As the release date approaches, I am more and more tempted to play the fun pre-game of planning my party builds. However, for story reasons during the first run I would like to stick with Companions and Sidekicks, and as far as I know we still don't know much about the multiclassing options we will have for them.  

Did I miss any news on this besides what Josh vaguely hinted in the dev stream?  

What are your speculations and hopes on the subject? 

Each companion will have one or two default classes. You must have at least one of those classes on him/her.

Eder has fighter/rogue. This means he can be a single class fighter, a multiclass fighter/something else, a single class rogue or a multi class rogue/something else.

Aloth is a wizard, so he can be a single class wizard or a multi class wizard/something else.

I am not sure if the classes for all companions and sidekicks have been released.

Somebody is working on the PoE2 wiki at the moment.

Each companion will have one or two default classes. You must have at least one of those classes on him/her.

Eder has fighter/rogue. This means he can be a single class fighter, a multiclass fighter/something else, a single class rogue or a multi class rogue/something else.

Aloth is a wizard, so he can be a single class wizard or a multi class wizard/something else.

I am not sure if the classes for all companions and sidekicks have been released.

Somebody is working on the PoE2 wiki at the moment.

- Pallegina is probably going to be a paladin,

- Maia Rua was told to be a ranger with flying companion (dunno about possible second class),

- Serafen was told to be a barbarian/cipher

- about Tekehu I found that he is supposed to be druid/chanter

Thos will probably work the same way as Madscientist said earlier. :3

I’m not 100% sure but, from what I read somewhere a while ago, I think is a bit different.

Let’s take Eder for example. You can’t make him a fighter/priest. He can be only fighter, only rogue or fighter/rogue multi classed.

So it seems that every companion has 2 predefined classes and you can decide how to proceed with those two.

I’d be happy to be wrong though - Eder fighter ranger instantly- the problem is that I can’t find any evidence on any of these 2 theories.

• Like 1

I’m not 100% sure but, from what I read somewhere a while ago, I think is a bit different.

Let’s take Eder for example. You can’t make him a fighter/priest. He can be only fighter, only rogue or fighter/rogue multi classed.

So it seems that every companion has 2 predefined classes and you can decide how to proceed with those two.

I’d be happy to be wrong though - Eder fighter ranger instantly- the problem is that I can’t find any evidence on any of these 2 theories.

Ye i remember somewhere Josh said they would be restricted to a few classes even in multiclass i think it may be more than two like eder but its not many

• Like 1

I have my info from the videos that were posted as official backer update, which was some time ago.

If something new has been posted in the meantime I do not know it. I do not look much into social media.

If you have a link to the info that multi classing companions is more restricted than the stuff I wrote, would you please post it here.

Try to check this video around the 18:20 minute mark: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201311253?t=18m19s

Josh says that for now they support the idea of locking the companions into three possible options: for example, Edèr can be a Figther, a Rogue or a multiclass between the two (Swashbuckler). No other options given.

The same goes for Aloth: he can be pure Wizard, or Wizard/something or Wizard/somethingelse. Only three options that make sense story-wise.

I personally agree with this idea: it would be weird to multiclass Edèr into a shapeshifting druid or Aloth into a chanter skald. After all, we have the custom adventurers to give our best with multiclassing experiments.

• Like 2

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Try to check this video around the 18:20 minute mark: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/201311253?t=18m19s

Josh says that for now they support the idea of locking the companions into three possible options: for example, Edèr can be a Figther, a Rogue or a multiclass between the two (Swashbuckler). No other options given.

The same goes for Aloth: he can be pure Wizard, or Wizard/something or Wizard/somethingelse. Only three options that make sense story-wise.

This is also the latest news on the topic I knew of. By now, however, it is very vague and tentative news: I sincerely hope they will tell us more on this in the near future. 

Personally I understand the rationale behind the decision to somewhat limit the multiclassing options, so that they respect the character's identity and storyline. However, I have to say that having 2-3 options only is more limiting than I wished for. I hope the final set of options will be more generous. I am persuaded more variety could be acceptable without breaking anything. Actually, it could be more interesting character wise. Like: depending on your world state at the end of PoE1, Edér being a Fighter/Priest of Eothas would make more sense than him being a Fighter/Rogue...

Anybody know if Tekehu will have a unique spiritshift? Like how Hiravias could become a Stelgaer in POE1?

Cheers

Wereshark

Really? 

Are there any links i can check out about this?

Cheers

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-ii-director-interview.aspx?utm_content=buffer4fafa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Second page. :3

Anybody know if Tekehu will have a unique spiritshift? Like how Hiravias could become a Stelgaer in POE1?

Cheers

Wereshark

Really? 

Are there any links i can check out about this?

Cheers

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-ii-director-interview.aspx?utm_content=buffer4fafa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Second page. :3

Cheers.

Ive noticed though. Josh says ''regardless of what class you pick for him, he has the ability to turn into a wereshark''

Does that mean if you choose to have Tekeku as a solo chanter, you'd still be able to spiritshift? Am i reading this right? Maybe Tekeku as a druid will be able to spiritshift AND the ability to turn into a wereshark? Like two separate abilities?

Edited by Gary1986

Any news on the topic? I kinda have the bad feeling that the endless class possibilities could be heavily hampered by how the companion are handled...

Since their number is very low, i hope they give us at least some flexibility. I know they will have suboptimal stats and i can be ok with that. I just hope we wont be forced to play with the mindless mercenaries (ot whatever the custom npcs are called) to have a decent party.

Only three options that make sense story-wise.

I support this too, but I'd like it to be reactive for the returning companions based on decisions you made in the first game. If you got the "Night Market" ending for Eder, why can't Fighter/Priest be one of his class options?

Even for a new character, like Maia who only has one class, it would be cool if choices you make involving her open up a specific multiclass option.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Only three options that make sense story-wise.

I support this too, but I'd like it to be reactive for the returning companions based on decisions you made in the first game. If you got the "Night Market" ending for Eder, why can't Fighter/Priest be one of his class options?

Even for a new character, like Maia who only has one class, it would be cool if choices you make involving her open up a specific multiclass option.

I second that opinion. In game choices/accomplishments opening up some Easter Egg class options would be awesome. For example if Eder sticks his dagger into a certain hole in a tree that has a bees nest inside of it he should get a new option to become a berserker. Or a Chanter subclass that screams a lot. Is there a Howler subclass?

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.