Can Korean gamers play POE2 in Korean on April 4?

According to Steam's languages list, Korean language is excluded.

We couldn't play POE1 in Korean until half a year later.

If the same thing happened again this time, I would be very angry.

Edited by Gyo-Chul Jin
  • Like 6

If you're angry for playing it half a year later what should people from countries that it won't even be translated do?

If you're angry for playing it half a year later what should people from countries that it won't even be translated do?

But this situation is not same like PoE1

PoE2 Korean version was fledge goal.

If we cannot play PoE2 Korean version in the release date, I think this is wrong.

• Like 6

Let me get this straight.

Korean backers pledged for official Korean localization, which has no subscribe or platform limit, on release day.

It was pledge goal (2.4M$). So, technically, we (Koreans) already paid for it.

Yesterday, Obsidian removed Korean local sign on Steam PoE2 page.

and Obsidian said, Korean version will be distributed by H2 interactive, and H2 ONLY.

That means, if you don't buy KR sub package or key, you don't get the Korean local.

Ofc, it excluding backers, but still... backers didn't want this.

Because it looks like Obsidian double selling Korean local right.

(like I said, we already paid for it... then H2 got the monopoly right? WTF?)

H2 interactive has many history about delayed or wrong translation. and monopolized Korean sub.

Korean backers pledged for NOT having this kind of issues.

We wanted release day Korean local.

We wanted no limited Korean local with any subscriptions

We wanted no limited Korean local with any platforms.

As far as we knows, it's all betrayed.

Yes, many Korean backers are angry now, including me.

Edited by thunderbeast
  • Like 4

I can understand you to a point, although getting angry over a video game is beyond me, especially since you'll have you localization version without paying extra.

Promising something and then changing it is another thing, though. And I still believe that the "no publishers" attitude for going crowdfunding is total BS from them. They did it with the first game, they're doing it again. The geek industry, as I like to call it, including board games, comics etc has found its golden egg laying goose: crowdfunding platforms. They invest squat (since funding comes from geeks directly) and they profit limitless. No other industry can do that because geeks are loyal to unimportant stuff such as geek stuff and fanboyism/fangirlism reign supreme :p

Now, that isn't necessary a bad thing per se, since you get what you back and others then buy a finished product that they, supposedly, like, and there are also small groups/companies who really need that kickstart, but, at least for the larger ones (and that includes Obsidian), let's call it for what it really is, no? ;)

Edited by Sedrefilos

Promising something and then changing it is another thing, though. And I still believe that the "no publishers" attitude for going crowdfunding is total BS from them. They did it with the first game, they're doing it again. The geek industry, as I like to call it, including board games, comics etc has found its golden egg laying goose: crowdfunding platforms. They invest squat (since funding comes from geeks directly) and they profit limitless. No other industry can do that because geeks are loyal to unimportant stuff such as geek stuff and fanboyism/fangirlism reign supreme :p

At a same time, there were attempts to go without crowdfudning after the sequel, which, for unknown reason, didn’t pan out. Tyranny is one such example. Banner Saga 2 is the other. I think it was Banner Saga folks who mentioned how much advertising crowdfunding gives to the game.

At a same time, there were attempts to go without crowdfudning after the sequel, which, for unknown reason, didn’t pan out. Tyranny is one such example. Banner Saga 2 is the other. I think it was Banner Saga folks who mentioned how much advertising crowdfunding gives to the game.

Eh, "here, play again our last year game to go to a frozen village and wait  a few months more to return and finish it again" and "here, play a 20-hour rpg about being cool being evil" are reasons enough I think :p

Edited by Sedrefilos

Vote with your wallet. Not your posts :)

I hope Korea has lots of franks n beans, I'm always hungry for me franks n beans

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

H2 interactive has many history about delayed or wrong translation. and monopolized Korean sub.

Korean backers pledged for NOT having this kind of issues. This would have bother me a lot

We wanted release day Korean local. Here, I suspect I could wait a bit, not that much of a biggie

We wanted no limited Korean local with any subscriptions I can see why

We wanted no limited Korean local with any platforms. And so you should have, ideally

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Eh, "here, play again our last year game to go to a frozen village and wait a few months more to return and finish it again" and "here, play a 20-hour rpg about being cool being evil" are reasons enough I think :p

I might be missing a point you are making, but I found Tyranny to be very enjoyable, though I admit, Deadfire crowdfunding made me play it. I am yet to play Banner Saga2 even though I enjoyed the first game a lot, and I am hearing that the sequel is just straight up better.

Those games probably lack advertising push. I am not sure how o advertise them without spending bunch of cash on fake trailers, and they are not YouTube material for streamers to promote them.

I think Divinity2 did a good job making game feel exciting via YouTube, though playing through it now - I am sure it is lots of fun in coop, but as a singleplayer experience it doesn’t hold up too well.

But back to the thread: “yeah, I recommend asking devs directly what’s going on with promised Korean translation.”

Edited by Wormerine

I remember when i use to play Shining Force 3 : Scenario 1 over and over again while waiting for the off chance they'd release Scenario 2 and 3 in English. It wasnt until i was in my mid twenties that i had to find a translation patch online and then play them. 

Living in England during the 90s and having JRPGS or Japanese Adventure/Turn-Based type games as your favourite genre wasn't good haha. Not many games were ever translated. Yeah you had Vandal Hearts, Suikoden, Dragon Force 1 (but not 2) that came out, but now I'm older i end up finding all the games and series that i never even knew about due to them never being translated. (People have now made translation patches for most)

Now on Steam if a game isnt translated to a persons specific language they lose their minds haha.

(This post isnt aimed at OP cause it was confirmed that it will be in Korean, so i get that he backed it with the knowledge it would be in Korean)

Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

We want to update our backers on Korean-language support for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. As promised, backers will receive a Steam or GOG key directly from Obsidian (through the Backer Portal) for the Korean language version of the game. We expect that this translation will be available either on release day, or shortly thereafter. Retail purchasers of the Korean version of Pillars II can get it directly from our Korean-language partners, H2 Interactive.

Apologies for taking so long to respond to you guys.

• Like 5

I do not speak korean, but anyway:

- Will we be able to change the language in game (like PoE1)?

- Does it mean that other languages can be added later without problems?

For the koreans if it comes not on release day, but also for community translations ( like the improved german translation I used in PoE1).

What is this new new trend in american english putting "guys" after "you" all the time? :blink:

This is not a new trend and has been this way since I was a child in the early 80s. It's simply referring to a group of individuals regardless of gender and is commonly used by both sexes. In fact, my mother and both my sisters' use this term constantly; from personal experience I think it may be used more often on the west coast.

Edited by mychal26
  • Like 3

That's a bit dumb not to fulfill all milestones (Korean translation) and rushing for the game launch without them all done.

I really hope it's just a mistake and Korean translation is under way.

If something is not done - I prefer not to have the game in April; polished product is more desirable!

I'm still without any information about my Od Nua Statue and all other material stuff...

It's almost like releasing the game not including some of stretch goals!

2b8lz83.png

Edited by Nail

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam