IDEA - Stacking Resistances

Hello,

Very simple idea.

I am an Elf. I am a Fighter.

WILLY STEP + UNSTOPPABLE = Resistance to dexterity affliction x 2 = Down of 2 level the affliction.

Example

ACTUALLY

Foe use HALT (Dexterity affliction level 2) on me = Dexterity affliction level 1. (2 - 1 = 1)

POSSIBLE CHANGE

Foe use HALT (Dexterity affliction level 2) on me = No effect. (2 - 2 = 0)

--------------------------

Why ? Because if not, what is the interest to take this bonus twice ?

PjbSG1t.jpg?2

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

Why should them stack? 

1) Avoid Bad build. If a 9 years old child take two talents = pure loss.

2) If there are immunities like you said (Form of the delemgan etc etc.), my proposition is not OP. You pay it each time (race + one talent).

3) Logical reason. You have one concept, willy step + unstoppable, with two different name. But don't stack. IF we stay with "no stack" : I am totally OK, but in this case, give them the same name !...^^ It is more comprehensive for players... (actually it is only a cosmetic change of name ...)

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

Maybe they should have greyed out redundant passives on lvling? 

Yes but in this case you lose a "possibility" with fighter.

it's a lack of equity between classes. Same thing for Half-sword and Tenacious (Berserker and others). Obsidian does not seem to want to fix it. It's a choice, but during that time, the devoted him can stack. (Half sword penetration bonus + Devoted penetration bonus)

Rules of stacking must be simple.

This stacking rule punishes associations. Associations which is THE new thing of the pillars 2, namely multiclassing.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

it's a lack of equity between classes. Same thing for Half-sword and Tenacious (Berserker and others). Obsidian does not seem to want to fix it. It's a choice, but during that time, the devoted him can stack. (Half sword penetration bonus + Devoted penetration bonus)

This stacking rule punishes associations. Association which is THE new thing of the pillars 2, namely multiclassing.

Ya, Pillars have clarity and elegance problem.

• Like 1

Or it is a pure loss...

-20 deflection.

And no bonus.

For me, there is a big problem. Ok, you are a hardcore gamer, you will never take the modal of half sword. But if I am a 10 years old child, I am only punish by a malus, I am a casual gamer and I don't understand what's happening. And if I understand after a moment, I will don't understand why I wasted my proficiency for that. Bad build ?

The suppressed is also hidden, it must be done a precise action to see it.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 3

I guess I should have seen this coming. If stacking rules are a mess, why not make them a mess all the way through?

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Completely agree, should have three tiers that go from Resistant to ??? to Immune and allow staking at least from talents/abilities/racials.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This stacking rule punishes associations. Association which is THE new thing of the pillars 2, namely multiclassing.

Ya, Pillars have clarity and elegance problem.

Yeah stack rule and weapon modal bonus should be documented when picking, I totally agree with you on this point.

Completely agree, should have three tiers that go from Resistant to ??? to Immune and allow staking at least from talents/abilities/racials.

Pillars 1 had system interaction problems that were ill-conveyed too, one of the weaker aspects of the game. Perhaps the most. I really liked the way it deviated from dnd rules, and often you could create creative viable builds. But that didn't mean you weren't shooting yourself in the foot.

As a player I'm fine with still being given a footgun, as long as it's labeled with neons signs that a level screen just put one in my hand.