Hi,

i backed up the game months ago, buying the complete pillar bundle and the Pillars II DLC.

So, is it true that the 3 pre-order items ( sword, flag and white hawk) will be added to my game for free ?

And about the DLC. Do someone know what does it involve? Afterall it was worth 20 dollars, if i remember well.

Thank you

About the DLC all we really know is that there are at least 3 in the works

DLC Content Packs #1-3: Robust content expansions to the base game that will add new areas, new experiences, new items, and expand the world of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. (post-launch content, a $30 value)

the first three DLC expansions for Pillars of Eternity II, which each cost $9.99 to purchase separately, although these will not be available for separate purchase until the game’s official launch.

Though some people have already taken this to mean they will be on the small side

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I don't know.

Call me old school, but i was raised with games like Starcraft 1 and Diablo 1-2 , games in which a DLC ( expansion ) added tons of content for a reasonable price.

Now, times may be changed, but with this 20 dollars i gave Obsidian for the backer package " Pillars II DLC " , i expect an amount of content proportionate with the price of 20 dollars.

And 20 dollars is not a small price, more or less is half the price of the whole Pillars II game.

Now it's up to Obsidian Team. If the DLC content is small, i won't complain, but i will be disappointed and surely this will be the last time i spend money for an Obsidian game.

This is not a critic, i'm simply being clear and honest with myself.

But i believe in Obsidian and i am sure they will give us a reasonable amount of game content for the 20 dollars that we have already spent

The White March was 2 parts for an eventual retail price of $15 each-- roughly the same total price as 3 DLC packs they're posing here.  I imagine that they're budgeting a similar amount of time/staff into making the Deadfire DLC. 

Well The White March 1 and 2 was a big DLC to the first game. There was a lot of content, new companions and whole new "region" to explore. It made me feel kind of homesick because I was raised with Icewind Dale games and this whole winter-mountainish scenery was truly close to my heart. + I totally loved Maneha and her flirty talks with Pallegina. :D

I suppose in the end we will have to see what happens.

And maybe it also depends on who is the true target of the game. For example, kids have no problem of buying lots of DLC, even if these DLC have small content and a price of like 9.99 dollars.

Why? Because the ones who pay are their parents. Kids a lot of time don't think about prices of things, they do not really grasp the value of money.

The point is that usually a kid's mindset is not " balance between price and content " but " let's buy, afterall my father is the one who pays ".

But then, you grow up. You find a job and you fully realize the true value of money and the importance of not wasting it.

So, if Obsidian aim the DLC for a more wide range of players (even we grumpy adults that are oh so always ready to grumble :no: ), probably we will find a reasonable quantity of content for the 20 dollars they asked.

I hope that my post is clear, english is not my native language and sometimes it is hard to try and make a point

There's something weird though,

Few months ago, we answered a DLC Survey, where, pretty much 100% of us answered that :

• What we want is a Big Meaty [effing] Full Expansion.

And now they're telling us that they're coming with 3 simple DLC ?

I mean...  ?

That's Ok if they're going be quite equivalent as having a White March Size - Part I, II & III.

If not... That was hell worth making a Survey ! [sarcasm]

Still, for now I'll guess that :

• Since Pillars I, they continued building on their technology, to make it Evolve.
  • That should imply that they can probably achieve/build More Content >>> Quicker than before.
  • So these DLCs will end up being "Big Expansions". As we certainely all want them to be like.

If not, I'm gonna be sad...

I guess that needs Clarification from Obsidian! I don't wanna feel like I've been "Tricked".

But I've Faith in them, probably more than I need !

:ermm:

Edited by DexGames
  • Like 1

A tad confused here. I ordered the DLC during the crowd funding. Is that the three new dlc packages or is it separate - so there are 3 small dlc + one larger one? Or just one large one split up 3 times?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

There's something weird though,

Few months ago, we answered a DLC Survey, where, pretty much 100% of us answered that :

• What we want is a Big Meaty [effing] Full Expansion.

And now they're telling us that they're coming with 3 simple DLC ?

I mean...  ?

That's Ok if they're going be quite equivalent as having a White March Size - Part I, II & III.

If not... That was hell worth making a Survey ! [sarcasm]

Still, for now I'll guess that :

• Since Pillars I, they continued building on their technology, to make it Evolve.
  • That should imply that they can probably achieve/build More Content >>> Quicker than before.
  • So these DLCs will end up being "Big Expansions". As we certainely all want them to be like.

If not, I'm gonna be sad...

I guess that needs Clarification from Obsidian! I don't wanna feel like I've been "Tricked".

But I've Faith in them, probably more than I need !

:ermm:

Either they completely ignored the feedback or they already had this stuff planned before they even made that survey.

nowt

A tad confused here. I ordered the DLC during the crowd funding. Is that the three new dlc packages or is it separate - so there are 3 small dlc + one larger one? Or just one large one split up 3 times?

Nah, I think that’s was a season pass for that.

If they do 3 parts of the same expansion (as they did with White March) I will be happy. Perhaps, I would prefer for them to simply release them all at once in one meaty exp (I might wait until all of them are complete before doing expansion rerun) but it seems releaseing DLCs in shorter intervals is a business thing - too many companies do it to be accidental.

• Like 2

but it seems releaseing DLCs in shorter intervals is a business thing - too many companies do it to be accidental.

That's consistent with my experience.  I can think of more than one instance where I would've happily paid for DLC had it been released while I was seriously "into" the game, but didn't bother with the DLC when it did come out because I had already moved on to the next thing.  (For example, I still haven't played through F:NV: Lonesome Road.  I even own it!)  My guess is that sales data shows that it is very important to get stuff out close to release. 

• Like 1

but it seems releaseing DLCs in shorter intervals is a business thing - too many companies do it to be accidental.

That's consistent with my experience.  I can think of more than one instance where I would've happily paid for DLC had it been released while I was seriously "into" the game, but didn't bother with the DLC when it did come out because I had already moved on to the next thing.  (For example, I still haven't played through F:NV: Lonesome Road.  I even own it!)  My guess is that sales data shows that it is very important to get stuff out close to release.

Project Red did a clever thing releasing regular tiny, cheap to make pieces of DLC for free leading up to actual DLC. But yeah, keeping players engage with the game seems like a key to selling extra content later on. Which makes sense if you think about it.

Or make it substantial enough to make people want to jump back in - though even Firaxis with their wonderful expansions embraced smaller DLC system.