Beta update?

dukeisaac

In hindsight it strikes me as possible the lack of any information on a final beta update before release may be because OBS didn't themselves know how to pull it off, but they clearly value beta tester feedback so maybe the delay is to not only have more time for bug fixes and polish but also in order to get additional feedback from a beta 4. Maybe one of the contributing factors in the delay is the inability to get a beta 4 that's in good shape out to us in a reasonable time before launch?

Nooo delay! Yeee possible beta update, more testing and polish! But nooo delay!

I have found some conflicted feelings within me. Also - Eurogamer cites some kind of statement by Obs (can't find it), all other news are quoting eurogamer.. XXI century news cycle.

Edited by Veevoir
  • Like 2

There goes the extra free time to play on Easter' days off.

But am actually glad they are doing it. It's better to delay than have the devs working in a crunch mode.

Hopefully we'll get a new beta update to fiddle with then?

• Like 1

today?

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

^ The desire to theorycraft and start planning the party intensifies.

Can't though, without the up-to-date info on attributes, cast times and weapon values \

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

The longer it takes to get a new beta, the more time I have to play bg2 and planescape: torment. :)

Actually I haven't played this beta version at all, because, frankly, the mechanics are in too raw a state and I'm not really seeing substantial effort on the part of Obsidian to fix these mechanics in a way that gives me confidence in the process. I am hoping that much will have happened to address the many issues that have been raised for the next update despite the relative lack of communication on their part.

The longer it takes to get a new beta, the more time I have to play bg2 and planescape: torment. :)

Actually I haven't played this beta version at all, because, frankly, the mechanics are in too raw a state and I'm not really seeing substantial effort on the part of Obsidian to fix these mechanics in a way that gives me confidence in the process. I am hoping that much will have happened to address the many issues that have been raised for the next update despite the relative lack of communication on their part.

I feel like beta hasnt been focused on giving us better experience with each update but on giving us stuff to test. Feedback from beta1 still hasn’t been implimented, while we know they have been working on adding more passives for a long time. Makes sense, I think. While might not be satisfying right now, if they fix the stuff for 1.0 it’s all that really matters in the end. At least I am not burning myself out on Deadfire beta.

• Like 4

After some pondering, I'm almost certain there will be another backer beta now (at least).

We have over 50 days until release, and Obsidian get great testing and feedback here that they can consider and adapt to if they want, even if any adjustments will be made after the release at May 8. 

They've absolutely nothing to lose, and especially if Josh wants to fine-tune stats and systemic elements affecting combat - this is a neat place to try such stuff out in.

If he reinstates Might and needs to boost Resolve a bit - just send a beta update this way, and we'll merrily give it a whirl or two.

More backer beta is on the way, mark my words. No guarantees, though.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Any idea whether the devs take a Spring / Easter vacation? Easter is April 1st....

Hopefully the next beta will be released before then. Reverting Strength back to Might doesn't seem like it should be too hard since they just have to change it back and tweak some related things a bit, right? But there are other things to fix....

Edited by SaruNi

delete this post, please.

Edited by mrmonocle

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance