Looking to create a char for a later import in PoE2

But if you import into Deadfire: wouldn't you want to have Edér & Aloth in the party as well? I mean they are the ones that will make a reappearence as companion in Deadfire after all, together with Pallegina. Or just doing their quests and then park them in the stronghold?

Tidefall on a barbarian is pretty good. AoE draining + wounding = lots of fun. For a fighter I like dual wielding better because of Knockdown (Full Attack) and later Charge (finishes with a Full Attack - without animation - at the target).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I've just met Maerwald with the barb. I got a question that might sound a bit... dumb: Is this barb ever gonna do something more than just crush skulls? I'd like him to do something more, and I don't wanna delete him, because the background and the lore fit PERFECTLY for a later import in PoE2. Moreover, I'd like to change weapon from time to time, and use Firebrand just in harsh fights.. can I do this? 

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

Is this barb ever gonna do something more than just crush skulls?

:lol:

He will certainly not learn to play the banjo or something. ;)

You can switch weapons as you like. There are plenty of two handers. But the purpose of all weapons is to crush skulls basically.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nooooo... playing the banjo while raging was my goal! :) I'll try to get a weapon focus that opens to some good weapons then..

- There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary code, and those who don't. - 

I've just met Maerwald with the barb. I got a question that might sound a bit... dumb: Is this barb ever gonna do something more than just crush skulls? I'd like him to do something more, and I don't wanna delete him, because the background and the lore fit PERFECTLY for a later import in PoE2. Moreover, I'd like to change weapon from time to time, and use Firebrand just in harsh fights.. can I do this? 

This is why i played a version of this barb build, golden dragon tank. So i could do a little more than just attack

Edited by draego

It's a bit too min maxed for me... did you also intervene on the stats? Which version did you play?

I see. What things does that barb do that I can't with mine? Mine is a little less tanky but it retaliates..

Not sure what all you are building but the active abilities i used. This may not be all that different but i enjoyed it.

Barbaric Yell

Savage Defiance

Barbaric Shout

Dragon Leap

Heart of Fury

maybe barbaric blow also if need more abilities

I also had heavier armor like Sun-Touched Mail of Hyran Rath with spell sunbeam which is pretty good.

Edited by draego

Well Draego, you can see what I do right now on page 4 in Boeroer's post.. it's his doing after all, I just took the idea from him. 

I guess anyway.. barbarians are born to kill. The one I have does it in a "fiery" way.. :)

Boeroer's answer was quite right... he won't learn to play banjo, alas. I can make him a trapspringer maybe... or a good "mouth" for the group.. but I fear not much more.

But if you import into Deadfire: wouldn't you want to have Edér & Aloth in the party as well?

I used both with my future Mindstalker and Warlock (or Battlemage) and want to use other members or possibly sacrifice them.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well Draego, you can see what I do right now on page 4 in Boeroer's post.. it's his doing after all, I just took the idea from him. 

I guess anyway.. barbarians are born to kill. The one I have does it in a "fiery" way.. :)

Boeroer's answer was quite right... he won't learn to play banjo, alas. I can make him a trapspringer maybe... or a good "mouth" for the group.. but I fear not much more.

And that's why I'm considering a pally, just don't know which one. I just can't stand "simple" characters, and the paladin that was proposed some posts ago wasn't bad. Moreover, unusual uses (sorry for repeating) of FoD make me haaappyyy!! So maybe a pally I should try.. And if it retaliates (dunno if it viable) all the better.

Add:

I also have a particular liking for cross-class talents.

Add2:

If I strike with 2 weapons with FoD does the Sheperd trigger twice? (prolly not, but...who knows..) 

Edited by Slack83er

I really liked my paladin. I took your advice and used Firebrand ... it was awesome! So, thanks for the tip. I was level 7 it was just starting to get really good.

Why am I talking in past tense? Well, some sort of crash ate all my save games, including my very first character and my beloved druid.

I'm thinking about creating and eventually importing a (ranged) Druid into Deadfire, then maybe multiclassing as Druid/Ranger.

I'm trying to decide whether to be a Human or a Nature Godlike. Humans get a damage and accuracy bonus (and the ability to wear hats), but Nature Godlikes get a sweet boost to Power Level (not to mention that a Nature Godlike druid just makes sense).

Any thoughts?