Beta update?

dukeisaac

tomorrow? 

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I left in 2013 and it was a dying ship even then. I am amazed SomethingAwful still exists in the year of our lord 2018.

• Like 3

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Didn't really read much of it. I was so excited I fired up the beta immediately, was confused at the lack of update, came back to the forums and it was gone. What I saw didn't say anything we don't already know, but again there was a fair bit I didn't read.

• Like 3

I don't want to get into a 

We goons will cling to our sinking ship until it eventually goes under.

I don't want to get into an SA derail but I honestly think it's one of the best discussion forums on the internet now -- ironically a much better forum than it was five years ago. The paywall and the active moderation and the relatively small size mean it hasn't gone toxic in the way a lot of other places have. 

• Like 3

That story about the beta patch notes that blinked by here - it just gets me even more excited. Give us the beta already!

We wanna check out all the new stuff, pretty please! :yes:

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

For about half a second patch notes for a new beta release were on the forum. It was apparently a misclick, but it confirms that they are in fact working on a beta update.

Hopefully it's a sign that the update is coming sooner rather than later: the fact there were patch notes in a form ready to be posted suggests that might be the case. Fingers crossed for this weekend.

• Like 2

Well it is unfortunate, but it does by now appear to me that there will be no beta release today either.. Oh well. I suppose it's good they're taking their time ot polish the game to a real shine. But I really wish that we get to at least get a glimpse at the new stat-changes if nothing else...

Well it is unfortunate, but it does by now appear to me that there will be no beta release today either.. Oh well. I suppose it's good they're taking their time ot polish the game to a real shine. But I really wish that we get to at least get a glimpse at the new stat-changes if nothing else...

I figure there is still a chance until the Obsidian offices close, which is around 5:00 Pacific time. I'll keep my hopes up until then lol

Is there a specific time of day after which they're unlikely to post an update? What time of day did the other updates happen?...

FWIW Beta 1 and Beta 2 patch notes were posted between 6-7pm Central (4-5pm Eastern). Yesterday when someone saw the patch notes erroneously posted for a bit it was 6:30/4:30. So it's not outside the realm of reason (quite the opposite) that the beta will launch right at the end of their work day in 3 hours. E: Assuming it's today, of course. I suspect if not today it will be tomorrow, unless they ran into an issue with the build they were testing yesterday.

Edited by bleedthefreak