png1518096692-aenchant.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

High Level Spells :

• As for High Level Spells, there's some pretty cool Stuff. Look at the Damage on "Great Abjuration".  :wowey:

Level VIII :

1518096587-lvl8-1.png

1518096609-lvl8-2.png

1518096595-lvl8-3.png

Level IX :

1518096594-lvl9-1.png

1518096612-lvl9-2.png

1518096648-lvl9-3.png

1518096641-lvl9-4.png

:thumbsup:

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 4

Subbing

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

One thing I don't get is why Great Abjuration lists a penetration value if it deals raw damage. Isn't raw damage supposed to ignore AR altogether? Otherwise there's no point to its existence anymore.

EDIT: It doesn't appear to have a VFX yet. Great Maelstrom and Great Meteor Shower look pretty kewl however.

Pretty kewl spells though ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Because of the basic 40-70 Damage I guess, but overall,

I think the description & values are quite certainely bugged.

I mean, if Eothas' considered a Spirit, Vessel or a Summon in its Boss Fight, Great AOE of Abjuration

& Byebye, I've just One-Shot Eothas & everyone in the Area. [in case there are "Adds" around him]

No, I meant raw damage—the spell is kewl ;)

That's great, I always wanted to be able to find Unique Enchantments in the First Game.

Me too.

I think Tyranny is now a good exemple. This game is not perfect but customization is crazy is this game.

Unique enchantements, like unique grimoire are always a great pleasure.

Great Abjuration states that it only kills creatures below your level. If there was a boss fight, the enemy in question would surely have its level adjusted.

The big damage value is obsolete, as it's simply the instant kill, and the 40-70 damage are most likely relevant if it's not below your level.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1

No, I meant raw damage—the spell is kewl ;)

Yeah yeah, what I meant was that the Penetration is probably only tied to the Regular 40-70 & not on the Raw Damage

it can deals, because of what you said (which is correct). But I don't know...

According to description, this Spell either apply the 40-70 OR the Raw Damage but it can't be both, so I'm guessing that's where the Penetration comes in...

Kewl for sure !

Bracers have a grey'ed "Enchant" button :

1518121894-wenchant3.png

Beza's Tooth Blade, [& Every other Unique Yellow Items], have more Enchantments attached to them, but they're all bugged with no Description.

Can only see "Biting Cuts"...

1518121849-wenchant2.png

I'm starting to be skeptical on whether we'll be able to find Recipes in the World after all... & that Enchantments will all be known again like Pillars I...

Which would be a huge disappointment... again. It made no sense back then, [to me], to know everything there's is to know about enchantment, & the same would apply here.

Nonetheless, I still keep in mind that we saved that Dwarf in Valewood [?], after Cîlant Lys, who's the only person EVER in the Dyrwood who gives us a Unique cooking Recipe. [Yeeeh...]  :getlost:

So maybe it is something they did want to include & had to retract from this feature on the last minute, because of everything else, way more important, that needed to be done back then.

Could still be a thing in Deadfire but that's worrying me, to be honnest.

WE WANNA FIND COOL ENCHANTMENTS, AND WE'VE ALREADY TOLD THEM IN THE FIRST CAMPAIGN !

COME ON GUYS !  :lol:

Edited by DexGames

Great Abjuration states that it only kills creatures below your level. If there was a boss fight, the enemy in question would surely have its level adjusted.

The big damage value is obsolete, as it's simply the instant kill, and the 40-70 damage are most likely relevant if it's not below your level.

You're maybe misreading it, what I read is that :

• it CAN instant-kill a creature IF if it's a Vessel/Spirit/Summon Below your Lvl. It doesn't say it's tied to the Raw Damage value, it just kills it & no need for a value. Why bother making this Value be 769230 when 20k would probably be more than enough. [Part of why I say the description is bugged, this number is Insane]
  • if it's not one of these, maybe it still deals basic damage, [40-70], regardless if it's a Beast or whatever. [40-70 seems ok for a Lvl IX Spell as basic damage]
  • It says it uses the Raw Damage value, ONLY if the Creature's Lvl is Equal or Above yours. So that could work on Eothas on paper. [i know it won't, but you know what I mean]

Or maybe I'm misreading it. Still, it's intriguing.

The 40-70 damage in Great Abjuration is also raw; that's what the symbol next to it stands for unless they changed it?

I do this tongue in cheek, but I simply must put this down as being severely bugged:

Enchantments :

• It's written "Known Recipes", so, finding Enchantments Recipes seems to be a thing in Deadfire now. That's great, I always wanted to be able to find Unique Enchantments in the First Game.
  • Unfortunately, there's nothing at the moment in the Backer Beta except the regular "Quality Increase" for Weapons, Shields and Armors.
  • Vektor doesn't sells any, and the Racist Lady didn't want to open her store for me. B*tch...  :lol:

1518096645-wenchant.png1518096649-senchant.png1518096692-aenchant.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

High Level Spells :

• As for High Level Spells, there's some pretty cool Stuff. Look at the Damage on "Great Abjuration".  :wowey:

Level VIII :

1518096587-lvl8-1.png

1518096609-lvl8-2.png

1518096595-lvl8-3.png

Level IX :

1518096594-lvl9-1.png

1518096612-lvl9-2.png

1518096648-lvl9-3.png

1518096641-lvl9-4.png

:thumbsup:

Isn't it funny how the spells from scrolls are much faster casts than the actual spells they are derived from.  :facepalm:

Two alternatives here:

1) Either make scroll casting considerably slower, and of course slower than casting this kind of spells.

2) Or make the spell casting at least a bit faster than these scrolls.

I hope and pray that Obsidian will pick alternative 2. :)

It’s a feature; at least casting from scrolls is still fun :p

Hey there IndiraLightfoot!

Thanks for bringing this up! Ill get it all down for the devs to investigate.

You the best,

-Caleb

*Fingers crossed*

Yes, pretty please, let my prayers to the Obsidian gods be heard.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Pillar of Holy Fire, level 6 scroll---65-78 base damage, 1.5m AoE... not bad for power level 6 Priest (or level 6 scroll at least).

Chain lightning---30 to 50 base, but foe-only....

L7 Scroll of Cleansing Flame description is partly bugged, but "accelerates all effects on target, including damage over time" is interesting.

Scroll of Rusted Armor---description also bugged, but could be great, wonder what class it corresponds to?... Priest of Berath automatically learns it at power level 7 so it's either Priest or Druid.

Incidentally, they've also added console access to high-level potions. Including Potion of the Fearsome Brute, Potion of Invisibility....

Edited by SaruNi
  • Like 1