Psychich Backlash/ Brutal Backlash and the Alpine Dragon

It stuns him..that has to be a bug? I just beat the Alpine Dragon and a few times in the encounter he was stunned with the psychic backlash debuff. Has to be a bug eh? I did not go into that fight thinking it would stun him I was just banking on free raw damage from Brutal Backlash. *shrug* Between that, my Paladin tanking with the Go-Between Helm, Zealous Endurance and the Alpine Dragon being permanently proned cause of marking + Coordinated attacks and Eder Knock downs, and Sun Lances (boss killer spell) from the druid he had no shot. Tidefall + Eder was hitting him for 31 Pierce a swing. That is a lot for a Dragon that has a lot of DR.

Oh he also confused him/herself with the Captains Hat. I guess the fear aura counts a hit? I didn’t cast a confuse spell and it counted as a confuse for leveling the hat lol.

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Yes, it's a bug. The stun from Psychic Backlash is not a real stun - it only disables but does not lower defenses and also does not count when it comes to Sneak Attack. Thus, the immunity of the dragon does not work.

The major damage of Tidefall would have been from the wounding I guess. Wounding damage gets calculated on the damage roll pre DR - so against dragons the woundig damage is often higher than the actual physical damage that makes it through the dragon's DR.

Yes, fear auras of all sorts will trigger a confuse-retaliation from the Company Captain's Cap if they crit (what they do all the time). :)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Mildly interesting: Psychic Backlash used to trigger only once per encounter, and was a really meh passive. But from around v3.02? it started to have no limit, and became beyond must-have, and probably even too OP.

There was also a patch when all weapon based prone and stuns were changed to behave like regular prone and stuns. Seems like Backlash was missed)

Mildly interesting: Psychic Backlash used to trigger only once per encounter, and was a really meh passive. But from around v3.02? it started to have no limit, and became beyond must-have, and probably even too OP.

There was also a patch when all weapon based prone and stuns were changed to behave like regular prone and stuns. Seems like Backlash was missed)

Ya for dragons its ridiculous cause of the Fear aura, they just stun themselves constantly and its an unlimited times per encounter.

Have gun will travel.

Yes. Seems there no central stun affliction that gets used but instead the effect either gets composed from several components every time you need a stun - or the affliction got copy & pasted.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods