Player character is again the Watcher? What if he died at the End?

Because mine was overwhelmed by the eyeless armies (didnt complete White March II).. so is the savegame unuseable or how will this turn out?

I don't see any other option, though Obsidian may give you an unique narration slide for it. It might actually be kind of clever to see how the decisions you made affect Deadfire without further intervention.

• Like 1

Because mine was overwhelmed by the eyeless armies (didnt complete White March II).. so is the savegame unuseable or how will this turn out?

I don't see any other option, though Obsidian may give you an unique narration slide for it. It might actually be kind of clever to see how the decisions you made affect Deadfire without further intervention.

Thought so too.. let´s wait and see ^^

• 2 months later...

As said above, it will be the shortest game in history.... best get a refund :)

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Does that decision generate a gamecomplete.savegame? If not then you can’t import that character in Deadfire.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt Sheets

The GameComplete save is only created after the end of the main story in Pillars of Eternity.

If you died during White March, it won't create a GameComplete save and you'll be unable to import that over to Pillars of Eternity 2.

I'd suggest loading another save, not dying, and then complete the main story.

• Like 4

The GameComplete save is only created after the end of the main story in Pillars of Eternity.

If you died during White March, it won't create a GameComplete save and you'll be unable to import that over to Pillars of Eternity 2.

What if one ends the game, reloads, then ends the game again?

Is the save overwritten? Or is there a new one?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

What if one ends the game, reloads, then ends the game again?

Is the save overwritten? Or is there a new one?

It's overwritten, I managed to alter the global values of Kana Rua's confidence/idealistic axis values in order to change his epilogue for the import and once I had the values changed I loaded the altered save and finished the game (I had a save right before the ending), the complete save was then overwritten.  

• Like 2

6025422_EFPg_C_v1.png