Missing GUI

Lotzi

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm running on a Mac, and I see that there are TWO data folders one with a capital 'D' and one lower-case.  They both have sub-folders and files in them, but the lower-case one does NOT have a 'localized' folder although the capitalized one does.  My suspicion is that there should be only one data folder, and that the installer is putting different files into the two different folders when it should be putting all files into the same folder.

The relevant lines from my Unity output log are these:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/Volumes/SteamLib/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/data/localized' not found.
  at System.IO.Directory.GetFileSystemEntries (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, FileAttributes mask, FileAttributes attrs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories (System.String path, System.String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StringTableManager.LoadLanguages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StringTableManager.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GameState.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

One example file that is in the lower-case data folder is an audio file for the 'angry townswoman' named 'px2_00_cv_rabble_rouser_0136.wav' - this should be enough for the developers to identify which DLC is installing into the incorrect location.  (I am presuming that the capitalized data folder is the correct one since it contains the vast majority of files, including the 'localization' folder...)

I have now unibstalled, reinstalled, then 'merged' the two data directories together such that I have only the lower-case one containing all the data from both, then created a symbolic link so that all the data is available no matter whether you use a capital 'D' or not:

ln -s Data /Volumes/SteamLib/steamapps/common/Pillars\ of\ Eternity/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/data

This APPEARS to have worked, although I am not sure how to verify that all the DLC is active...

Edited by Hedrik
Updated with apparent solution