Beta update?

dukeisaac

Darn, and last week was the first when I gave up on receiving new beta. I suppose it’s time to get excited over nothing again this coming Thursday. ;-)

Is Thursday the usual day or Tuesday? It would be nice to get some official ballpark?

I know how people go monkeycrap out of entitlement about not meeting the internal deadline.. but at least naming the week would be nice

Edited by Veevoir

Darn, and last week was the first when I gave up on receiving new beta. I suppose it’s time to get excited over nothing again this coming Thursday. ;-)

Is Thursday the usual day or Tuesday? It would be nice to get some official ballpark?

I know how people go monkeycrap out of entitlement about not meeting the internal deadline.. but at least naming the week would be nice

Beta updates traditionally come online on Thursdays. I doubt Obsidian will say anything specific until actual beta update release. They don't want to not release update after announcing it. Josh has been teasing this one for a while so it's probably coming soonTM but whenever its this week or next week or week after that? Who knows. I do hope it's this Thursday. It has been a while.

• Like 1

Since we're back to PoE1's concentration system, does Perception gets its Interruption bonus back?

What? Where did that came from? 

Might is coming back (all damage and healing) and resolve is getting buffed to make up for the loss of concertration. Possible buff to resolve revealed here:

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/171289309831/various-deadfire-changes

This reminds me, I keep wanting some more information on how the new concentration system works. Is there any sort of write up anywhere that's as accurate as we are aware of? Or could someone summarize it quick? I know Concentration (as a keyword) creates a shield that protects from Interrupt, but what counts as an Interrupt? Just taking damage? 

This reminds me, I keep wanting some more information on how the new concentration system works. Is there any sort of write up anywhere that's as accurate as we are aware of? Or could someone summarize it quick? I know Concentration (as a keyword) creates a shield that protects from Interrupt, but what counts as an Interrupt? Just taking damage? 

I just jumped back into beta and made my team smack each other in the face to figure that out. Unless there is more to it that meets the eye the system seems fairly simple. Basic attack don't interrupt. Various abilities, however, do interupt when certain conditions are met. For example:

Strike the Bell works on a hit:

qnb1sKm.jpg

Knock Down will interupt even on a graze:

JNTsnwz.jpg

While a fireball needs to crit to interupt:

qb8JooA.jpg

It seems that if an attack meets those conditions an action will be interupted. 

• Like 1

Since we're back to PoE1's concentration system, does Perception gets its Interruption bonus back?

Might is coming back (all damage and healing) and resolve is getting buffed to make up for the loss of concertration. Possible buff to resolve revealed here:

Resolve is being revertd to its POE1 state and, additionally, is receiving a buff because it was meh.

If you are talking about empower/depower from Resolve than it's not a possible buff because

If this design does not pan out, we are likely to revert to Pillars I Might/Resolve

And revert they did.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Resolve is being revertd to its POE1 state and, additionally, is receiving a buff because it was meh.

If you are talking about empower/depower from Resolve than it's not a possible buff because

If this design does not pan out, we are likely to revert to Pillars I Might/Resolve

And revert they did.
I am pretty sure he means moving magic damage&healing back to might, and leaving resolve with deflection and will bonus. Old resolve would mean implimenting interupt and concentration back, which would mean a core redesign of entire Deadfire system. It was entirely different system back in PoE1. Resolve is getting a buff, because without concentration it doesn't provide much value.

EDIT. Right? Having two interrupt systems in play would be really odd.

Edited by Wormerine

It seems that if an attack meets those conditions an action will be interupted. 

Ah! Okay, that's the piece I was missing.

And then the other half of this is having a preventative concentration "shield" to block the potential interrupt, making interrupts maybe a bit more rare but very potent.

dKHid6h.jpg

Edited by bleedthefreak
  • Like 1

Ah! Okay, that's the piece I was missing.

And then the other half of this is having a preventative concentration "shield" to block the potential interrupt, making interrupts maybe a bit more rare but very potent.

dKHid6h.jpg

Ok! So it is a thing. I remembered Josh saying that concentration needs to be taken down before an interrupt will work, but I couldn’t remember if it is in current beta of of it was the concentration tied to resolve system he was thinking about adding.

So yeah, seems like you can prepare to prevent for a potential interrupt. I will keep an eye for those during my next beta playthrough.

Hopefully resolve increasing will, doesn’t add another stat to stack for full casters. We already have perception, intelligence, might, and dexterity to worry about.

Will is a defence stat. deflection is raised by resolve, fortitude is raised by might/strenght and constitution, reflex is raised by dexterity and perception and will is raised by intellect and resolve.