Pallegina POE1 Ending question (Spoilers)

Hi. Im not sure how to hide what ive wrote so i figured id just include ''Spoilers'' in the title. Hope thats ok.

Ok well my problem is this, im trying to prepare my POE latest game so it all has the right endings i want on every aspect so i can carry it forward to POE2: Deadfire.

The thing is Pallegina has her unique Paladin subclass.

Now if you never do her personal quest it seems she gets kicked out of her paladin order, hence you would probably have to pick her a normal paladin subclass when you meet her again in POE2.  (1st ending)

Now if you obey the order in her personal quest, then everything is cool on the 2 next different endings she can have, which means she will obviously still be in her paladin subclass. (2nd + 3rd ending)

The next ending happens if you disobey the order and she joins the Kind Wayfarers paladin subclass. (4th ending)

Now here is my dilemma. I want to do her fifth ending, but this one is slightly strange, cause it involves disobeying the order during her personal quest, but doing another thing differently. In this ending she gets removed from her unique paladin order (like in the 4th ending) BUT she eventually gets pardoned.

So my question is this, if she gets pardoned does that mean she rejoins the order so that by POE2: Deadfire she is still in her unique paladin subclass? Or are the results the same as never doing her personal quest I.E you have to pick a normal paladin subclass for her when you meet her again in POE2?

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_endings#Pallegina

Cheers

Edited by Gary1986

From what Josh said, the ending will have an impact on who your characters are in Deadfire.

If you suppressed Isomnir in PoE Aloth will be just Aloth. If you didn’t she still will be her (even having special voice lines)

A do believe that Pallegina’s class and reason of being in Deadfire will change depending on her ending in PoE.

If you killed companions they won’t appear in Deadfire.

As of OP posts: if Pallegina decided to disobey and you used stolen souls to strengthen people on Dyrwood, she should be back in the Order for Deadfire.

If you never finish her quest, she will be.... a fighter? Fig update about returning companions says 'Regardless, Vailian interests pull her into the archipelago, whether as an elite champion, a disgraced soldier, or a humble Kind Wayfarer.' 

Or maybe disgraced soldier is a paladin without order? Elite champion is Brotherhood one and Kind Wayfarers happen when she disobeys orders.

Edited by White Phoenix

My decision made Pallegina a Kind Wayfarer as well. Which I'll stick with for roleplaying reasons.

However I'm assuming her unique ability 'wrath of the five suns' will no longer be available, which is a big downside if correct.

I guess there's always a second playthrough where like in Tyranny we can choose what happened at the end of POE1 at the beginning of Deadfire with a new, non continued game.

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I hope there will be "Strange Mercy" again for Kind Wayfarers again...? In the current state of the beta paladins are great damage dealers. So the "kill for heals" approach might be way better than in PoE1. Still sad to lose Wrath of the Five Suns I guess. :) 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I hope there will be "Strange Mercy" again for Kind Wayfarers again...? In the current state of the beta paladins are great damage dealers. So the "kill for heals" approach might be way better than in PoE1. Still sad to lose Wrath of the Five Suns I guess. :)

It will be interesting to see and yes, current Paladins should benefit much more if this is implemented (if, which I pray they're not, they aren't nerfed before release).

Personally my main character will most likely include Kind Wayfarer, so ideally I didn't want to double up, or lose a unique flaming projectile attack!

Edited by PneumaticFire

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

I wasn't even aware Pallegina had this many endings, she's one of my favorite characters. She always became a kind wayfarer in my games. Which I actually like. From that position it makes a lot of sense she would be in Pillars 2 as well. Don't see why she would leave (to travel with the Watcher again) when she's rose the ranks in the Republics.

I wasn't even aware Pallegina had this many endings, she's one of my favorite characters. She always became a kind wayfarer in my games. Which I actually like. From that position it makes a lot of sense she would be in Pillars 2 as well. Don't see why she would leave (to travel with the Watcher again) when she's rose the ranks in the Republics.

Valian Republics will be one of the factions fighting for control over Deadfire, and she will be there on Valian business. 

Cool, sounds like Obsidian thought of everything. :)

There was interesting bit on stream when Josh was explaining on how they decided who should return as companions. If I remember well, from the very beginning they were set on 3 returning characters. So he gathered all writers in the room and they decided that:

1) Edèr due to his ties to Eothas

2) Pallegina due to her ties (or past ties) to Valians

3) Aloth due to his business with Leaden Key (with or against depending on ending)

Will she get an order besides her original or KW if those endings weren't met? I'm struggling to see GK or BW Pallegina.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Will she get an order besides her original or KW if those endings weren't met? I'm struggling to see GK or BW Pallegina.

Eh, i don't think she should, i mean, in MOST of her endings she stays in her order.

It's just one of them where she leaves to join the Kind Wayfarers and another one where she is exiled and becomes a caravan guard (so i'd assume she'd end up being a simple Fighter class or maybe a Goldpact Paladin? Since they're the most mercenary of them all)