Suggestion: identify damage type in weapon proficiency screen

anfoglia

I apologize if there has already been a thread about this. I tried several searches, but of course it's possible I missed an obvious one.

My concern is that, at character creation, it's not clear what damage type (slash/pierce/crush) each weapon does. Some are obvious without a tooltip; some are not (e.g., wands, blunderbusses). And because of the way armor works, players have some reason to pick weapons with different damage types. I know proficiency doesn't lock you in to any weapon choice, but it seems to me that the proficiency select screen is still probably the best place to at least alert players to this important weapon class property.

Or have I just (repeatedly) overlooked a giant icon or tooltip somewhere on the proficiency screen?

• Like 8

Yeah. It should give you the whole weapon rundown. Base attack speed, damage, penetration, damage type and bonus (e.g. deflection for hatchets, +crit damage for battle axes). There's no way a new player would know that stuff. This should probably go into the bug/feedback forum.

• Like 4

You are totally right, I believe the character creation menu is not finished yet.

If you allow me to expand on what's missing there, another thing is the absence of starting health/health per level depending on the class.

Are we supposed to know them by heart? Maybe we - the hardcore fans - do, but I suppose many players won't! :p

• Like 5

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Yeah. It should give you the whole weapon rundown. Base attack speed, damage, penetration, damage type and bonus (e.g. deflection for hatchets, +crit damage for battle axes). There's no way a new player would know that stuff. This should probably go into the bug/feedback forum.

You are totally right, I believe the character creation menu is not finished yet.

If you allow me to expand on what's missing there, another thing is the absence of starting health/health per level depending on the class.

Are we supposed to know them by heart? Maybe we - the hardcore fans - do, but I suppose many players won't! :p

I agree with these points. I'm not sure why I focused in on the damage type when there are equally important weapon parameters missing. And I'd forgotten that basic class info like HP growth is not yet displayed at character creation.

Yeah, everything about the weapon should be shown on the proficiency selection, that it isn't now is bad design.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

3rd December

Doesn't seem like any of that made it in so far, though, so there's that.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey all,

Thanks a ton for your feedback! I am definitely adding this to our Feedback list for the devs to assess, and I will be putting in a bug to our system since this is info I feel is necessary for the player.

Keep in mind that in the end it does fall to our Dev team that puts a lot of effort into these systems day in and out, so just some food for thought  :)

Stay vigilant friends!

You the best,

-Caleb

• Like 6

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...