Sadly, I did not backed Obsidian this time with PoE2 because of these HUGE disappointments of late (DAI, FO4, Andromeda and a lot others) so I don't have access to the backer beta. 

I have one question for the people who do have access: What is the state of character customization?

I'm not talking about appearance, I'm talking about talents, skills, etc. The first PoE had a huge lack of talents, my characters always ended up looking the same and it was kind of a turn off for me, but I kept playing. Is this true for PoE2 as well? Am I delusional for expecting a NWN2 feat variety in PoE2? It would be awesome to make the same class play totally different like NWN2.

Thank you in advance.

Sadly, I did not backed Obsidian this time with PoE2 because of these HUGE disappointments of late (DAI, FO4, Andromeda and a lot others) so I don't have access to the backer beta. 

I have one question for the people who do have access: What is the state of character customization?

I'm not talking about appearance, I'm talking about talents, skills, etc. The first PoE had a huge lack of talents, my characters always ended up looking the same and it was kind of a turn off for me, but I kept playing. Is this true for PoE2 as well? Am I delusional for expecting a NWN2 feat variety in PoE2? It would be awesome to make the same class play totally different like NWN2.

Thank you in advance.

There's more customization in PoE2 than PoE, but it is better? I think it's better but I'm sure a lot of people are still not satisfied. It all comes down to personal preferences after all.

Try checking out some character creation stream on youtube or twitch. Maybe that will enlighten you.

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I'll do that. I just hope the game will not be disappointing considering every releases that we are getting, especially RPG's.  The dual class system gave another level for customization, but I was really hoping for way more talents to choose. Well, at this point I think I'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you.

Right now attributes are the same level of customisation, skills are divided between active and inactive and have two different pools, talents aren't in the beta (yet?), every class gets one ability at level up(multiclasses get two for every new power level, which means 7 more over 20 levels), and subclasses mean 4 variations on most classes (Priests and Paladin have 5, Wizards have 6). Disregarding other mechanical issues, it would be better if Talents were added, if Wizards got the same treatment as Priests and Paladins, and if some subclasses weren't ****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands