A Look Into the Fig Physical Items

I am trying to be a good patient fan and wait for my physical backer items, but its been two months and a few patches, at this point my family is openly mocking me about funding something really early in the development for a good chunk of change and not even being a made a priority.  Can we please get an update? Has anyone gotten their copies yet?

"You funded the project for 250 dollars and you dont have your merchandise 2 months after release? Are you sure you can trust these people?" - Outside Perspective Dad

• Like 1

From Update 50:

"Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards.  We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve."

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

From Update 50:

"Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards.  We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve."

Update 49 said exactly the same thing i.e. "Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. ". And "a couple of weeks" is almost at an end since update 50. Has anyone even got a notification yet?

A month is 4 weeks. 4 weeks is 1 month. If we haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks (when “months” becomes plural and “weeks” is no longer the applicable unit of measure), then I will share these concerns. In the mean time, I try to remember that it can take 3 weeks to send something by ship across an ocean and that fulfillment will probably take a couple more. I suppose they could make a point to send us daily updates but my money is on the fact that the people who are going to be pissed off about this are going to be pissed off no matter what Obsidian does.

#firstworldproblems

Do you share our concerns?

A month is 4 weeks. 4 weeks is 1 month. If we haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks (when “months” becomes plural and “weeks” is no longer the applicable unit of measure), then I will share these concerns. In the mean time, I try to remember that it can take 3 weeks to send something by ship across an ocean and that fulfillment will probably take a couple more. I suppose they could make a point to send us daily updates but my money is on the fact that the people who are going to be pissed off about this are going to be pissed off no matter what Obsidian does.

#firstworldproblems

Do you share our concerns?

Nope. Last update said that everything is at the shipping houses awaiting distribution.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

As soon as we get 'em, no prob. It's not like we can't play the game - plus this is a risk that anyone who backs a crowdfunding project accepts. It's a bit worrying that still our physical rewards are nowhere to be found but let's hope that it'll be sorted out within the summer :)

• Like 1

I would not worry about it, the latest update just came out and finally gave a specific time frame. We have been upgraded from "soon" to "please keep an eye out."

I am gonna start giving this informative level of specific, actionable details around my own time frames at work.  "Soon boss." "Oh jobs fufilled boss, keep an eye out."

• Like 2

Physical Backer Rewards Update

By now, some of you may have noticed that the status of your order has been changed on our backer portal - fear not, as your rewards are finally ready to be fulfilled. We apologize again for the delay and can't wait for your deserved rewards to arrive on your doorsteps. 

If you're worried you might not be home at the time of the delivery, no worries! Please contact us with your order number and any pertinent details (such as when it would be the best time for us to send your rewards).  Additionally, we will be sending out new information on a weekly basis until the end of the year, so please go ahead and send us your new or updated information and we'll get the details over to our distribution centers to fulfill your order. Once your order has been sent out, you'll receive tracking information from our fulfillment centers, so please keep an eye out!

Based on this we should be getting an update in 3 days time. We'll see....

Also, it is incredibly concerning that they state "we will be sending out new information on a weekly basis until the end of the year". Does that mean some people will be waiting more than a couple of weeks or even up to 6 months?!?!?

Edited by bjon045

Obsidian, get a friggin move on already and ship people the physical items they pledged for...

The physical items aren’t at obsidian, they are at the distribution houses. Have been for weeks now.

Yet again, another promise broken. Last update we were promised weekly updates and it's been well over a week...

I was pretty disappointed that it didn’t come up in the dev stream yesterday.

Doesn't make sense to release new information every week only about physical goods? I'm guessing it refers to backer updates, dev streams, free/premium DLC, anything that qualifies as 'information'. 

In other words, yesterday's dev stream was the new info ... next week's info dump will be BoW and 2.0, perhaps. 

All I know is, I can't exercise the privilege of wearing a black Obsidian hoodie during a summer heat wave.

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm guessing it refers to backer updates, dev streams, free/premium DLC, anything that qualifies as 'information'. 

Re-reading the update it sounds like they are actually saying they will send weekly updates to the distributors. I'm guessing it is a screw up on their end.

Edited by bjon045

I'm guessing it refers to backer updates, dev streams, free/premium DLC, anything that qualifies as 'information'. 

Re-reading the update it sounds like they are actually saying they will send weekly updates to the distributors. I'm guessing it is a screw up on their end.

you're right, it's not at all about backer updates and DLC ... they're sending 'new information' to distributors every week until the end of the year ... a few hundred names, addresses, and order items per week

might not be a screw up because it was their plan all along ... either way, that particular paragraph is obtuse af

sweet, well then I'll get my hoodie in December, probably, when it's chilly and appropriate

All Stop. On Screen.

Hi all - yes, you're right, the wording on the FAQ was unclear and I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused. We'd meant to say that our distributors would be getting weekly updates in the form of backer data for any backers who had not filled out their information to make sure we weren't putting a cutoff for backers who might not have filled out their information. I've edited the wording to reflect that.

That being said, however, weekly updates are a great idea, and we're going to implement them in our support page here. We had originally planned to send out updates when we had hard information for backers (i.e. dates), but you deserve more for your patience and we'll do better.

Hi all - yes, you're right, the wording on the FAQ was unclear and I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused. We'd meant to say that our distributors would be getting weekly updates in the form of backer data for any backers who had not filled out their information to make sure we weren't putting a cutoff for backers who might not have filled out their information. I've edited the wording to reflect that.

That being said, however, weekly updates are a great idea, and we're going to implement them in our support page here. We had originally planned to send out updates when we had hard information for backers (i.e. dates), but you deserve more for your patience and we'll do better.

Dan,

My account is updated with my current email but I have not been getting emails for a long time now, is there someone I need to check with or is there a setting I might be missing?