Beta update?

dukeisaac

Maybe they're still figuring out what to do about Strength and Resolve, and waiting to release the update on that account?

But I wish they'd update us about the update....

Edited by SaruNi

Yeah, considering the changes that are already mentioned as planned.. at least one quick last effort round of beta would do some good.

Maybe the results will not make it to release, but can influence direction of Day1 patch.

Did I miss something? Are they looking at changing strength back to might again? If so, can someone please point me in the direction of the source of this information?

Regards,

Koth.

Did I miss something? Are they looking at changing strength back to might again? If so, can someone please point me in the direction of the source of this information?

Regards,

Koth.

https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/171289309831/various-deadfire-changes

Thanks for this, good read. I just wish Josh would consolidate all of this VERY relevant information to the game in the one source. He seems to be spread across all of the interwebs social media. Nevermind, I'm glad I read it. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Regards,

Koth.

Thanks for this, good read. I just wish Josh would consolidate all of this VERY relevant information to the game in the one source. He seems to be spread across all of the interwebs social media. Nevermind, I'm glad I read it. Thanks again.

90% of it shows up in his Twitter feed, in one way or another.  He links major interviews, stream sessions, and Instagram and Tumblr posts.  The exception is his posting in the SomethingAwful thread, which he generally approaches in a more casual "hey, I'm just a normal Goon, participating in the discussion of a game that I happen to also be making" manner. 

Edit:  Should have mentioned that Josh's handle on SA is "rope kid".

Edited by Enoch

I think another beta build before release would be great, not considering the actual bug-chasing etc but for word of mouth to be more shall we say... accurate... to the state of the game on April 3rd. I read Josh tumblr above where he says this is all coming soon and that sounds great... But I would really like to either have a date in hand for a patch or to just come home to the pleasant surprise of Steam having downloaded it. :)

• Like 1

Maybe they missed the first Thursday of the month due to the short Feb month, and today is the day. I really don't quite understand why no one is just saying Yay or Nay to a new beta update, I don't even need a date, or even an estimate. I'd rather someone just came here and said "nope, no more updates" than having to wonder. Maybe the answer is they themselves don't know - but they'd have to make a decision pretty soon, I'd think. 

I'm totally cool if they want to put all their attention on the full release instead of trying to incorporate new stuff into the beta branch, for the record, but I would also like to have some thoughts from some of the more hardcore testers to help at least influence a day 0 patch.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure the next beta is going to be released on April 3rd.

There won't be enough time to adapt any feedback before the release anyway...release is going to be a bit messy.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I'd rather someone just came here and said "nope, no more updates" than having to wonder. Maybe the answer is they themselves don't know - but they'd have to make a decision pretty soon, I'd think. 

Here are some general changes we’ve made that will appear sometime in a future Backer Beta update:

• Like 1

this weekend seems the last viable date before the release. If not tomorrow, then no point updating the beta anymore. I'd rather they concentrate on the finishing touches of the final product.

• Like 3

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I'd rather someone just came here and said "nope, no more updates" than having to wonder. Maybe the answer is they themselves don't know - but they'd have to make a decision pretty soon, I'd think. 

Here are some general changes we’ve made that will appear sometime in a future Backer Beta update:

I had completely forgotten he said those changes were coming to the beta, but I did read that when he posted it. Huh. I wonder what the hold up might be?

It's entirely possible that they were planning to put things out to us, but the need to get all hands on deck for the actual game was more important in the end.

It's entirely possible that they were planning to put things out to us, but the need to get all hands on deck for the actual game was more important in the end.

I would totally buy that, and feel like if they told us the beta updates are done with so they can focus on the game proper not a lot of us would be surprised or disappointed. Certainly that would be better news than a last minute delay.