Deadfire Physical Edition Obsidian Mockup (THQ Nordic)

This would have been great for April fool's :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Now craving

Also it's interesting that, as far as I'm aware, that picture gives us the clearest idea of the general area/composition/map of Deadfire so far too, as well as a vague notion of how many islands there'll be to explore and so on. Looks good.

You're mistaken, I think it's going to be wayyy bigger than what is shown here.

Because :

• "Pictures are for illustrative purposes only".  :thumbsup:

So, I bet that's not the actual Cloth Map. At least, not representative of the Deadfire Archipelago.

I just compared this to the beta World Map, and there's nothing alike in this picture, that fits the small Islands Layout that's in the Game.

Plus, scale wise, the game would be pretty small if that's an accurate Cloth Map of the game. [which I definitely think it's not]

Anyway, just the mention above proves it's just a random drawing, I can't wait to see the real one !

:yes:

• Like 1

Now craving

Also it's interesting that, as far as I'm aware, that picture gives us the clearest idea of the general area/composition/map of Deadfire so far too, as well as a vague notion of how many islands there'll be to explore and so on. Looks good.

You're mistaken, I think it's going to be wayyy bigger than what is shown here.

Because :

• "Pictures are for illustrative purposes only".  :thumbsup:

So, I bet that's not the actual Cloth Map. At least, not representative of the Deadfire Archipelago.

I just compared this to the beta World Map, and there's nothing alike in this picture, that fits the small Islands Layout that's in the Game.

Plus, scale wise, the game would be pretty small if that's an accurate Cloth Map of the game. [which I definitely think it's not]

Anyway, just the mention above proves it's just a random drawing, I can't wait to see the real one !

:yes:

You mean the layout that's in the beta? Possibly. I have tried to not watch the beta playthroughs too attentively as I don't want to overly spoil myself. As for the size/scope, I can see how that map would seem more contrained but then we can't really gauge the scale too easily, and so it could well be that we could find four or five unique locations in the larger islands opposite to just two or three. Though I could be wrong, of course.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

You mean the layout that's in the beta? Possibly. I have tried to not watch the beta playthroughs too attentively as I don't want to overly spoil myself. As for the size/scope, I can see how that map would seem more contrained but then we can't really gauge the scale too easily, and so it could well be that we could find four or five unique locations in the larger islands opposite to just two or three. Though I could be wrong, of course.

Yeah yeah Algroth, that's what I meant, [about the Layout].

I understand what you say about Size & Scope, but really,

compared to how it plays in the beta (without spoiling you), & what in this picture, it's night and day.

[Again, trying to not spoil you  ;)]

It's hard to describe so forgive my non-native English Speaking here, but in the Beta, when you travel, you can "feel it's huge", when you sail

from the "Village Island" to the "Ruins Island", if you know what I mean.

Whereas here, everything looks contained & closer, and the feeling of travel would really leave an impression that everything is really too close.

[by that, I mean the space between each islands...].

When it's actually not the case in the Game. Only a tiny portion of the whole World Map is available to us at the moment.

One Village > One Ruins > Some Islands, and yet, eveything feels so big when you move around.

[Damn I really don't know how to express myself xD]

In a way, I almost can assure you it's not representative of the final product, by the said mention above & how it feels in the Game.

That was tedious, Hope that's clear enough Haha !  :lol:

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 1

Looks good! Very curious what the backer CE is going to look like :)

I sort of expected the Obsidian Edition to include a printed manual, though.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus