What Was The Final Confirmed Stretch Goal?

Nope. It got to $4,705,524 before fundraising was finished, $70,000 short of Sea Monsters/Fishing goal.

Truly a tragedy. I thought the Ydwin fans would at least pull us closer to the last goal, but alas they failed me. Damn those nerds and their fleeting infatuations.

• Like 5

the final 2 stretch goals

No such thing. If a goal is reached a new one is added. I wonder how far the pre planned list of potential strech goals went, what was on it and what the team would have made up at even higher goals.

I feel like they had those preplanned up to $4.0M and after that was an improvisation. Soulbound weapon was a "meh" goal (though I am looking forward to it!), and Ship Crew & 8th companion were direct responses to fans' inquiries, with Obsidian being rather clear they would prefer to not make the 8th companion and figuring out what ship crew will work like after the campaign ended. Sea monsters seemed to me like the most legit addition, though hopefully it was an extention of existiong feature (I so do wish to fight some big, sea monsters!)

I might be completely off, but that was my impression during the campaign. 

• Like 1

No such thing. If a goal is reached a new one is added. I wonder how far the pre planned list of potential strech goals went, what was on it and what the team would have made up at even higher goals.

I feel like they had those preplanned up to $4.0M and after that was an improvisation. Soulbound weapon was a "meh" goal (though I am looking forward to it!), and Ship Crew & 8th companion were direct responses to fans' inquiries, with Obsidian being rather clear they would prefer to not make the 8th companion and figuring out what ship crew will work like after the campaign ended. Sea monsters seemed to me like the most legit addition, though hopefully it was an extention of existiong feature (I so do wish to fight some big, sea monsters!)

You are not alone, I was (and still am) under the impression that the stretch goal was additional sea monsters... The list they showed with the polpovir and the kraken seemed to indicate such. I also reallllllyyyy want to fight some sea monsters, even if only in ship scripted interactions.

• Like 2

Nope. It got to $4,705,524 before fundraising was finished, $70,000 short of Sea Monsters/Fishing goal.

Truly a tragedy. I thought the Ydwin fans would at least pull us closer to the last goal, but alas they failed me. Damn those nerds and their fleeting infatuations.

We were dedicated. It's the rest of you that let us down!

• Like 1

What's with all the paypal money etc. that was collected after the fig campaign ended? From your postings I presume this doesn't count towards the stretch goals anymore? While the money for Ydwin wasn't collected during the initial Fig campaign, it might have been collected after it. They only shut down the backer portal this week after all...

What's with all the paypal money etc. that was collected after the fig campaign ended? From your postings I presume this doesn't count towards the stretch goals anymore? While the money for Ydwin wasn't collected during the initial Fig campaign, it might have been collected after it. They only shut down the backer portal this week after all...

Obsidian extended the crowdfunding deadline after the Fig campaign ended, but they also ended that months ago - without hitting the streachgoal of getting Ydwin or fishing into the game.

When making a project of this size, there comes a point where you will have to freeze its feature set, even if you have a steady or semi-steady stream of money coming in, or you will be unable to get a complete project out the door.

• Like 2

hey, i had a lot of plans for my spare cash... though, non of them counted on somebody shooting my cat. had to pay a $1,200 vet bill i didn't actually have the money for. still haven't gotten out from under that yet.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

hey, i had a lot of plans for my spare cash... though, non of them counted on somebody shooting my cat. had to pay a $1,200 vet bill i didn't actually have the money for. still haven't gotten out from under that yet.

Holy crap. That's *****ed*.

@Casper: I love my cats, so I can't even imagine the shock if something beastly like that would happen to any of them. I'm so sad to hear about this, and I feel the wrath building up in my chest as well. What a heartless ****!

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Excuse me, a talking weapon is awesome. It will be like having a 4th companion with you!

Excuse me, a talking weapon is awesome. It will be like having a 4th companion with you!

Ha! You mean, it’s own story arch, reactions, relationship system and story quest. I doubt it. Don’t get me wrong, it could be cool, but not an exciting addition for a $250,000 stretch goal. Would gladly swap sea monsters with that.

• Like 1

Ha! You mean, it’s own story arch, reactions, relationship system and story quest. I doubt it. Don’t get me wrong, it could be cool, but not an exciting addition for a $250,000 stretch goal. Would gladly swap sea monsters with that.

i recall a morrowind mod called lilarcor from way back when (had to look up the spelling), involving a defective talking sword. had some good times with that nutty blade.

---edit

since we seem to be sharing cat photos now, i guess i'll post one of mine.

my overlord: marko (who has recovered nicely, just fyi), and honestly who'd want to hurt this little guy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gat9uktgh6kbr/20161122_093900.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Casper

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

i recall a morrowind mod called lilarcor from way back when (had to look up the spelling), involving a defective talking sword. had some good times with that nutty blade.

Lilarcor stems from Baldur's Gate 2. The finest talking sword ever. It's sad it didn't have any formal edumucation though.

• Like 6

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

The only talking sword I remember was in Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker…

Lilarcor (from BG2) was great. It had some very funny scripts. It was basically a crazy two handed sword bent on killing things (big, small, ugly... "he" didnt care)

• Like 1