Update #44 - Making Pillars II Gorgeous

I already play the beta.

Will the game be updated to the full game at release day automatically or do I have to do something in the backer portal or on fig?

The Backer Beta is a separate key from the base game. You would have to redeem the base game key that you can generate on your Products Page in order to get the full game.

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

Hey OBS ! Let's say I wanna give the Digital Version as a gift to someone :

• My Elite CE will contain the "Physical" key right ? [For Me]

I believe that was the case for Pillars I but I can't remember...

Also, can you confirm both keys, are equivalent in terms of content ? [Captain Footlocker & all the Extras]

Thank you, I can't wait !

You are correct! Because of the tier you pledged to, you will get the physical game which will have a key for you to redeem and get the game. So your other key can be gifted.

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

You can get you key more quickly than a wizard can cast a (good looking) fireball these days. ;)

Is the whole "economy of action" thing really that bad that spells like fireball take a really long time to cast?

I'm assuming you've been playing the beta.

Edited by Mygaffer

You can get you key more quickly than a wizard can cast a (good looking) fireball these days. ;)

Is the whole "economy of action" thing really that bad that spells like fireball take a really long time to cast?

I'm assuming you've been playing the beta.

Compared to PoE where Fireballs were pretty fast: in Deadfire you summon a 1000 year old turtle that has to be fed with some slow growing chillies and then burp up a fiery ball after digesting...

Your assumption is correct. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

When you're in combat though, don't those fancy magic visual effects get washed down for visual clarity? I mean, they look really good but I suspect that's probably not how you're going to see them in game most of the time.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

When you're in combat though, don't those fancy magic visual effects get washed down for visual clarity? I mean, they look really good but I suspect that's probably not how you're going to see them in game most of the time.

Only if you turn on the particle fade settings. Otherwise it's raving in eora.

• Like 2

Only if you turn on the particle fade settings. Otherwise it's raving in eora.

I now propose they add a new feature into the game: if particle fade settings are off, Xoti will shuffle dance to a mysterious beat emitting from her neon-glowing lantern while in combat.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Got to quick question here.

I was wondering how to redeem Korean version of the POE 2.

Any idea?

p.s. To my fellow Koreans. Don't be way tooooo serious about when the Korean localisation will be available. It's a game.

If you feel you are really angry about not getting it on the day 1, get a life.

The only thing on my account is the original Pillars of Eternity stuff from when I backed the Kickstarter. What should I do?

Have you imported your pledge from Fig onto the Obsidian site? You should be able to do so through the "Manage your pledge" tab.

Edited by algroth

Hey Obsidian, you give us bigger better and more beautiful paperdolls for our character screen. And you create adorable animal companion animations. So if I play a ranger will I be able to admire both at the same time? Are the animal companions in my character screen? Seem only natural to me...

Anyway while I have not followed as closely as the first time, I really love how the game is looking.

New chanter sub-class, the DJ.

Or the unabbreviated "Disc Jockey" subclass (unique spell- summon throwing discs") :p

Although with how PoE likes to ham up chants it'd probably be called something like Wertan Didst Wing Yon Disc and Trolls Befell Doom Upside The Head

Edited by fortuntek

The only thing on my account is the original Pillars of Eternity stuff from when I backed the Kickstarter. What should I do?

Have you imported your pledge from Fig onto the Obsidian site? You should be able to do so through the "Manage your pledge" tab.

I have the same issue and just don't see a manage your pledge tab on Fig.

See if you can enter here:

http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/pledges

See if you can enter here:

http://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/pledges

I found it.  It's the big red button on the left side of the Obsidian My Products page.  Sheeesh.  All good now! Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey, I backed this product. I think for the basic game, but I'm not sure now. Anyhow, I didn't think I needed to link it to my Obsidian account, which I didn't have at the time. Now it's a mess. I need to look to find the order confirmation and receipt, but will I have to link that order to an account here? It's not like I have *any* time to play the game for the next year or so, but I want to have it in my steam account at least.

χαίρετε