First goes a result <div> container for mainhand, then one for offhand. Thus I am showing mh_att - mh_rec/rel - oh_att - oh-rec/rel.

Technically I can add additional logic and change the order when firearms are dual-wielded. Should I?

Ingame it goes like this: shoot, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, and so on. But gotta check the order of hands.

Edited by MaxQuest

First goes a result <div> container for mainhand, then one for offhand. Thus I am showing mh_att - mh_rec/rel - oh_att - oh-rec/rel.

Technically I can add additional logic and change the order when firearms are dual-wielded. Should I?

Ingame it goes like this: shoot, shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, and so on. But gotta check the order of hands.

Ok, that's what I thought.

I'd suggest depicting shoot / reload / shoot / reload for clarity, unless you add a time slider and a DPS calculator to turn this into a general attack calculator not a speed calc.

That hopefully means recovery’s going back to where it was, at the very least.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Not really. It's just a slider for the overall game speed. I hope you can make it really, really fast. I hate it when you have to run around doing "bring-X-from-A-to-B-quests" in a town and the guys are running sooo slowly. "A walk in the park - like steps in the quark"...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I meant, since people will be able to slow things down with the slider, there will be no need for the devs to keep weapon recovery at 4s. It would make sense to revert the change back to beta2 values.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I think that beta version 3 is more balanced than the ones before.

I could live with the current speed if can speed up or slow down things with a slider. Is this slider for combat only or does it change the speed in general?

I still think it is a bug that armor does not influence reload speed.

I also still think that many spells are too slow ( * looking at summoned weapons, but not only those *). I never learn spells with more than 3 sec casting time, unless the effect of the spell is really powerful.

• 1 month later...

With the recent beta update, beta version 4, there has been a nerf with respect to dual welding: the recovery time is no longer reduced by 50% but by 30%. This means that the new dual welding recovery step is no longer 1/0.5 - 1 = 2 - 1 = 1. Its value is now 1/0.7 - 1 = 1.428 - 1 = 0.428

Also I think that the two weapon style step is not 1.2 - 1 = 0.2 (as I've seen in some examples) but 1/0.8 - 1 = 0.25. Or am I misunderstanding something?

• Like 1

With the recent beta update, beta version 4, there has been a nerf with respect to dual welding: the recovery time is no longer reduced by 50% but by 30%. This means that the new dual welding recovery step is no longer 1/0.5 - 1 = 2 - 1 = 1. Its value is now 1/0.7 - 1 = 1.428 - 1 = 0.428

This was actually done in update #2 (i.e. backer's beta 3). Somehow previous patch notes made their way in the new one ^^

From this point of view the calculator is up to date, as I'm already using 1/0.7.

Also I think that the two weapon style step is not 1.2 - 1 = 0.2 (as I've seen in some examples) but 1/0.8 - 1 = 0.25. Or am I misunderstanding something?

I have checked the statuseffects.gamedatabundle and the value is indeed 0.8. Will have to check also in game how it's taken into account.
  • Like 1

Seconding both the general concerns above about recovery times being too slow, particularly in heavy armour, and the specific concern on armoured grace being nerfed.

Long recovery times make the game unresponsive and reduces fun - your PC might have just attacked/cast a spell, prompting an epic wait to be able to use a potion/rapid recovery/spell to respond to changing conditions elsewhere on the battlefield (for example, if an ally is injured/charmed etc). I'd much prefer things to be closer to the pace of Pillars 1.

The combat slider doesn't really help here, as this is a balance/fun issue rather than a "style of play" preference.