Favorite Video Game Trailers

Katphood

Dang, my nostalgia meter is through the roof:

Never know why people ended up hating this game so much, but this trailer is awesome:

Ocarina of Time promo trailer:

^still have this babe on a VHS promo tape for the N64, took me some time to find it on YouTube though  :lol:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Never know why people ended up hating this game so much, but this trailer is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN7W3-_uTQY

Recently talked about this game on another forum!

Loved both Lords Of Shadows games, I think alot of people just couldn't get over themselves having the fear and problem with the fact that Castlevania was moving to a 3D space.

In reality the 3D Castlevania games were just as good as the old ones by any defense but if a fan-bases allow their bitterness to keep them from enjoying new games and embracing something different then the games will flop. That's what hapened here and now that community blames the devs and pubs for killing off the Castlevania legacy when it's only the community's fault for not liking good 3D games and accepting where the franchise was going lol

Now thanks to that, we might not ever get a Castlevania game again - hopefully I'm wrong. Thankfully we have indie spiritual successors though which make up for the rowdy community/fanboys ruining things :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

As a Dishonored fan, I must suggest these as among the better ones:

[Youtube]

[Youtube]

As one comment read: "This is one of the few games where its trailer is actually an accurate depiction of the game itself."

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

trailer included a different composer than most o' the game and much trailer content never made it into the release. no gameplay neither.  even so, we were well and fully hooked with the trailer. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My favorite recent trailer?

My favorite "retro" trailer (wow... it's considered retro already LOL!)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Dead Island (too bad the game sucked). I'm not sure which I found more affecting, the original or when IGN reversed it to be in chronological order.

Borderlands 2 Doomsday trailer (too much fun).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This is possibly one of greatest trailers I've seen:

Yeah, I know: when the trailer ends being better than the actual game.

EDIT: 

The trailer for SCORN is pretty sick!

EDIT 2:

The original Dishonored had an awesome trailer:

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Haven't played the game but the "killing monsters" trailer for The Witcher 3 is one of the best game trailers ever.

Also love the KickStarter pitch video for Wasteland 2. Not really a trailer but that is easily my favorite pitch.

• Like 1

Ok, I'm kidding.

In terms of trailers that got me really excited when I first saw them, Diablo3 was one. Loved the music too.

Their cinematic trailers are often delicious, even if they have nothing to do with actual gameplay. lol.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While there is no trailer yet to play the Cyberpunk 2077 one is pretty awesome to me.

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

trailer included a different composer than most o' the game and much trailer content never made it into the release. no gameplay neither.  even so, we were well and fully hooked with the trailer. 

HA! Good Fun!

Hooked me too.  Then I was disappointed by the lack of a green giant walking through woods in the game.

I really enjoyed the Gamescon trailer for the upcoming WiLD game (although I don't know if the finished game will be any good, the trailer definitely piqued my interest.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I liked the new Prey but I still dream of what it could have been. Plus more trailers need Johnny Cash in them

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

HA! Good Fun!

That does sound more like the original concept music by Brian Williams than Mark Morgan's work - is that the case? There used to be downloads of his work for the game on the Interplay website circa the late 90s and early 2000s (that I have copies of), but this trailer's music was not included. Too bad, too, since I came in thinking that I couldn't really remember any trailers, and instantly remembered the entirety of that trailer when I saw you posted it, even though it's been forever since I saw it.

This one from Icewind Dale isn't quite as memorable. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.