A Look Into the Fig Physical Items

I cannot find any information on how to at least play my digital copy while I'm waiting on the physical CE content to arrive. I certainly hope I won't have to wait a few weeks for that...

Hey Torhal,

Go to you Obsidian account https://eternity.obsidian.net/login -> My Products -> there should be the list of Digital Items you have available for the Tier you have backed and there should be the digital key for game itself.

PZRfSBz.png

Does anyone have any idea if this is going to be sent via tracked mail or not? I don't really care when it gets sent as long as the time frame is reasonable i.e. < 2 months. But when it does get sent I would like to know exactly where that precious cargo is!

Any update on the ETA for the physical items would be nice.

For European customers, will you ship directly from Europe? Would be nice to avoid the hassle with customs. 

Will you provide a tracking number?

Please give an official response!

• Like 6

Yeah, I was expecting to read something about the physical versions of the game (i.e. shipping, ETA, etc.) in this week's update but to my surprise, there wasn't even a single mention. Oh well... :(

• Like 1

When are the collector's editions sent to the backers?

• Like 1

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

This is ridiculous!!!   

I would like a est. date of delivery or a refund please.  I have two collectors editions and other stuff ordered ( over 500 dollars)  and I cant get a date?

Can a mod please give me instructions on how to get a refund please.

Obsidian has already said the physical editions are late. As soon as they have definite shipping dates, they will say something. It would be irresponsible to give delivery dates without certainty.

Note that a similar thing happened with the first game. My collector's edition of the original took quite a while to arrive and there was a significant difference in the delivery dates between the US and the rest of the world.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So saying they will be late is OK?   Because the first games CE where late it's OK?

I would like info on how I would go about a refund please.  That is what should of been offered when they said they would be late.

Would like an answer promptly,  or I will be contacting the better business bureau in my country.   There should always be an option for a refund when a company and their suppliers screw up shipping dates.

A refund is always an option. If you wish for a refund you can contact Obsidian through this e-mail address:

support@obsidian.net

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The email said weeks.

To be fair, the email meant weeks from the game's release date. Now it's been a full month and, with no new updates and no idea what the hold-up was/is, people are starting to get antsy (as testified by several other threads inquiring about the same thing, more or less vocally.)

Assuming the original plan was to ship around the game's release date (which I seem to remember it was), Obsidian likely scheduled everything to meet that particular deadline. Anything can go wrong at any time for any number of perfectly valid reason, and I'm more than happy to get behind that. However, if everything else had been carried out according to plan, I wouldn't expect a full month's delay unless the issue was relatively serious (as in, an issue that takes long to solve.)

I find that users tend to react more reasonably when openly communicated with. Providing an update that touches upon what the issue is, and perhaps what is being done to remedy it, would go a long way toward gaining people's understanding and preventing threads like the ones I mentioned above. For most, I believe waiting isn't a big problem if they know why they're waiting and/or can have a general time frame in mind for when the wait is going to be over.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

A month is 4 weeks. 4 weeks is 1 month. If we haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks (when “months” becomes plural and “weeks” is no longer the applicable unit of measure), then I will share these concerns. In the mean time, I try to remember that it can take 3 weeks to send something by ship across an ocean and that fulfillment will probably take a couple more. I suppose they could make a point to send us daily updates but my money is on the fact that the people who are going to be pissed off about this are going to be pissed off no matter what Obsidian does.

#firstworldproblems

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

In the email about backer update #49 and patch 1.1: 

Physical Backers

For those who backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a physical tier, we have good news! The fulfillment houses are getting everything in and packaging it all up now. We have a batch of them (as you can see in the video above) and we're very happy with how they turned out. Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. When your items are shipped to you, you'll receive an e-mail from the fulfillment house with a tracking number letting you know it's on the way. We apologize again for the delay in these items and we hope that you enjoy them once they arrive.

Ah it's also mentioned in the forum post.

Edited by samzala

• 4 weeks later...

I haven’t, but mine is a signed CE so I expect it to take longer as they need the time to sign it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus