Preordering more expensive on website than steam?

Preordering standard edition on steam currently costs 45.99 Euros.

I was thinking i could support the developers buy buying the game directly from the website instead of from steam - can anyone clarify if it works like this?

Anyways, when i click preorder on Obsidians website. it charges me 55,61 Euros. Can anyone give me an explanation for this pricegap? Why would it be more expensive on their website than on steam?

I am from Denmark btw, if that would affect the price in any way.

Best regards

• Like 1

I've just tried to buy the game through official site to check out this problem, I'm from Italy and despite the 49.99$ price tag for the standard edition the payment window displays a total of 54.28€ confirming the higher price.

post-105779-0-24263600-1518118438_thumb.png

Edited by Daled
  • Like 1

'All prices include VAT where applicable'

Steam and GOG have VAT included in the price. Not sure if it's an error or not but Obsidian adds VAT on the existing price.

Was planning on buying it on Obsidian, but it was €10 difference between here and GOG. Bit too much.

Edited by Hybridsalmon
  • Like 1

Valve has regional pricing. I just saw the Steam pricing in my region today and realized that I really screwed myself over by backing this game during the campaign.

I paid for the $29 tier during the campaign which gives me the base game and "digital item #1". The Steam pricing in my region is $16 for the 'Standard Edition' which includes 3 in-game items, and $24 for the 'Obsidian Edition', which includes all 3 DLC content, some different (better?) in-game items and the digital map and guidebook.

hHX3whP.png

Valve has regional pricing. I just saw the Steam pricing in my region today and realized that I really screwed myself over by backing this game during the campaign.

I paid for the $29 tier during the campaign which gives me the base game and "digital item #1". The Steam pricing in my region is $16 for the 'Standard Edition' which includes 3 in-game items, and $24 for the 'Obsidian Edition', which includes all 3 DLC content, some different (better?) in-game items and the digital map and guidebook.

hHX3whP.png

Steam has specific, very low pricing for certain Asian countries, including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

hHX3whP.png

Steam has specific, very low pricing for certain Asian countries, including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh.

I agree and understand, the point I was making is that this regional pricing style (I assume they also have varying pricing in other regions) as opposed to the fixed one-price-fits-all approach of crowdfunding makes it no longer beneficial to the consumer to back games like PoE early on. I'd save money AND get more if I had waited for their steam pricing to be revealed.