Beta update?

dukeisaac

• 4 weeks later...

give us an update for the first march weekend, no?

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

In theory it should be today, the redemption website says updates on the first Thursday of every month until release.

It is today! Lets rejoice! And go to sleep. So I can find time and play new beta tomorrow.

We've been bamboozled gentlemen, should I get our pitchforks ready?

In theory it should be today, the redemption website says updates on the first Thursday of every month until release.

It is today! Lets rejoice! And go to sleep. So I can find time and play new beta tomorrow.

Not really, Beta build was released in early February. There was no promise of a new beta this week from Obs,

It is the last possibility for obsidian to gain a last massive return on x or y concept.

If they want to test something for exemple.

So it is extremely important.

Personnally, I will be without concession this time.

I would put myself in the shoes of a child of 3 years and also a casual gamer. And it will hurt : p

If some minigames (: p) have not evolved, if the stacking rules have not evolved etc etc.

Edited by theBalthazar

Not really, Beta build was released in early February. There was no promise of a new beta this week from Obs,

Weren't we promised an update on the first Thursday of every month?

The early February update was on February 1st, which was in fact the first Thursday....

Edited by SaruNi

Weren't we promised an update on the first Thursday of every month?

The early February update was on February 1st, which was in fact the first Thursday....

I had thought that would be the case myself. If that isn't going to happen (or if there is a delay) I hope an OBS can come clear things up because I keep hoping there is going to be a new update to play around with this weekend, and I'd rather stop wondering. Just a simple "nope, next version is the release version" would stop me visiting this thread ever hour. :)

• Like 1

no doubt am gonna be in the minority, but am thinking it would be prudent to not make any changes to the official release build based 'pon feedback o' the anticipated final beta build.  last second changes and fixes, rushed through testing, lead to predictable problems.

reckless assault?  most folks likely do not recall, but a number o' modals were utter borked with the poe release.  save and reload would result in stacking o' bonuses and penalties which were seeming permanent.  took the community more than a few weeks to find a workaround, and took obsidian even longer to fix via a patch.  were a problem not evident in any poe beta build as were a fix envisioned and implemented in smallish widow 'tween final beta and actual release o' poe.

if obsidian is gonna make changes based 'pon feedback from final beta release, am thinking it may be too late to implement and test such changes in a single month, particular as am willing to bet every available obsidian developer man-hour is already accounted, and well and truly stretched. is the real reason josh posted images o' ydwin: he is hoping elves show up and help finish the game during the hour of the wolf.

maybe not exact like the traditional fairytale, but you get the jist.  regardless, obsidian should save changes made in reliance 'pon final beta for the first patch.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

no doubt am gonna be in the minority, but am thinking it would be prudent to not make any changes to the official release build based 'pon feedback o' the anticipated final beta build.  last second changes and fixes, rushed through testing, lead to predictable problems.

reckless assault?  most folks likely do not recall, but a number o' modals were utter borked with the poe release.  save and reload would result in stacking o' bonuses and penalties which were seeming permanent.  took the community more than a few weeks to find a workaround, and took obsidian even longer to fix via a patch.  were a problem not evident in any poe beta build as were a fix envisioned and implemented in smallish widow 'tween final beta and actual release o' poe.

if obsidian is gonna make changes based 'pon feedback from final beta release, am thinking it may be too late to implement and test such changes in a single month, particular as am willing to bet every available obsidian developer man-hour is already accounted, and well and truly stretched. is the real reason josh posted images o' ydwin: he is hoping elves show up and help finish the game during the hour of the wolf.

[video link]

maybe not exact like the traditional fairytale, but you get the jist.  regardless, obsidian should save changes made in reliance 'pon final beta for the first patch.

HA! Good Fun!

I also think there's not enough time to tweak whole systems properly after feedback. But at least we can report game breakers and other bugs that we encounter.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

With the prospect of major changes like Strength reverting back to Might, many beta testers are going to be reluctant to play until the change happens... and if it's not going to happen soon or before release, they should let us know.

Is it possible to still join the beta by paying a price? I cant wait any longer to try playing this game :D

I think so. Though gameplay/character developement will be severly different from whats now in the beta. There have been several announcements how it will change, none of them are in the beta since there wasn't an update. Its possible there won't be any until launch considering its less than a month now, though nobody knows for sure.