I love the physical strategy guide for PoE with its art and background info, etc. I haven’t found any information about them doing something similar for Deadfire, does anyone have more info about this? Or do we expect to see something like it closer to release?

• Like 3

Someone asked back during the Fig campaign and they said they had no current plans for one. I don't blame them. Despite the POE strategy guide being the handsomest strat-guide I've seen in about twenty years, the Internet will make its own complete guide within a week of its release.

• Like 2

Someone asked back during the Fig campaign and they said they had no current plans for one. I don't blame them. Despite the POE strategy guide being the handsomest strat-guide I've seen in about twenty years, the Internet will make its own complete guide within a week of its release.

That's literally never stopped any publisher from pumping out tons of strategy guides for all the major releases. 

I have a collection of hard cover guides, many folks like to collect them, so if they don't make one it would only be because the previous one didn't sell well and they don't want to take a risk on a second one. The first one is gorgeous, though, and I'd love to have the follow-up right next to it on my shelf.

We still have plenty of time for a listing to show up for one though, I'd wager we will indeed get one.

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I'd pay 30-40 dollars for a hardcover strategy guide. I absolutely love them.

Problem was that the strat guide for PoE1 had sections that were really poor quality. Lots of typos, errors (probably because the game changed in between strat guide write-up and game launch), mislabeled maps, etc. Beyond that it also only took a few patches for some of the sections (character-building ones) to become really obsolete. I still used it a bit, but I empathize if they wouldn't invest in another personally.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the physical strategy guide for PoE with its art and background info, etc. I haven’t found any information about them doing something similar for Deadfire, does anyone have more info about this? Or do we expect to see something like it closer to release?

yeah its called following boerers posts on this forum

• Like 1

I came to the table too late for one of the PoE1 strategy guides and I refuse to pay $200 on eBay for one. I really hope they make a physical strategy guide for PoE2.

Yeah, about that....

I can't see anyone being stupid enough to pay that much but hey, it's not my money and someone will probably buy it lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Ordered the book, yeah no news sucks a bit.

Not getting the book on release is going to be sadface.gif, you definitely expect within one month of release for these things but no news is bad news.  Like if you are going to offer it surely you should at least disclose when the strategy guide is in fact coming.  

Prima manages to get their guides out pretty on date to start with, I thought the deal was that these guidebooks are outsourced then 1 bloke comes in and hangs out with the Q/A department and writes the thing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out they created a CE guide for PoE1 about a year after the release and I was disappointed that I didn't know they made one but decided to get one soon as possible to avoid price increase. Definitely want a CE guide for PoE2 as well... very gorgeous item to the collection that I enjoyed reading through. Eagle eyes on this one... there's no way they will say no to creating a 2nd masterpiece.  :yes: