White March events in PoE2

I'd like to ask devs if White March events will be mentioned in PoE2. I didn't play WM expansion and I'd like to know if in my case there will be incoherences in the POE2 plot or in dialogues mentioning White March events. I hope devs have avoided this for PoE2.

Thanks in advance.

If you played White March your choices in it will be transferred into Deadfire - that much is confirmed. How much those will be reference remains to be seen. As usual, previous save or experience with PoE is not required for Deadfire.

If you didn’t play WM i recommend grabbing it, loading pre-sun in Shadow auto save and giving it a go. It is by far the best content PoE has to offer.

• Like 7

I'd like to ask devs if White March events will be mentioned in PoE2. I didn't play WM expansion and I'd like to know if in my case there will be incoherences in the POE2 plot or in dialogues mentioning White March events. I hope devs have avoided this for PoE2.

Thanks in advance.

It is as Wormerine says. I will add however, that you really, really must pick it up and play it. It's really good. You won't regret it.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 5

You have nothing to lose playing the WM 1 & 2, and even if you picked a character you didn't really like for some reason (wrong class, background, gender, etc), IIRC, you get to keep your choices from your PoE1 save, but when starting PoE2, your character automagically can be transmogrified into what you want to play in PoE2. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It is as Wormerine says. I will however, that you really, really must pick it up and play it. It's really good. You won't regret it.

Seconded, it's an excellent expansion.

Thirded. Great stuff and well worth your time!

Fourthed. Grabs you way harder than the main game.

• Like 4

Thanks for your fast answers, but I don't find appealing to go jump back to WM and return to sun in shadows and play the final battle.

I hope that final saved games fron PoE will be coherent in PoE2 no matter you play or not WM.

You go play WM, then return to Sun in Shadows, you don't scale it up and finish it in 5 mins tops (because you're gonna be overpowered). That's what I did. Don't let your boredom of replaying SiS keep you away from WM 'cause it won't be a problem at the end. It's a must.

• Like 1

It is as Wormerine says. I will however, that you really, really must pick it up and play it. It's really good. You won't regret it.

Seconded, it's an excellent expansion.

Thirded. Great stuff and well worth your time!

Fourthed. Grabs you way harder than the main game.

I agree 200%

The music that plays in the Iron Flail compound is pretty awesome. Sounds like ****s about to hit the fan at any minute.

I also agree 200%!

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I think i liked the expansion more than the original game (the enconunters and the maps, not the story, altough WM story was a good one). Try it. If after playing it you feel overpowered then choose that option that scales encounters for those who play WM. I didnt, because I like to feel powerful for all the "troubles" I have been through. He, he.

Edited by No idea

Thanks for your fast answers, but I don't find appealing to go jump back to WM and return to sun in shadows and play the final battle.

I hope that final saved games fron PoE will be coherent in PoE2 no matter you play or not WM.

The only way you can get an ending save game that's not coherent for import into Deadfire is the weird edge-case where you complete WM1, but not WM2.