Another option is that she could be a Calisca-type character, recruitable for a brief mission or section but otherwise not really a sidekick/companion?

Good idea, they are certainly doing a tutorial/prologue part again.

Well, our Watchers will have to learn the ropes when it comes to ship owning & crew commanding, so I'm gonna guess she'll be a seafaring mentor of sorts

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Mirke

Portrait_Mirke_lg.png?version=37a7546a05

New portrait in the game's companion portrait directory.

wow that's an beauty orlan there. i really hope she's a fully companion.. or being made into one at least in the expansion DLC.

Forget it, man. You'd just end up with fleas, and then you'd have to delouse the entire ship.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 3 months later...

People just assumed she was a sidekick because her portrait in the beta wasn't simply watercolored like the rest of the npcs but was normal like with companions. But it turns out that there are other such normal portraits of other npcs as well. My guess is the artist created normal portraits first (perhaps only for important npcs) and then redrew them as watercolored and then somebody forgot to remove the normal ones.

She is a hilariously cool designed character who serves no purpose at all!   Okay that isn't true.  She is a potential important NPC during one major side quest, think something equivalent to like Raedric's Hold.  But yeah, she has an incredibly well designed portrait for a character that is this minor.

And here I was wondering if she'd be recruitable in any way. She's awesome, and I'm hoping we'll get to add her later on to the crew at least. But yeah, if not, it'll be a bit of a shame - wasted potential and all that.   ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ OBSIDIAN PLS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I haven't gotten to where Mirke is in the game yet, but it really seems like a shame for such a nice portrait to be wasted on a minor NPC.  It would be nice if they could do something more with this portrait.  Maybe use it for a new Companion or Sidekick in one of the DLCs.  Or if not that, just rename the portrait files and put them in with the other player-usable portraits.

It's a shame because the gamepedia POE2 wiki listed her as a sidekick prior to release and I was looking forward to using her in a party.  So I guess that I'm hoping that maybe she ends up getting upgraded to Companion or Sidekick in one of the DLCs.

My guess is that she was supposed to be the sidekick if Ydwin became companion character <_<

I mean, to be honest, Ydwin is clearly meant to be more important character than she ends up playing considering ending of the game and her first conversation

But the most important question is, can we romance the drunk orlan?

Only if your character is named Jack Daniels.

Myself, I'm happy we're getting one step closer towards being able to make a full five-man midget party.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 3

Myself, I'm happy we're getting one step closer towards being able to make a full five-man midget party.

Or if your named, Captain Morgan.

• Like 5

Or if your named, Captain Morgan.

I now hate myself for not coming up with that.  :ermm: 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Now she's a sidekick and the DLC is out, can somebody tell me her class and/or classes?

Cheers

Little birds talk about Monk, or Monk/Rogue, or Monk/FIghter

But it may be not true.

Now the better question:

Why is Mirke?

Edited by evilcat