Update #44 - Making Pillars II Gorgeous

Greetings, Watchers!

In case you missed it, we have exciting news: our official release date! Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is coming out on April 3rd, 2018. You can freak out now, we totally understand. We'll hang out here a bit. Back? Excellent!

Pre-Order Rewards for Backers

With the announcement of a release date comes pre-orders. Why would we talk about that here? Because, you're backers -- you pre-ordered... kinda. Whatever, you're getting the pre-order items! St. Drogga's Skull, Beakhead the Hawk, and the Black Flag will all be yours when Pillars II launches.

deadfire-preorder-ingame.gif

Update Video

But that's months from now; let's get to the meat of this update. We wanted to show you just how far our artists have pushed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire forward from the way our visuals looked in Pillars I. Let's join Katrina as she walks us through those changes:

Birds! Sorry, we got a little caught up in the video. To follow up on the video, an update for the closed Backer Beta is now live. If you are in the Backer Beta, check out the changes in the Backer Beta section of our forums. As we have said many times, your feedback is critical to our development process, so please, please, please let us know what you think of the new changes.

Backer Keys

In addition to pre-orders going live, backers can now redeem your Backer Keys from the Products Page of your Eternity Account Profile on Obsidian.net. This will give you your copy of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire on either Steam or GOG (your choice), all ready for our April 3rd launch date.

Korean Backers

We also want take this time to update you guys on Korean-language support for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As promised, backers interested in a Korean-language version of Pillars II will receive a Steam or GOG key directly from Obsidian (through the Backer Portal) for the Korean language version of the game. We expect that this translation will be available either on release day, or shortly thereafter. Retail purchasers of the Korean version of Pillars II can get it directly from our Korean-language partners, H2 Interactive.

In a few weeks, we'll be back with an update that will go in-depth into the ship system, and we expect you to put on your pirate hat and rusty cutlass in anticipation!

If you missed Update 43, check it out here!

• Like 18

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

I don't have it in my products page. I assume it's not "distributed" to everyone yet?

No-one seems to have it yet.  Word on the street is that it is currently being looked into by top men.

top_men_indiana_jones.gif

[Edit:  Not just a sarcastic meme post.  Mikey actually did mention that someone is looking into key distribution issues, and we'll be informed as soon as they know anything.]

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 6

Those spell VFX are 10/10, guys.

Unfortunately it also takes 10 hours to cast one :p

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey everyone, if you were having an issue getting your key, do try again. They should be good to go!

I only have "Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Fig Edition" on my account but I also purchased the DLC addon, will we have to wait for a different key in the future or should it be available now?

Edit: I had to edit my post, it wasn't showing up for whatever reason...

Edited by Usuze

Just redeemed mine on gog - yay!

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.  Looking forward to April :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I didn't just redeem this game on Steam. I reverentially redeemed it.

Did you use St. Ydwen's Redeemer to redeem it rightly?

How could I not? It wouldn't have been reverential otherwise, kind wayfarer. She's protecting so much more than Dyrwood: games and their patches as well.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Full game’s a separate key you can get from the backer portal. Beta branch will be dismissed when the full game launches.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey OBS ! Let's say I wanna give the Digital Version as a gift to someone :

• My Elite CE will contain the "Physical" key right ? [For Me]

I believe that was the case for Pillars I but I can't remember...

Also, can you confirm both keys, are equivalent in terms of content ? [Captain Footlocker & all the Extras]

Thank you, I can't wait !

Hey everyone, if you were having an issue getting your key, do try again. They should be good to go!

I only have "Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Fig Edition" on my account but I also purchased the DLC addon, will we have to wait for a different key in the future or should it be available now?

Edit: I had to edit my post, it wasn't showing up for whatever reason...

The DLC key will be be available when the DLC is out. It isn't a key you can redeem at the moment.

• Like 1

On Twitter @MikeyDowling