April 3rd release date; pre-orders open

Sweet, now if I can just finish my two runs in Pillars 1 before April 3rd... who am I kidding, we can probably add a few weeks or a month to that, for patches. :|

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to Pillars 2 with great anticipation.  I'm also expecting some launch day build issues, as par for the course, but I'll probably start a playthrough the second the download finishes anyway. :)

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing 3 versions of every game these guys bring out. The tat added onto the more expensive versions is not worth the money at all. But I guess geeks like to have every bit of tat thrown at them.

nowt

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing 3 versions of every game these guys bring out. The tat added onto the more expensive versions is not worth the money at all. But I guess geeks like to have every bit of tat thrown at them.

So you're getting tired of options? There is no problem here, since standard edition is fairly priced. You can buy that, and let the geeks buy expensive editions, if they feel it's worth it. 

• Like 4

So you're getting tired of options? There is no problem here, since standard edition is fairly priced. You can buy that, and let the geeks buy expensive editions, if they feel it's worth it. 

It's just tat added on. Sick of tat not options. TAT!

Edited by daven

nowt

It's just tat added on. Sick of tat not options. TAT!

sure.

I don't mind if it ends up like White March which was a great expansion - and yes it was an expansion, not a dlc. I will be a bit bummed if the dlc is now horse armour for example.... but I have way more faith in Obs than that. I expect an expansion, probably a bit smaller than White March either in 3 parts or 2 with the 3rd being a small dlc package - a shopkeeper for example.

I'd just relax until we get confirmation from the devs, no reason to panic until someone yells "fire"

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Well, if they add a dlc with an additional class, yes, I wouldn't like that. If they add a dlc with a bunch of extra fancy items here and there I wouldn't care; won't spend money on that.

Hopefully the dlcs they're talking about are fair to meaty expansions (even more hopefuly they have post-finish value!) White March style.

Edited by Sedrefilos

Anyone think it’s a little fast? Maybe I’m just a pessimest.

I think we are so used these days to games being delayed, so when a game does release according to plan we get almost surprised about it.

It's up to each and everyone to either be happy about it or become suspicious. I prefer happy in this case.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

So is anyone else feeling as cynical that they've just chopped up parts of the game to re sell as DLC?

Seems standard practice nowadays.

White March was bad ass so I didn’t mind.

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Is there going to be a Pillars of Eternity Guidebook Volume Two? I mean a hardcover dead tree version? That was great to have for the first game.

I don't see it on Amazon yet.

Edited by Valmy

Is there going to be a Pillars of Eternity Guidebook Volume Two? I mean a hardcover dead tree version? That was great to have for the first game.

It was available as an add-on in the Fig campaign, so they're certainly printing some of them.  But I'm not sure whether that necessarily means that they'll be selling it retail. 

It was available as an add-on in the Fig campaign, so they're certainly printing some of them.  But I'm not sure whether that necessarily means that they'll be selling it retail. 

Yeah. I hope I did not miss the boat on that one. I guess I could just print out the soft version and put it in a binder. Not the same though.

Edit: I just got it as an add-on to my pledge, just in case.

Edited by Valmy

Yeah. I hope I did not miss the boat on that one. I guess I could just print out the soft version and put it in a binder. Not the same though.

Edit: I just got it as an add-on to my pledge, just in case.

Update:

https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001-991/Pillars-of-Eternity-Guidebook-Volume-Two--The-Deadfire-Archipelago-HC#prettyPhoto

• Like 2

Nice cover! Glad they went back to Dark Horse for this; they did an excellent job with the first one.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'd love to pre-order Deadfire. I loved Pillars 1 and really want to support Obsidian's work. Unfortunately the political messages in Tyranny have made me worry. Whether you agree or not, those messages are condescending and break suspension of disbelief. I'll make my decision once some trusted critics have had a look at the game. Do the right thing guys. Keep your fantasy world believable.

So is anyone else feeling as cynical that they've just chopped up parts of the game to re sell as DLC?

Seems standard practice nowadays.

Given how much time they have had to build this thing, I'm gonna say no. If they could churn out huge DLC pieces this fast, they would.